August Platform Upgrade Complete

I’m glad you were able to locate it.

Also, If you click the logo it will take you to the homepage (which is equivalent to the “Latest” by default)

Btw you can change the Homepage from Latest to say, Categories in your profile now:

Preferences → Interface

7 Likes

So a 5 picture upload limit?
I dont believe there was a limit before?
Will this be the rule going forward?
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I belive the limit was 8 or 10 before but there was a limit.

3 Likes

Are you referring to the “Simultaneous uploads limit”? That should be effective for drag n drop tp the composer. Because I am not aware of any limit for total number of uploads in a post.

Now that the resizing job moved to the browser it’s better to have something reasonable set. I am not sure how much can mobile browser handle reasonably.

Also how many photos do you usually need to post an update to a diary? This limit should be set accordingly.

And if you need extras you can always upload second batch to the post.

11 Likes

I love the new layout. Very easily navigable and comfortable to boot.

Very nice work.

5 Likes

This feels like a reasonable limit, IMO. I do upload more than 5 photos sometimes when updating a grow journal, but if I need to do 2 uploads to accomplish it then thats fine. Not really a big issue. One at a time was a bit of a pain but 5 at a time feels like plenty. May just make folks think twice about what they upload as well which is not a bad thing. Thanks Joe.

8 Likes

I am definitely open to discussion about it. Let’s see how the current limit is handled by browsers and how many members feel affected by the limit.

9 Likes

While I’m certainly a photo whore on my threads…

:sweat_smile:

…I’m also very patient when I have to be!

:rofl: :+1:

11 Likes

Was there an upload limit before?
I have uploaded 20 or more pics or so before with out any issues.
Do I have to do 5 at a time now?
I can see that adding alot of time to @Pigeonman’s posts!

3 Likes

Lol. This is where my OCD helps control my ADHD.

:ok_hand: :rofl:

6 Likes

I can’t even upload a photo on my cell phone, whether through the app or the website… maybe because it’s too old, I don’t know… I’ll try on the computer but it’s a shame I can’t do it on the cell phone.

2 Likes

Yes i have done up to 20 photos at once as well before the upgrade.
I will be okay with a 5 file limit.
It just doesn’t seem like an improvement to the site.
What about @Tlander ? :joy:
I always enjoy his picture heavy posts.

3 Likes

555! Yes, I DO go for the numbers in my photo posts! I seem to remember uploading up to 15 pics at a time in the past (desktop computer/Firefox). The one-at-a-time had me seriously considering giving up posting photos as, with my RSO-addled mind, the multi-uploads are a PITA! Five at a time ‘should’ be manageable, but I’d love a higher limit if its possible!

Glad to hear @LemonadeJoe is on the mend! Thanks for all you do here!

:call_me_hand:

9 Likes

A lot. I am good with five at a time. I break up the photo uploads with descriptions. I post a lot of photos because when I go to find photos of strains I want to try it is hard to find anythig but bud shots in mid to late flower. Plus the more photos of a strain the more likely Overgorw comes up in searches of that strain.

7 Likes

Not sure if this is a new thing, but I have never seen the :black_cat: emoji before. :smile_cat: :+1:

7 Likes

Micro issue: animated emojis now seem to be treated like video and you have to press play.

I don’t use them but the play button on it is not very attractive to look at.

I’d suggest either disabling them or letting them run free.

All the best

7 Likes

Chaos I tell ya!

IMG_1162

4 Likes

I blame @George :joy:

9 Likes

ill giver her a test as soon as sun gets a bit shinier its just showing up here

1 Like