Subzero’s Grow Diary 📔

Hello OverGrow,

Today, I’m excited to kick off my first personal grow diary here on OG. I’ve made the decision to transition all my cultivation updates from Reddit, for, well, you know how it goes on Reddit.

To get right to it, my main setup involves a 4x4 tent with a 93-gallon living soil bed, alongside a 3x3 with a 65-gallon living soil bed. This setup benefits from automatic watering thanks to Blusoak tape and a self-filling 5-gallon reservoir in the 4x4 tent. However, the 3x3 soil bed is manually watered.

I’m employing the Clackamas Coots amendment in a 25-gallon bucket from Build a Soil, complete with worms and a diverse 12-type cover crop.

Additionally, I’ve got a 70-gallon living soil pot in my 3x3. It’s currently serving as a space to reverse some hard-to-find automatic seeds that I’m running low on and/or that aren’t available anymore.

In terms of strains, my primary focus revolves around Bodhi, Mamiko, with a dash of Exotic Genetics for photos. For autos, I’m relying on genetics from Night Owl, Mephisto, Fast Buds, and Roc Bud.

My overarching goal with this endeavor is to produce thousands of seeds from specific strains that hold personal value to me. This comes in response to the high prices set by some automatic breeders, with packs often costing as much as $50 for just three seeds. I hope to inspire the community to broaden their horizons beyond classic photoperiod strains and explore the increasingly popular realm of automatics.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Here is my current tent most of OG has seen with a few pictures of how it looked in the start.

This tent currently has 2 young avocado twin trees, 1 canna-cheese 1:1, Chem Cookies & Master Cookies by Mamiko, Passionfruit Hashplant & Silver Unicorn by Bodhi.

My current plants with this tent are to, isolate and hit one Passionfruit Hashplant & Silver Unicorn with Galaxy Brain (auto fem) pollen and some BOG Blue Moon Rocks @DougDawson is currently sending me.

Here is my 3x3 living soil hand watered tent currently

In this tent there is three strains, my biggest Galaxy Brain from 2021 bred by Night Owl and Mephisto Pinot Noir & their popular Canna Cheese 1:1. I successfully started seeing pollen sacks a few days ago and I cannot tell you how exciting this is.

Upcoming Crosses

In a few months I will be doing an F2 of my Chemmander Spangler (Cocoa Chem x SSB3 both by night owl). I will plant about 30-50 seeds along with One Project 51 by RocBud, One Froot by the Foot by Atlas, and a handful of Gammathon by Night Owl.

I will be selecting which will stay and which will go as I see them grow, these will be some extremely fast finishing crosses as my Chemmander Spangler finishes in 55-65 days give or take.

55 Likes

I love this!
Pulling up my chair. :green_heart:

5 Likes

Looking great man.

5 Likes

Looking like a good setup! Passionfruit hashplant sounds tasty

6 Likes

Me likey.
Totally cool bro!
Screw Reddit, lol.
:smiley:

5 Likes

Beautiful garden

4 Likes

No experience with autos here yet. We’re looking forward to starting down that rabbit hole next run, though.
Glad you made the jump from Reddit.
Like I’ve mentioned, living soil is very intriguing. I love the principle behind it, just doesn’t fit our lifestyle at the moment. Maybe some years from now. A man can dream. Hahaha
Garden looks great, man. Looking forward to adding it to my rotation of stops here.
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

5 Likes

You’ll find many on OG that share your views on seed costs being absolutely ridiculous. So right on & good luck with your project! :100:

4 Likes

Thank you for following my new career here in OG haha

2 Likes

Thank you Doug !

2 Likes

It smells so good I get the chills thinking about it lol

Thank you Tracker !

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad you added this to your list. Having a living soil bed is truly remarkable. The plants grow exceptionally large, and the stretching with photos is even more pronounced.

As for autos, they’re just starting out, but I firmly believe they’ll play a significant role in the future of cannabis.

2 Likes

Thank you, and I hope you’ll join in the small fight against the exorbitant prices of genetics.

3 Likes

Right on @SubzeroIceKold glad ya started your OG journey here.
As you’ve found out in a short time, this place ain’t nothing like reddit and that toxic shit.
Gonna lean back in the chair and chill if ya don’t mind :seedling:
Cool boxes :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Everything is looking perfect today ! They are starting to show sex 20 days later. But wow these sure are stretching. It’s going to be a good Christmas this year !

Edit: I ended lifting my light and using different anchors. Much better.

28 Likes

Awesome setup and awesome genetics.

3 Likes

Thank you I’m lucky to have the privilege

2 Likes

21’ Galaxy Brain Pollen!

Tent needed some defol

14 Likes

really nice setup. do you have a gravity res for the drip-tape? hows all the cover crop with all that canopy? moisture meters are really nice with blumats to get the soil dialed perfect. Totally pulling up a chair for this run

2 Likes