Banquos Basement

Those cheese cookies look yummy man!

Nice update as well…

1 Like

Here are a few closeups of the Pentagrams

7 Likes

Holy friggin smokes!!! Those look AMAZING!!! I really can’t thank you enough for stopping by and sharing some pics every so often. I got so excited when I saw the notification preview and it said something about Pentagram close up pics. And boy oh boy was it worth the wait to hop on and look. Gorgeous shots. Can’t wait to see how they finish out for you. They obviously love the conditions in your tent. Are any of them smelly yet, and if so, can you pinpoint anything? I’m sure each of them smells different, with all the genetics mashed up in those seeds. But I’d think they all have hints of OG in them, somewhere, with all the different OG autos in their lineage?

Again, thank you so so much for stopping by. This seriously made my day, if not my whole week. :blush:

6 Likes

NewBerry Black fem auto

She’s up and running, ready to do her thing. My first fem auto creation, with pollen donated by the legendary Nagel420 (too early for @'ing) from his reversed Black Cream Auto. I’m so excited for this plant, probably equal to or even surpassing the excitement I felt when I ran Dr. Grinspoon last year.

Nothing much else to talk about. The unnamed reg auto has also popped up, and the Orange Sherbert and Meph freebie aren’t far behind. I’m starting to worry (already :sweat_smile:) about my other creation and the Purple Nuggets seeds. I think I see bumps where I planted them, but I’m not sure. Hopefully I see some action later today so I don’t have to dig out my seed mining tools.

All 4 Spotted Limes F2 seeds cracked and had little tails after about 36 hours soaking, and the 2 Pink Panama CBG did as well. So all 6 of the “breeders” are settling in to their containers now too. I’m so stoked for this little project. I can’t wait to be able to share these seeds with some people.

4 Likes

We are a legion of lonely stoners with no IRL friends b/c we are hunted and shamed for enjoying a plant. Sounds like a great end of world novel ready to be written. :slight_smile:

I am SAHP and I only speak to little people and my wife who thinks I am crazy and just nods “Yes dear”

Hi

4 Likes

Welcome to OG! You might consider introducing yourself here:

Don’t worry @SirFur, you’ll never be alone again.

5 Likes

I feel privileged to have someone make their first post on my thread. Welcome to the OG community. But, like the big growmie @lophophora.ca said, you might want to head over to the introductions thread. This is simply a grow diary gone awry, and the vast majority of this amazing community won’t know you’re here.

Welcome to OverGrow, and thank you for checking out my little corner of weirdness :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

It is indeed exciting to see the progeny :slight_smile: So glad it worked for you and ya got some babies as a result… :smiley:
Happy times!

2 Likes

Hey bud! This is the first time I’ve ran any autos inside. Had a couple outside about 5-6 years ago. I definitely made a bunch of mistakes with these. They did not like very much light and I didn’t feed them enough early on. I’ve been playing around with my soil recipe and I was just trying to figure some things out with these plants. I’m sure I could have done much better. That being said, the plants definitely did well and are really frosty. Two smell like og with a hint of sweet orange. Two smell like og with a hint of lime. The short one has a different smell that I don’t know how to describe. I’ve grown hundreds of plants and 40+ different strains. Never had one like it, that I can remember. I’m not an auto guy but I would definitely grow these again. Kinda excited to see how they smoke. Great job on the cross and thanks for letting me try them out! I just took a few pics to show the difference in structure.

6 Likes

5 Likes

By any chance, does the smell you can’t describe remind you of table salt? Like just straight up Mortons salt? Because I swore up and down that the Heisenberg x 3BOG I pollinated to make Pentagram smelled just like salt. It didn’t stay to cure, but the living plant sure smelled that way. It was crazy

2 Likes

I’m kicking myself right in the rear end for letting my rig get to where it’s currently at. Not starting any seeds for so long has me sitting here bored, which means I’ve started thinking again, which means I’m probably about to do something dumb. Thank goodness I’m totally out of ProMix and have no small containers left to fill.

All 6 seeds from the first round have popped and are now standing tall, domes removed. RH is a little low in there, struggling to get over 30%, but they’ll make it. The Purple Nuggets and Orange Sherbert are struggling a little bit, possibly because I had to manually remove the seed hull from both. They’re still moving along, although a little slower than the others.

In the second group, the project group, both Pink Panama CBG are sprouting and should be up by days end, and I for sure see a bump, possibly two, in the Spotted Limes F2 containers. I wish I’d had more of these for this project, especially since it seems to be taking off in popularity recently. But I’ll make due with what I’ve got and make as many seeds as possible and then get them out to as many people as possible. If I can net at least 1,000 SL F3 seeds from this project I’ll consider it a smashing success. The PPCBG x SL F2 seeds will all be bonus beans, and included as a freebie with the SL F3s I ship out.

