Basic everyday shit you can find around the house to add to your plants

Outdoors hair is good to keep deer away from plants

2 Likes

Do you only use one spice when you make any other dish? You canā€¦ but variety is the spice of life.

The heat helps the dry rub soak in

2 Likes

Dudeā€¦I dont think your lying. I hope your lying. LMFAO!

2 Likes

Look friend if you wanna spend a dollar to save a dime, fermented this and thatā€™s, human hair, piss, milk, dissolved eggshells, blood, whatever, top dressed composted fermented bokashi extract LAB worm tea juice FPJ, feel free. Itā€™s there and it sorta works and in theory itā€™s cheap?

But it is so, so much easier to just buy a $20 tub of Veg&Bloom

IDK how much your time is worth.

To me it seems like the ā€œesotericā€ side of growing is a hobby unto itself. I just like growing great plants and not working very hard to do it. Maybe I donā€™t get it.

2 Likes

@vernal I think you have the perfect perspective to get into organics, a completely simplistic and realistic view of the input vs output.

Youā€™d agree dolomite lime is a regular and ordinary soil input, right? Now, I already go through 5-10lbs of eggshells a year, so why pay for the lime? I donā€™t dissolve it tho, save myself the smell and the vinegar, I just crush it and toss it in some soil.
And then to the point of putting in the least effort when it makes the most sense, the vast majority of my soilā€™s nutrition is still just a bag of $.75/lb chicken compost and rock dusts.

Their roots also uptake some of the carbon.

not trying to reinvent the wheel, and sorry for the delayed response, was researching some of the topics in the thread, but I was looking for something I can whip up when I want more branching, or taller plants, or even fatter nugs but molasses can take care of that

anything I can add to the molasses to make it work better? id buy store bought stuff but its expensive when growing a big crop and sometimes fresh ingredients in plants makes better plants

maybe something like roots? or fresh marijuana plants? no clue on the science here

If you have the time to make them, you can make ferments of fruit and local vegetation to create your own grow and bloom fertilizers using brown sugar or molasses. If you are serious about it, look up Gil Carandang (The Unconventional Farmer) and his methods. I believe he mentored under Cho and one other.

I donā€™t know the rules for posting external links here but google is your friend.

Good luck.

Feel free to post links to other, relevant, sites. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Off the top of my head:

Banana pulp extract - bloom fertilizer good source of K. I know this works.

Dandelion extracts - roots and fleshy leaves for growth. It is my understanding that the un-opened blossom of these weed contains growth hormones but they must be picked before the sun hits them in the morning and they open up. Actually most any fleshy and leafy vegetation can be used. Stinging nettle, comfrey, horsetail etc.

There are tons of possibilities that are local to you. The onus is on you to research what is local and take it from there.

Thanks reikox.

Here is one for you:

The Unconventional Farmer:

https://www.unconventionalfarmsupply.com/unconventional-farmer-links

1 Like

Once while at a zoo I watched a monkey piss in itā€™s hand then use the piss to smooth out the hair of itā€™s babyā€¦so now imagine a monkey but not any monkey a dirty :monkey: a real Grease monkey all hoped up on fertilizer

4 Likes

this kind of stuff is perfect!y basic stuff you can find in a grocery store or grown that you can add to your plants!

can you add caffeine to plants? animals react well to the stuff

but could I ask where you got this info? was it a book?

These links should get you started. Good luck.

Well, true, things donā€™t scale. If I had to fertilize a couple acres of plants with MaxiBloom, Iā€™d go broke. I put 60lbs of lime on my tiny 1/8th acre yard last year, and Iā€™ll do it again this year. 60lbs of lime is likeā€¦$20?

Damn son I thought I ate a lot of eggs! 10lbs of shells? Haha that just you or a whole family?

1 Like

Thereā€™s three of us. Each eggshell is something like 8-10g, so a box of 60 eggs is $3, with a little over a pound of shells. We go through a box in six weeks or so, so somewhere around 8 boxes a year.

Damn good point. My garden doesnā€™t justify fractions of an acre :joy: :cry:

Unfortunately I canā€™t provide seeds or make seed runs like many of you amazing guys can.

It makes me very happy to know that someone has been able to benefit from my research of information and what not.

Thanks for highlighting that @tappy

Hope others will benefit too.

2 Likes

Thanks for that! I thought Iā€™d seen it somewhere and lost it.

Is that people piss? My silver maple loves my pissā€¦can I say piss more?..piss
High nkp?l does anyone say anyting that would be high p k ratio for piss

1 Like