Autos Done Carty's Way

Today was feeding day #1… and only because of what I’m using as I usually wait till day 7 to feed first time. but this Voodoo Juice says week 1 & 2 of veg,
week 1 & 2 of flower… increases rooting and plant health…

And born today…

12 Likes

The Blue Vangoo look real cool :grinning:, been reading about it the past 2 days. This is an auto and your own cross right? How many generations have you got in it?

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that I found an advanced nutrient product “voodoo juice plus”. Supposed to be voodoo juice, piranha, and tarantula in a small hard tablet…haven’t seen it on advanced site though…NM there is an advert right here for it on OG!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Thanks for your interest kabuddha…
Blue Vangoo was only taken to one test generation and forgotten… at the same time I was working Gabagoo and Miss Piggy… MP was lost in a big seed run in Humboldt to PoPo, long story there… Gabagoo has a big Colorado following thanks to my bro Argo… who still has like 20 seeds of it to run…

Blue Vangoo just may be my next big auto though… she gets some nice size to her and the Kush Van Stitch used was a beast of a strain by Stitch… she’s already showing off…

9 Likes

Man, running these is bringing back memories… and why I loved the Blue Vangoo so much. She’s an absolute beast of a plant. Why I never mastered her further is beyond me, but here we go eh?

Looks like 3 different phenotypes in these right off the get go… who’s gonna be the male donor tho eh?
Sure hope the big one is a girl, if so she’s gonna get seeded up…

Gabagoo, 2x Bud of the Month winner by 2 different growers, neither is me

You can see the different phenotypes by the leaf structure… this is gonna be epic, cannot wait…

Obviously takes after the Sour60 Daddy used to create Gabagoo… Short & Sticky male… this one looks small so far.

11 Likes

Well heck… I guess it’s time to show ya what’s been going on…

Day 16 2 days ago I had 2 male Gabagoo show sex. 1 was a super short dude and most likely a heavy Sour60 pheno. so it was culled…

Kept the bigger male

Here is the Gabagoo I chose for breeding… #6

Look at little studly here all cleaned up and ready for the chicks… hehe.
Decided to hit 2 Gabagoo and 2 Blue Vangoo with Gabagoo pollen… if the others get a few seeds it’s ok… but the others I want to load up.

16 Likes

I’ll be up potting a few of these soon, let them start stretching their legs a wee bit…

The breeders I may actually use my old Oxy Pots as I need to order a few more of the 3gal felt pots I use…

See ya’s soon

6 Likes

Up potting Carty’s way…

I started up potting after needing to find 6 females out of reg autos… you really need double at a min… 12 pots at 3gal, um, no fit. to much soil $ too… so I took a chance and the results spoke for themselves. winner winner … so I still do it… watch these take off in just a few days after up potting.

Step 1… Always water in your soil. meaning, fill the pot just over halfway and water that in with 2-3 cups. You want to settle the dirt, never press it with your hands…

Step 2… Measure to see if soil height will work.

Step 3… Add Mychorr of choice, this time I’m trying Big Foot…

this needs direct contact with the roots being up potted…

add soil and finish watering in…

This little lady has the thickest sex pistols I’ve ever seen, especially this early on… usually very thin and wispy. gonna be a cool grow…

13 Likes

And over the next week or 2 I’ll be deciding who gets hit full on and who gets just a little Gabagoo pollen. So far I’ve culled 4 plants… shorties crowding a better plant on my double pots… culled a short male, and one weird grower…
Pretty much the searching is over…

Here are my early choices.
Gabagoo #1 is for sure up there… and next to be up potted. she has the shortest nodes, but let’s hope she stretches a bit…

Gabagoo #6 after removing the shorter #5 plant. ready to be up potted.

Male Gabagoo in rear… Gabagoo #1 in front… getting to be fun

11 Likes

Funny how things can change overnight…

Gabagoo #6 turned out to be a male. And, it’s not necessarily a bad thing…

Okay… I culled the 1st male Gabagoo I’d already chosen and have switched to this new one… WHY you ask ???
The first male showed sex a little fast for my taste at around day 11. this other male just showed sex at day 18. this will allow the females to expose hairs and by the time he’s ready to drop pollen, all females will have hairs ready to accept it… 3wks is perfect so this is pretty close…

Left side male is our new breeder, plant on the right was chopped…

16 Likes

The final count is in… the male on the right was culled for showing sex to soon.

