Artist for hire

Hello there everyone. My fiance is looking to do some side jobs to pickup some extra money and help get her name out there. She graduated from LA film school 11/20/2022 with magna cum laude with a degree in 3d character animation. She specializes in character animation but can also do graphic design work. At this time she’s just looking to do some graphic design work but will listen to any job offers others have if they just message me on here or her on Instagram. Here lately she’s done her own 3d design on pucks with nomad sculpt and blender and a few logos for family. If you’d like to see more of her work and what she’s capable of please checkout her Instagram which I will have linked below. Thank you for your time checking out this post and i hope yall are having a good day!

https://instagram.com/cozyartist24?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA==

24 Likes

Very cool! Once I have the funds I’ll certainly hit her up. Nice. (Out of likes atm)

4 Likes

Thanks brother we definitely appreciate it! She’s saving up for a desktop build so she can get rid of the Alienware laptop. Also any funds will go to renewing her Maya act because she said its outrageous like $200-$300 a month

2 Likes

Of course,2-300$ per month yikes that’s crazy! Alienware huh? Nice that’s my sons dream laptop lol

3 Likes

She doesn’t like it. At this time of course it’s outdated the school wasn’t gonna send everyone the newest and best laptop ya know? Came with her schooling because you needed a fast computer to do the 3d animation but without the best laptop fan on the market this dang thing overheated constantly it was so annoying until I dropped $100 on essentially a Dyson vacuum of fans to the bottom of this thing to draw out air now it runs phenomenal

4 Likes

IETS GT500 Powerful Turbo-Fan (5000 RPM) RGB Laptop Cooling Pad with Infinitely Variable Speed,Seal Foam for Rapid Cooling Gaming Laptop,13-17.3inch Laptop Cooler with 3-Port USB Hub https://a.co/d/fGY2KR5

3 Likes

Haha that’s crazy! Ya it’s so powerful it probably didn’t take long either, glad you got it fixed up! Ya he’s been asking for a few years now. Things are ridonculous

3 Likes

Blender is free for 3d
gimp is free for 2d
Inkscape is also free for Vector.

Also there’s stuff like this which will make a 3d model out of any 2d picture.

Some other one too which I cant find but it is really good.

Graphic Design is almost entirely dead now as a profession with advent of AI. 3d artist could work but it is only a matter of time unless it can be parlayed into game creation, licensing or some kind of in character universe. Companies wont need armies of artists now. They just need a few to create the original idea and then algorithms to make endless variations/situations of it.

I;ve been following this for the past year and it has escalated 1000x since then. There were just rudimentary shitty depictions and now very intricate stuff can be created almost instantaneously. It’ll be “good enough” for companies who’ve already sunk to the bottom. And video is just starting. All someone has to do is run an AI 3d model LLM and now they can easily create 3d art style of anything is what i’m saying. I am not into 3d modeling or video yet but i have noticed many different image to 3d modeler algorithms come and go on huggingface. So then that could be input into videos or games or what have you from any picture.

Not to be discouraging it is just that there are soon to be endless troves of these types of posts from graphic designers and artists for companies because theyre already being laid off en masse. As I mentioned, best to use the skills to augment something of ones own doing because not many peole are going to pay for this stuff. I suppose if youre in a small town you can try and get small businesses to do this but with advent of AI generators even people with no artistic experience or sense of quality control are creating entire branding campaigns and copy.

can also use google colab or huggingface to run the intensive stuff until you find a way to monetize and then buy a better GPU. Fiverr and reddit communities could work also. P2P.

3 Likes

I would have to disagree.
Those programs are good for general stuff but not real good at doing some stuff.

It did not work on a big bud pic.
Can you make a 3d model from a large bud pic?
I had no luck myself.
I am currently doing a pot leaf.
Didya know you could buy a large pot leaf wall sculpture at home depot?
https://www.homedepot.com/pep/Design-Toscano-40-in-x-32-in-Natural-Green-Leaf-Wall-Sculpture-NE150020/315132494?g_store=&source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=SHOPPING-BF-HDH-GGL-D59H-059_035_WALL_DECOR-NA-Multi-NA-PMAX-HDH-HDH-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NA-|035_010_WALL_ART|_PMAX_phase_4_CL3TestA&cm_mmc=SHOPPING-BF-HDH-GGL-D59H-059_035_WALL_DECOR-NA-Multi-NA-PMAX-HDH-HDH-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NA-|035_010_WALL_ART|_PMAX_phase_4_CL3TestA-71700000113091411--&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA1MCrBhAoEiwAC2d64Uhib0DjDUeDIhghZHVmg9_5AHWET81hSw-_Y2kc6bilIeg-S1l3rRoC-I8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

3 Likes

Is she interested in selling it?

1 Like

Dude, thats $200 F that.

sick as hell though

2 Likes

Very cool. Seems you got lucky too.

@HighTilliDie
I checked out her instagram and gave her a few likes.
She seems quite talented. :star_struck:

Ask her if she needs any 3D assets ect.
Also if she is interested in Daz studio I have a bunch of assets for that.

I am unschooled and self taught but I do a small amount of 3D stuff mainly for free for friends.
I am always interested in working on projects together with other artists, so if you/she ever wants to practice or just chat I would be open to it.

I have access to some professional tutorials if that will help at all in fine tuning her art.

Peace
shag

10 Likes

True representative of showing other ways to OG. Well done.

1 Like

They’ll always need a real artist to make sure the images have the correct amount of fingers and thumbs.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:v:

7 Likes

There are many. Just have to find them. I cant find the one that turns any 2d image into a complete 3d model. I just used it 3 days ago.

These types of techniques will be implemented into Blender and Maya etc soon just like how photoshop now has AI brushes.

1 Like

Pretty cool… wish I had the talent to do this type of stuff… I’m a self taught free hand artist…
This was done with colored pencils…

9 Likes

She needs it to complete work but after she gets a desktop computer built she will be but that will be sometime next year or later down the road

1 Like

If you remember I’m interested in it if she does decide to get rid of it.

1 Like

@Carty don’t demean your work brother that’s beautiful! I make stick figures so definitely better than me! @CocoaCoir I passed along the information thanks brother. Not discouraging just realistic

2 Likes