Autoflower Strain Suggestions needed

I need some suggestions on Autoflower strains that can survive/thrive in high heat as in like 95f+ up to 105f or so, anyone have any suggestions, I know Sativas in general handle heat better than indicas, but im looking for actual strain names of things proven to handle high heat, any suggestions?

I cant afford to go buy an Ac unit and there is no central air or any ac where I live. I also wouldnt be allowed to put one in unless its extremely energy effeicent and doesnt jump the light bill a lot since i dont pay the light bill.

I have been putting frozen gallon jugs of water in the tent just to try to keep the temp down and the absolute lowest i can get it during lights on is about 93F, and that is with the lights turned down to 75% power. It runs about 84F with the lights off, and the ambient temps in Ohio right now have been in the high 80’s to 90’s.

2 Likes

Moroccan beldia can do that as long as it has just a tiny bit of moisture. 100+ easily. It is semiautoflowering. The ones I grew started to flower in about 5 weeks. I was testing their dessication resistance and It went for a long time before it started to curl up and turn brown.

4 Likes

With canna, the extremes are known : 15°c/59°f and 35°c/95°f. Both extremes ask specific watering strategies.
In august i flower three good weeks at 104°F/40°c+ …

1 Like

What would the watering stragety be for the High end of the temp scale?

1 Like

Wake up at sunrise to water and then just as sun sets I find works best. Food at night, calmag water in the am

2 Likes

I need a context buddy, it’s not a general rule. In aero by example it’s an hell and you need absolutely a chiller linked with the tank, it’s not the case in DWC.

1 Like

I run an Inert Soilless blend based in Peat(Dr Bugbee’s OG lab blend) or Promix with added Vermuclite.

1 Like

Well you gona want to soak them thoroughly. 100+ can easily dry out a few gallons a day. I use mostly peat based medium with perlite

1 Like

In this case, make a drain at the light ON. And set a micro-dripping the second half of the day, automated or blumat.

1 Like

I water to runoff and I am in 1 gallon pots at the moment that are plastic.

Plastic will help keep the water a little longer. I would suggest a bigger pot if they seem to be drinking too fast.

1 Like

sadly cant afford automation at this point. What exactly is a " micro-dripping"?

1 Like

Im in the nasty ass heat myself, and I find most stuff doesnt like it. From landrace sativas to most modern stuff. Gnome auto claims to breed for outdoor toughness, but all heat is not the same. And high humidty vs dry heat make plants react very different. But all in all, try some haze based stuff. Ive never been able to cook them with heat lol. But should also mention Ive looked and looked for autos that can handle heat, and its not panned out at all for me. Putting them under shade fabric sure helps though

2 Likes

I went with the smaller pots because I have a fairly small tent, I can only really get 2 5g pots in the tent but I can get about 8 1g pots in the tent. I have 5g cloth pots, I just want to grow more than one or 2 plants at a time and cant really afford to upgrade to a larger tent sadly.

The siberian ruderalis would be adapted for cold hardiness so it could have opposite effect of making it worse for you.

2 Likes

In this case I would mix some heavier soil into your peat mix to hold moisture longer. Worm castings and sea compost are good options

2 Likes

This, set tight. Cheaper than blumat (i prefer blumat, it’s passive and rely on gravity).

On the very cheap side, you can use wick system. But you have to avoid the morning drain that is very necessary in plain flowering stage. The soil, and particularly in your configuration, will evaporate fast the water generating layers to “wash” each morning to avoid worries in the blunts.

1 Like

I grow indoors in a grow tent. My humidity seems to hang around 60-65%.

It potentially might be better off without a tent, if that’s a possibility.

2 Likes

Do you have ventilation system?

1 Like