2 Mephisto Sour Hounds on the left @ 2wks old… up pot in a week.

2 Blue Vangoo… pheno on right has sexed, left has not… to nice differences

Gabagoo #1 is a beast and is our breeder

11 Likes

And since no comments are being made… gonna take a week break from the thread and get caught up around here… maybe move some tents around… etc.

see ya soon

7 Likes

Well, funny how fast things can change.

No Blue Vangoo made the cut in this project, only Gabagoo… but this is very ok with me. It was Gabagoo I truly wanted to rework.

What happened was, 1st BV showed sex in like 2wks and was a female… way to early and for sure the Sour60 side of her short self. the weird part is, last night at day 25… the other BV showed clustering. So I cut them both down.

Leaving me 2 Gabagoo beauties… the male is just covered in pollen sacs a few already opening. the female is a beast and is ready to receive his love… most likely have to save some pollen as she has very few hairs exposed atm… I want here loaded with seeds.

I moved them to their own tent as I don’t want the 2 Sour Stompers by Mephisto loaded with seeds… a few I don’t mind and really expect… something to test.

So, onward we go… in the tent as we move forward then will be 2 Sour Stomper fem’s by Mephisto and the 1 seeded up Gabagoo…

7 Likes

Last night I up potted the 2 Sour Stomper plants into 3 gal pots…

I have found my perfect setup after all these years. 1gal plastic pots for 21 days, up pot to 3gal felt. I prefer the 10" tall versions because as I sit the transplant into it she has almost 2gal of fresh soil to grow down into… plus the pots breath better not being as close to each other as the wider ones do…

14 Likes

Right On @Carty I like the auto threads I follow. Tagged for viewing :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Hey Dr G… that plant turned out pretty nice. The phototron is nice if all you want to run is a single plant… I actually experimented with surrounded lighting like that. it was for starting plants and the lights were in a half circle.
Your plant is looking great, not too long now, 2wks?

Up Potting Must…
Okay… remember, I highly recommend starting Autos in 1gal plastic pots…
why?: It allows the larger roots to grow and establish a foothold for the plant to support itself as it puts on height and later weight. during this 3wks the root ball should develop quite nicely.
Mychorr Fungi: Up potting this additive is usually designed to make direct contact with the roots. So fill your new pot with soil over halfway, water in so the soil settles and get height adjusted to transplant height. THEN, add your Mychorr, I’m using a product called " Big Foot " . set the transplant directly on top of the Mychorr, fill sides in with soil and water in slightly… walla.

I guarantee that in a few days you will not recognize the plant as it stretches it’s legs… then as the larger roots reach the edge of your FELT POT it will air trim the roots end killing it off and then begins to grow feeder roots all down it’s length which at this point is exactly what you want…

55 Days she should be ready…

8 Likes

11 Likes

Here’s my girl Day 69 and Friday day 72 is :axe: day just got last watering yesterday so…

thanks again Dude for making this one the best one yet looking forward to seeing what lies ahead again (Double Grape x 3 Bears OG)x CDLC amazing sweet and floral aroma!

10 Likes

Damn, Supa Dank-Supa Dank-Supa Danky :100: :fire: :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Hey LD aka Doc aka Gonzo aka BM.

She is so very close. But since she is not Sativa dominant and you smoke a lot of live resin with super high THC levels… I highly recommend you going another week and checking the trichomes again. You want 50% amber buddy. should begin changing anytime. hang in there.

5 Likes

I’m so frustrated with this breeding project… Don’t get me wrong, the plant is healthy n all… but, at day 36 I’d expect to see cotton balls forming. the 2 Sour Stomper Autos are already doing that and they are a week behind her.

Here she is at day 35 yesterday. cleaned up her bottom and removed her final shade leaf material blocking things. hehe. she is staked out and still producing preflower sites. I can see her going 85 to 90 days at this rate.

Sour Stomper day 27…

11 Likes