Back to growing, first round; bagseed

I have had three plants in the past top themselves then the tops grow back together and make a top bud (conjoined) all oval with a flat hollow ribbon stalk. There is a term for it but it eludes me at the moment. Last time it happened to me it was with some Passion #1 f3’s I had made.

2 Likes

Think I saw a pic of that floating around here somewhere.

No idea what that is.

2 Likes

Somebody posted a grow just a couple days ago were the plant topped itself then grew back together in a bow…“who” eludes me also…but very cool indeed

2 Likes

Something like this? This is the Jilly Bean #2 clone that had the “fascination”. It came out pretty dense.

7 Likes

Hey OG’ers!!! Happy Monday :upside_down:

Little update for you all. Finished the first round of nutes, giving nothing but tap water for the next week as a bit of a flush before the next round (which will be their last at this rate).

Day 80 from seed, Day 25 of 12/12 (feb 4)

Trained Plant clocking in at just under 16" at it’s highest

Profile shot

The stalks are bursting with buds, whatever this strain is, it is a nice producer, nice prediction @99PerCent :thumbsup:

Couple of random bud shots from this plant:

Up next, the TOPPED PLANET holding the height record at just under 19" at it’s highest point.

Side view of the stalks:

Turns outs there are two stalks which are a combination of more than one stalk:

I’ll update again in five to seven days, probably will have started them on their next cycle of nutes. Peace out friends, and especially to the non-friends!!

7 Likes

Hey all!

Mid week update, day 28 of 12/12 (today), just snapped the photos this morning.

I flushed the plants on Sunday to conclude the first round of nutes, and haven’t had to water yet (skipping today too it looks like). Temps have been low, between 15-21C - not below 15 in the overnight yet but the plants seem happy and not at all bothered.

The Topped Planet is coming along nicely, the fused buds are going to be fun to watch grow. This plant is a much higher water consumer than its tent mate, it also had more stretch and quite the number of bud sites for it’s relatively limited footprint.

The Trained Planet is a slow eater but eager to grow. The stretch wasn’t not much and really shone in developing bud sites.

Thanks for checking out my grow log!

I’m a bit short on details, i know, when the grow is complete I’ll transcribe my hand notes (i keep a written log with some metrics) into something comprehensive. Cheers!

10 Likes

Hey all,

To quickly catch up until this post:

February 11 (87 days from seed, 32 days flower) this was a relatively significant day in terms of changing up some variables.
My humidity values you were in the 90’s overnight for the past while and to combat that I started to run the exhaust fan 24/7 instead of 12/12.

I also noticed some die off on the lower leaves and yellowing throughout the plant from the inside of the leaf and out, this was happening on both plants. I’ve also started them on the flower cycle of feed amounts.

Feb 13 (89/34)
–added CaMg to the feed
–temps were between 16 - 22, with RH now at 32%-50%

Feb 16 (92/37)
–Topped plant is just under 20" and the trained plant steady at about 16"

Feb 18 (94/29)
– gave them a big feed as i had to travel for work, so they had to go five days before their next water

TODAY
Feb 23 (99/44)

• The plants made it, they were fairly dry and shown signs of being a bit starved but otherwise ok. The topped plant really used every bit of moisture available. You’ll see the medium is pretty dry is some of these photos.

Trained Plant:

Now for the TOPPED plant:

Thanks for stopping in!

9 Likes

Day 116 from seed, 61 in 12/12, 12 days to chop

No news is good news and here we are at the flushing days.

Topped plant with the mutie bud is getting wobbly, has a pungent gassy smell that’s almost offensive but there is a bit of sweetness and it’s super sticky. Trichs are at about 20% amber, 55% cloudy, 25% clear

The trained plant is seemingly more on the sativa side as i initially suspected, a pleasant nondescript fruity sweet smell that puts a smile on my face every time i come close. Trichs are about 60% clear, 35% cloudy, and 5% amber.

The other side

11 Likes

Coming up on done and looking good.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the harvest and smoke report thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

hey everyone!!

time flies but it feels like it’s been forever, today, after about eleven weeks of 12/12 i decided to chop down the ladies.

Here they are together, two very distinct strains.

I really want to share the topped plant first, it was a real pleasure to look at.

and the mutie bud… this was a real pain to give a once over, deciding what to keep was a chore and trying to snip out the unwanted was a venture into the abyss.

Visually, this plant produced a half decent yield

The trained plant wasn’t as nice to look at but it sure was sticky and smelled oh so good, like sweet jasmine.

This plant was really leafy with airy buds, but a lot of the leaf was just as caked so i kept a lot of it for a hash run later - though it did not yield as much as her tent mate

Now, they’re in the tent drying for the next week or so

I’ll keep updating the thread as i process the plants along their journey. I may even do a nostalgia post of the best bud shots from this grow. Thanks for sticking around and reading, be well! :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Wanted to add, temps and RH in the tent are tightly within the range of 16-18°C and 39-43% respectively.

8 Likes

nice finish should be some good medicine, not bad at all for some bag seeds

3 Likes