Basic question for a newbie

I hear it’s recommended to use only 25% or 50% the recommended dose so my question is if I’m filling a full 6 gal octopot and my recommended does is 1ml/gal would that mean I should do .25mlx6 to get the amount to put in the pot sorry a bit confused

2 Likes

What brand are you using ?

25-50 ml to a gallon of water ? Then put this into octo Rez to wick up into the fabric pot

If your medium has food already in it , then plain water ( with calmag if required )

3 Likes

Yes. Watch how your plants react and up dosage if they are light in color. Not familiar with octopods but I start at 50% recommended full strength of manufacture’s recommendation.

Good growing ya’ll

Smib

1 Like

are you starting a seed or dropping in a clone? theres a bit of an art in starting octopots, once they establish themselves they rock but a little harder to start.

some even say for seeds way better off to start in solos and let them establish.

3 Likes

That would be 1mil per gallon of water you are going to water with, not the size ot the pot and the soil in it. :wink:

1 Like

These are octopots tho so I fill a 6 gallon reservoir and it feeds through wicking im just wondering if I do 6x the amount if I’m filling all 6 gallons

2 Likes

Perfect Ph from advanced nutrients I think I get it tho so just find the schedule drop it to 25-50% and do 6x the amount per gallon if I’m full filling?

1 Like

@hanksreserve

The takeaway from that bit of advice is to -START- with 25-50% strength.

It just depends how your plants react to it. If they seem ok with 25%bump it up a bit to 35% when you refil the reservoir.

You said 1ml/gal, and you have 6 gallon pots (assuming this is the water volume)
25% is:
6 gal of water + (0.25ml x6)
Or 1.5ml per 6 gal water

50% is 3ml per 6 gal water

Your soil volume does not factor into the equation.

If using soil start really low % , you might not need it (maybe just calmag)

You.could just top up the reservoir s and mix the percentages but dumping out the old solution and filling with fres mixed solution will be a more accurate indicator

Hope this helps good luck

1 Like

Thanks! This actually helped a lot finally transplanting to my octopots this weekend wanted to make sure I start right. Gonna do the 1.5 ml for 6gal and go from there. Wish me luck lol.

4 Likes

OK, your original question confused me lol :+1:

Hey Growmie,

How is it or was the grow with PH perfect nutes? What did you decide on per gallon?

I just followed their advice and diluted to 25% then changed anything I needed based on signs it showed but if you want me to be honest I switched midway through to jacks cause I didn’t like the hassle of guessing wanted something tried and true

Seems you removed the post but I actually use a mix specifically told to me by @Papalag that’s for octopots it may be changed he’d be the best person even I think I messed it up a bit

1 Like