Human Urine as Nitrogen Boost

Anyone else piss in a bucket and water their plants with it?
Saves water and you have free fertilizer.

I wouldn’t do it after drinking alcohol or if you’re on medication though.

You can use it pure, or diluted with water or water you’ve used for boiling pasta, or compost tea.

11 Likes

Needs to be watered down and diluted before use it’s very hot

5 Likes

Check out nitrogen cycle. You need bacteria to break it down to the form that plants can use.

16 Likes

Was used by the hippie and grateful dead generation

2 Likes

Cheech and chong recommended it, I wonder if thats where this nugget comes from? B12 too

5 Likes

I first saw Brad Lancaster use urine as fertilizer. The whole video is fascinating, it’s mainly about waterharvesting.

Then later I saw Geoff Lawton talk about carbon to nitrogen ratios of various manures including human urine so I thought, yeah, it makes total sense.
But undiluted it’s to be used in moderation. I’ve used undiluted urine as a first dose in my garden just after I turned my lawn into permaculture beds, now I dilute.

4 Likes

If you are not vegetarian…

BONUS! Free deer repellent! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Not worth a crap for deer repellent, they’re used to humans being around.

4 Likes

This past winter I experimented with urine. I had one plant I gave my urine to and it worked great. One cup per gallon of water. It grew some real dank nugs.

7 Likes

At 10:1 water to urine I thought it made my space smell faintly of pee, though I was growing in a spare bathroom so the smell might have been all in my head.

Either way the plants had a healthy rich green colour.

5 Likes

It only works if you use it as a foliar feed in late bloom.

11 Likes

Agent-Dale-Cooper

Knock yourself out. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I don’t want to use my piss but how can you turn down anything that could boost that’s free and readily available? :laughing:

1 Like

all i have to say

4 Likes

Two days after I gave my basil some urine it grew two inches and started flowering.

I once did a run on urine diluted 10:1 with water for veg, and comfrey tea for flower, in promix, with nothing else and it worked surprisingly well!

2 Likes

Fuck yeah. How often did you feed?

Actually, now that I think about it I was checking ppm(with a cheap uncalibrated pen) and running veg at like 300-400 early on with each watering and gradually increased it to like 800 or so by flip, then started using the comfrey, which I think I was running at 800 or so ppm(according cheapo pen). It was a couple years ago.

I was just getting set up in a new space and I wanted get a baseline of what I could do with very minimal input, turns out quite a lot! I’ve since moved on to full on coots style living soil irrigated with blumats, which is going really well.

3 Likes

I didn’t understand anything. :upside_down_face:
So how often did you feed the 10:1 solution, once a week?
I’m a very simple man, have mercy.

2 Likes