Beans for everyone (Part 3)

That’s why I’m not one of those likes. :rofl:

I was gonna say: Turkey Necks, Rabbit or Squirrel

7 Likes

You should have gave one of those likes, your first guess was bang on the money. I could eat these things once a week, if I can keep them away from my daughter. She is just like her father, we fight over the neck and the popes nose.

5 Likes

You got my like now! :rofl:

My mom was the one that never had to fight anyone for the turkey neck in our house. Not one of us cared for them so she indulged.

The burnt potato’s though… that was thunderdome between my Father and I… but we played nice and always rock/paper/scissored for who gets to keep the hambone for soup after the big family dinners. :drooling_face:

4 Likes

I only get one :point_up: turkey :turkey: neck a year that comes with the thanksgiving turkey :turkey: and I use it to make gravy out of in a stock pot with all the leftover vegetable :green_salad: pieces. My wife’s father used to smoke :dash: turkey :turkey: necks at thanksgiving for everyone to get one. They were good, but not much meat :meat_on_bone:. He also used to cook :man_cook: chicken :rooster: feet :grimacing:! :facepunch::+1::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

That sounds awesome, I think I will give the smoking of the turkey necks a try. But not a chance on the chicken feet, that’s just too gross for me. I don’t care how much you bleach them.

1 Like

Appreciation, my man. Call on us whenever you need :purple_heart::love_you_gesture:t2:

Chicken feet can hit right. Gimme all that! Blood sausage, everything :fire::fire:

5 Likes

Don’t be making me want to try one out of curiosity. LOL
No really, DON’T. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Just gotta get the right sauces

Nah I’m good on necks or any organs thanks.

4 Likes

If you ever make it up for a visit, I will definitely change your mind. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you again @THCeed for these AWESOME beans

Looks like the roller almost popped em out…crushed it a bit….but still a bunch of great looking beans to pop

Can’t wait….truly excited about having this to grow, blessed

14 Likes

I couldn’t reply until now, just got member lol, I absolutely love turkey necks. The way my mother made them… to die for. My all time favorite meal.

3 Likes

I concur on the necks @THCeed and @Gato ….turned my friend on to them this year…he was blown away

:grin:

7 Likes

I cook them in chicken broth, low and slow for a few hours. Then I take them out, put in another pan, by themselves and brown at 350 for half an hour. Meanwhile I half cook my pasta springs and put that into the broth. Put the necks back on top of the pasta and cook together on 300 for half an hour. Just to die for.

6 Likes

People are very passionate about their turkey necks:

2 Likes

This what happens to them turkey :turkey: necks on thanksgiving first!

IMG_5241

Then in the pot of collard greens :leafy_green:! NC style!

IMG_5242

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::+1::facepunch::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Well, it ended up that I had to go to the pharmacy and get the tick antibiotics. Yesterday, I noticed a bump on my scrotum, had a look and it was a tick buried way inside. So not to break him, I had to do surgery around him, to try and remove it without breaking or crushing it. Good God, what a mess. A little tender today.

18 Likes

That’s the last thing I expected to read today. Damn, man. Glad you’re okay? What a story to have. That sounds brutal

5 Likes

Damn, I’m cringing over here

4 Likes