Azad Kashmir Expansion

Got a hookup-and-a-half of a handful of Azad Kashmir a couple months back. Tripped, fell, and landed in some damp soil.

_
(a) More Linear, thinner petioles, with fewer and shorter side branches.

_
(b) Shortest plant, with heavy side-branching that overtook the main top.

_
© Slender build with longer internodes. Super skunky.

54 Likes

Ahhhh, how time flies. Clones have been taken and rooted, rinse and repeat. Took another twelve today from A and B. C turned out staminate and was set aside for later.

Immediately after taking this picture I knocked the whole tray over and likely killed a bunch :head_bandage:
The extras were blended with sugar and fed back to the community.

Don’t want to risk accidentally pollinating the sinsemilla crop so we’ll have another couple weeks of downtime before the fun starts.

Thanks for stoppin by and keep on keepin on. :thumbsup:

22 Likes

6 Likes

Awesome!! Wanted to snag some of that but it was gone - this is the bodhi variant, right?

Sounds like you did get a male? Would be excellent to reproduce this one!

7 Likes

That’s the plan. Rooted clones of the male and both females set aside, and took one final batch of clones off the females today.

Haven’t investigated the lineage yet, that’s a good question. @Barefrog If I remember correctly, you passed out the Azad Kashmir a few years back?

13 Likes

Hola Gang

They come from Azad Kashmir
its a small region of hash maker
that’s the genetic they used for
their famous Kashmiry Hashish.

indoor I let mine go 10 wk with
a 315 cmh.

Very very Hashy stone more
sativa then indica as a stone.

Enjoy

Bare

28 Likes

Todays update, The Pollen Donors. Super fresh fragrances on the males’ stem rub. Heavy Irish Spring~Lemon Pinesol notes.

Super distinct leaves too, with deep serrations. No way you’re losing him in a crowd.

Immediately after the last update some 14ga. silver wire went into a jar of 0ppm water. A quick google search lead to lots of contradictory suggestions, like:
low voltage produces the best results, and higher voltage produces the best results;
that 30ppm is plenty, and that I’ll need at least 50ppm;
that hot water is the best, but the microwave will perturb the waters vibe, and the water will remember, and the water will kill my plants in revenge. :sweat_smile:
But everyone seems to be successfully reversing their plants regardless of method. Then I started thinking about STS and now I’m thinking the only thing that actually matters is the silver gets inside of the plant.

Not sure if there is a best time of day to spray, but today is the fifth day of once-a-day spraying. Gunna give em another day or two before they get flipped.

15 Likes

The pretty little gender-fluid ladies are still in veg as of this post. They’re still in solo cups too, I should really fix that.

A) Still thinner in general; better root structure; fewer fingers per leaf.

B) Lotta energy being devoted to secondary branches; smaller root mass; beautiful leaves.

19 Likes

The girls never reversed so there must be a minimum ppm threshold of silver. The setup produces 16ppm CS pretty quickly, but after every length of time the ppm doesn’t rise any further. Going to get a different power source with a lower voltage and start over with two fresh clones.

For the moment, the two big females have been flipped along with the male I detailed above. His structure is a bit middle-of-the-road, not too lanky, not too compact. Heavily Aromatic. Bonus points for preflowers on Jungle Spice #6’s

12 Likes

I could be wrong but I believe barefrog provided bodhi with the Azad Kashmir seeds yrs back.

8 Likes

:+1: I hadn’t realized until today that Bodhi released the Azad Kashmir, unmixed, for a charity event. Wonder what his selection criteria was.

I call the girls Seven, and Twenty-three. The males are M1, M2, M3. This first pollination with M1 should be done on or about the first of August, and another clone of each female will go into flower with M2. Assuming a third run starts before Halloween this whole project may be complete before Christmas! :raised_hands:

9 Likes

Bursting at the seams over here! The first flower looks like it’ll open overnight, so he’s sleeping on the top bunk from now on. The roots are growing in a thousand ml glass honey pot to make it easy to get him in the best position to pollinate. Will update in the morn if they get freaky. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :vulcan:

13 Likes

another that adds to the thread :slight_smile:

4 Likes

One day the timing will be just right to get a Planet Earth-style timelapse of the flowers opening, throwing pollen into the wind.

On an unrelated note, these nuisance caterpillars are completely incapable of sustaining themselves on any of my plants. There’s one pepper plant that has gotten a few single nibbles here and there but that’s the only one of them, and one of the azad got bit one day when she was a little sick due to overwatering, but that’s all.
Of note: this caterpillar spent the entire night on this plant and I cant find a bite anywhere. I didn’t even bother taking it off just in case it can prove me wrong.

20 Likes

23 Likes

Those are some beautiful serrations on that male. Pretty cool :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Been looking for a straight up Kaz, any chance of any still available.

7 Likes

Couple pics of a Kashmir that doesn’t hate me.

(Well, maybe just a little)

Straight water from here on out… On second thought I might give her a little coconut water with it, the extra cytokinins should be good for seed development.

On a quasi-unrelated note: Got a proper power supply for the Colloidal Silver. Going to make a new batch and retry for some femmes.

17 Likes

Just put me down for regs, not a big fem fan.
Sure I have a few but nothing more, they been sitting for a bit

6 Likes

Yeah I much prefer regs too, if only for the sake of increased diversity.
Femmes are nice for pure bud runs though, and a lot of people I know have no interest in breeding. Easier to pass em some seeds than a clone too and god I love simplicity.

9 Likes