What’s on the horizon? I’ve been thinking so much about this Spotted Limes F3 project, I haven’t really thought about what comes next. I’ve thought about a few things, but there’s two that keep circling back to the front of the line. First is my “Strawberry Dreams” auto project. I want an auto with really juicy Strawberry terps that also knocks me out cold. Hence the name Strawberry Dreams. The other project I keep thinking about is a seed run with Cheese Cookies from Twisted Tree. I loved growing that little purple plant, and have really enjoyed the smoke so far. It isn’t overpowering in either direction, but that’s something I prefer for an all day smoke. So I’d like to move it forward and find that really Cheesy smelling terp profile and work with that.

Those two ideas are currently holding the most real-estate in my mind. But I’ve got dozens of reg auto hybrids to work through, and I’m not against starting one random seed amongst a bunch of seeds from the same strain. “Winner” plants are likely to pop up from anywhere, IMO. Home growing and breeding has gotten to the point of dang near anyone, myself included, being able to whack a couple plants together and end up with some fire. Granted, there might not be as much stability and uniformity across all those seeds, but if they aren’t for sale and come with an “UNTESTED” disclaimer, what’s the harm in that?

That’s the world I’m living in :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I just watered them and really tried to pinpoint the smells. Two of them are starting to smell of over ripe watermelon that has been warming up in the sun. The little one is ripe watermelon with a hint of cucumber. They all definitely smell really good

1 Like

It’s gotta be the Tropical Wiz in their lineage kicking out all these super awesome fruit smells. I guess I need to dive in to the seeds I have left and see what turns up.

2 Likes

First attempt at making QWISO.

Got bored last night so I decided to do something with all the kief I’ve got sitting in jars. I think it looks like it’s going to turn out really nicely, and I’m happy it didn’t end up looking like mud or tar. My only concern is that it won’t setup and get hard enough to handle, because I used 91% isopropyl alcohol. Even that seems like a longshot though, since the thinnest spots on the plate are already dry and not tacky or “wet” feeling at all. It’ll turn out, I’m just being pessimistic.

As long as this run turns out good, I think this is what I’m gonna do with most of my trim. I don’t think I’ll use whole plant material, but I’ll definitely shake it in the trim bin and save up all that kief til I have enough. I should have weighed the kief before I started, to keep track of returns, but I was short on time and skipped that part. I’m guessing between 7-10 grams of kief, give or take a couple grams. Everything I’ve read says kief gives awesome returns in this process, so here’s hoping! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Here is the weekly photo update on the Pentagrams. Everything is looking and smelling good. A couple of them are starting to fade into a really pretty purple color

6 Likes

Woooooow! These are some beautiful plants, and really good quality pictures to boot! I can’t thank you enough for stopping by and showing off these gorgeous girls. It truly makes my whole day when I hop on here in the morning and see that you’ve shared another update. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

As to the fade colors. I experienced the same with the 2 I recently ran, but didn’t want to call it a trait since it was a high stress grow for both plants. Seeing that bottom picture you just shared though, that changes things. Mine looked very very similar in leaf color, a very dark purple that got almost black at the very end, but not so dark that the beautiful dark red color in there can’t be noticed. I’m very happy with these results, and I will be looking to further that trait if I decide to make F2s.

I’m so inconsistent with my signing in and keeping track of stuff, so please forgive me for asking where these ladies are at in terms of day count? I’m thinking right around day 60, maybe only 55? Again, I apologize for being horrible at keeping track of stuff. But that is something I’ve noticed with Pentagram and it’s parent strain Space Wiz, they’re fast. Fast to reveal, fast to move into flower, and fast to finish. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see you chop before day 75, if not before 70. I think mine only went 62 and 64 days, but again, I’m terrible at keeping track of this stuff, even in my own rig :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hey bud! I’m happy ,to be able, to let you see your babies grow up. They’ve definitely been cool little plants to grow. They are at 63 days today. I’m also awful about keeping track of things. Thankfully I took a picture when I put them in the paper towel. I plan on giving them a few more days while my other plants finish vegging. I’ll post a few more pics before harvest and leave a smoke report. Thanks again for the seeds!

1 Like

@Banquo these are looking amazing!! I’m reversing a blackstrap auto clone I took at the moment! It’s exciting! If anything comes of it, maybe we can trade some? I’m hoping for some s1 and then I’m going to try to cross with a few others I have going too. (Strawberry nuggets x CDLC, (double grape x 3bog) x CDLC, and Ewok x CDLC) all crossed w blackstrap. The blackstrap mom is crazy tough. She’s been broken in half main stalk, several branches have been broken and taped up, she just kept going and busted thru the tape bandaids lol she didn’t start flower until week 6 (I think- I’d have to go back and look) and she’s huge! U can check out my journal if you’d like? I can use all the experienced growers I can find lol

Here’s my journal if you want to check it out

2 Likes

Skimmed through some text posts and took some looks at the pics you’ve shared. That Blackstrap is tough as nails, and I’m really impressed it cloned so well. I would LOVE TO trade for some S1 seed from her, and/or any of her out-crosses. I was on the fence about ordering some Blackstrap (ANOTHER Cookies variant??? :roll_eyes:), but I’m seeing now that there is potential beyond just the beautiful colors she shows off. I’ve seen a couple people share pics of some really big, yet still well formed, Blackstrap plants. So, naturally, now I’m kicking myself for not grabbing a pack when they were still under the Mandalorian branding

2 Likes