Awesome lighter for oldtimers with arthritis!

So my grandpop has pretty bad arthritis and is always fighting with his bic lighter and I ordered these off amazon for us and they work great!

I havnt heard him complain about his lighter since lol. I even went to a smoke shop and bought a $20 dud torch and then another $15 torch that was even harder than a bic to light before landing on this one. I think its great. Anybody else have one?

Sheesh i feel like im selling these things… maybe i should jk lol
Figured id put it out there for any old timers struggling with their hands!

18 Likes

I have one like that from Zippo that is really nice:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zippo-Brushed-Chrome-CandleLighter/883132366

4 Likes

Hempwick or a hot iron is great too.

6 Likes

The little guard thing is annoying, usually pop it out after the third use of a new one. I can see how that’d get tough to do without destroying the thing.

zpmaes-1000

I smoked a pipe briefly (5-7 years) after I quit smoking cigarettes. I love these style soft flame refillables, never would’ve bought one had the place I got pipe tobacco from thrown in a complimentary one. Most of them have a little poker in the bottom. Striker durability is their drawback, don’t think I’ve had one last a year with my fiendish frequency of use.

6 Likes

Just be aware that torch lighters burn at double the temp of a standard butane, so you’ll lose more cannabinoids to combustion.
It’s an extra step, but I swear by hemp wicks like @Pawsfodocaws mentioned. You can use the torch to light it, and you’ll notice a difference in taste too, because hemp quick burns even cooler than a bic!

6 Likes

It’s also cleaner… that’s what really sold me on hemp wicks. It’s annoying to deal with the extra step, but I no longer have to inhale butane along with my smoke.

6 Likes

I do have a hemp wick but the hot wax dripping all over was the biggest pain.

I do overthink about huffing all that butane. I try to just light it quick and let the flower roast instead of constant flame entire hit.

1 Like

I’ve never had hemp wick that dripped wax. I’d try another brand

4 Likes

Yea i got a big spool off amazon a few years back. It helps to take a small pocket knife and strip the large chunky excess wax off or else it drips down. Actually im going to go back to the wick today

1 Like

Lol, did you buy your hemp quick on alibaba? :rofl:
I’ve never heard of this happening, and I got all my friends on the wicks.

3 Likes

Ooh I love Captain Black tobacco, I’ll have to check one of those out. Refillable is a big deal these days. I feel like the BIC’s aren’t lasting as long as they used to.

Can’t say I’ve had wax dripping from any hemp wick I’ve purchased and used from the local headshops :thinking:

3 Likes

Lmao amazon

1 Like

Very cool! Now I want one

1 Like

Dont be hating on alibaba. Hes got them 40 theives, dont wanna piss him off.

2 Likes

Yea theyll rob in you 3 business weeks lol

this is a fact. they aren’t filling them as full. i still have an old one with a spool wheel to adjust the flame from almost 30 years ago that has a little fluid left in it. it was found in an outbuilding and is at least that old, maybe older.

5 Likes

That’s how they increase profits without having to do anything. Charge the same, give less.
Saw it out here at my favorite bar: Used to be 12 wings for 12 bucks, now it’s 8 wings for the same price.
Voila 50% profit margin increase
(Well not exactly, they feel inflation too, but not 50%)

2 Likes

A night out these days is more than most make in a day or 2

2 Likes

:thinking:

So, who’s made more money in total over the years, the lighter & match companies, or the sellers of tobacco, etc.

Tobacco probably wins. I mean, Europe was willing to sail for months to get it’s fix & then went from end-user, to home-grower, to mega-corporate multinational robo ag.

Tractor weed. The future sucks.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like