Autoflower lighting - 20/4, 24/0, or neither?

You seen some of the autos i grow not bad for 12/12 lighting I did all sorts of experiments with autos,lighting shocking plants to force them to grow pollen sacks there’s not much I haven’t tried on an auto

5 Likes

I’ve grown under 18/6 before alongside my photo plants and flipped to 12/12 to finish them off once the photos were big enough. Yielded ok but nowhere near what they do if you give them the full 18/6 start to finish. If 12/12 works for you and your happy then keep doing your thing :v:

3 Likes

All on 12/12 lighting but there’s 100 ways to skin a cat,like I said before good genetics nice plants
Shit genetics shit plants,

This is what I’ve found over
My experiments with autos,but I’m pretty new grower compared to some of these old bastards here :rofl:

5 Likes

Bro I’ve checked your grows out before. No doubt you raise some amazing looking plants. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. Keep doing your thing :+1:

2 Likes

The point is you don’t have to grow autos on 18/6 lighting like people keep saying there’s no rules to growing weed,
You don’t have to go by the book most of my grows I just wing it
You only live once

3 Likes

I’ve done a few photos 12/12 start to finish in the past and they did fine also.
The phrase “you can’t knock it unless you’ve tried it” springs to mind. :wink:

2 Likes

What I read was about sea of green under 36 inches. Thats my goal.

2 Likes

You don’t want them to small there’s no yields with the smaller plants unless your grow a shit load of them,I’ve gotten to the point if I don’t like the way the plant is growing it’s into the bin

When I first started growing autos they ranged from all sorts of sizes,one joint wonder plants to outgrowing my tent ,

4 Likes

I’m hoping to squeeze 3 oz a plant. Hope is Good

1 Like

How many plants… have to cut down on my grows after this one lol

1 Like

50 fog dogs.

1 Like

Jesus that’s a lot of plants hopefully it works out for you

1 Like

done something like it a time ago.
looking forward to the chaos.

1 Like

For me indoors I just leave the lights on 24/0…but outdoors here in AK we get a little over 20+ hrs…about perfect for autos!

Typically I never run autos indoors unless I’m doing a seed increase or moving a particular project forward…

Alaskagrown

4 Likes

Dropped some Aurora Borealis autos and they’re gonna get as little light as I can get away with. Something like 11 hours during veg and 8 during flowering.

Y’all really love paying your electricity bills that much?

Autos have evolved for not needing much light.
Makes sense to follow that advantage.

For breeding too, the less light you give them, the more they gonna haul ass.
Like that you could train and breed photos into becoming autos over a number of generations.

3 Likes

I read on this forum can’t remember the thread but it was about autos,and a auto goes into flower as soon as the roots hit the bottom of the pot.

Been thinking a lot about this ,I’ve had tiny plants go into flower and there’s no way their roots hit the bottom of a 3 gallon pot

Autos can be strange,one of the things I like about them you don’t know what you’re going to get

4 Likes

How’s the fog dog crop coming?

2 Likes

Just went out to the farm shed to SOG wild. It’s -12 degrees there now, going back up in two weeks to help.

3 Likes

Kinda wondering if you’d see any difference if you maintain the same dli but different photoperiods. Like adjusting light intensity to hit 50dli weather your on 20/4, 18/6, 12/12. I have noticed you can’t hit the same intensity as with photos without dialing back time on.

2 Likes

I had pistils at 3 nodes, 4 inches tall, two weeks from germ. Racecars!

4 Likes