August Platform Upgrade Complete

This fooled me, was a quote … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I can see that. The quote looks weird as only the second half was me, lol.

3 Likes

Obligatory image.

IMG_1114

12 Likes

Does anybody know a workaround to make the text centered with this new layout? all the text is smushed way to the left side with a ton of wasted screen space on the right.

With the previous layout, I could zoom in to 150% and the post text was centered with the slider scroll bar visible and not taking up much room.

now if I zoom in to 150%, the text is still shifted to the left, and there is about a sixth of the screen left empty on the right. If I zoom in any farther, the text is too large, and I lose the post count and slider bar.

I have a permanent eye injury that makes it difficult and tiring to read through threads unless the text is centered and reasonably sized.

viewed at 100%, half of the screen space is wasted with large green borders on either side, and the posts are still shifted to the left.

5 Likes

Are you on a pc @zepher? If so try hitting the 3 lines to the left of OG.

When you do it opens a menu and centers the post text. Then zoom as you normally do. Hopefully this helps. :v:

14 Likes

Man thanks that is a noticeable improvement. good thinking.

11 Likes

No problem, glad I could help.

6 Likes

Quick thing that came to my attention.

While in messages there doesn’t seem to be an option to archive messages any more. At least not that I see on my PC.

2 Likes

Go into a message and scroll to the bottom, there is an archive button there. :v:

3 Likes

I seen that was still there but I’m definitely going to miss my mass archive option if thats no longer a thing. lol

I know you know all too well messages pile up sometimes.

3 Likes

Yes sir, that I do. I always wished we had a way to create folders and store PM’s like a mail client. But alas, it is not to be.

5 Likes

When I go to search, hit advanced filters, and try to search posted by.

Because its at the bottom, and Im on mobile, my keyboard pops up and then goes back down immediately. I have to turn my phone sideways in order to use the posted by.

Otherwise update looks great and havent found any other glitches.

4 Likes

I completely agree with that. Folders would be awesome. To be able to permanently delete messages would be great to instead of archiving.

4 Likes

You should be able to delete the message by going into it and at the bottom of the first post of the message there is an ‘add remove’ button. Click it and an ‘x’ should appear next to your name in the list just above the button. Click the ‘x’ to remove yourself from the message. It should no longer appear in your mailbox :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

How do you guys get the bar instead of the individual squares for your green clout meter thing?

1 Like

Thank you it looks great :pray:

2 Likes

I think Doug had mentioned gaining the bar after the 29k mark of likes.

5 Likes

Think the dots eventually spill over into a bar :thinking:
The bar is new.

2 Likes

I think it’s closer to the 28K mark (assuming there is a correlation) :thinking:.

Somewhere around that mark your nine pips will magically turn into a bar and you become the latest member of the :cucumber: club (as in “cool as a” :sunglasses: ).

13 Likes

great upgrade, i was wondering if the photo uploads could be done like the previous version? uploading one image at a time is not a big deal but it was fun to select a bunch and click upload all in one go before

6 Likes