Best Budget Dehumidifer for 4x8 tent?

Hello,

Looking for a budget Dehumidfier. Right now mainly at 60 will sometimes get in the 70s which has me a little concerned. Would like to bring it down to 40-50 range.

I do live in a humid hot climate, especially this time of year. Any other tips to keep the levels down would be much appreciated. Thank you OG!!!

3 Likes

Depending on room size will determine how big of a dehumidifier you’ll need . Don’t make the mistake of buying too small of one.

5 Likes

:point_up: This guy would know.

I’d also suggest that this is something to spend money on and not cheap out. And I’m cheap :+1:

AC is another possibility depending.

4 Likes

If you set up some Craigslist alerts/searches you can snag a great deal if you don’t need the dehumidifier immediately. I ended up getting a GE model that pulls down 50 pints/24hrs for $40. Been going strong for over a year since I got it. If you need it for your current grow this is probably a less palatable option but if you do go used, make sure to test it and inspect well to get a feel for how many hours it has on it. You can also search the model/serial and see when it was manufactured to get a better sense.

3 Likes

Up your temp maybe as temporary fix help keep you out of danger zone
Just remember to slightly lower ppm as they drinking more

3 Likes

My recently purchased 50 pint dehumidifier is capable of pulling the RH in my 100sqft room down to 50% even when the ambient humidity is 95% and the temp is high 80’s. I don’t recall the brand name off hand, some rando Chinese knockoff with a low price and good reviews on the AmZone.

One “must have” feature is a Humidistat control that allows you to set a specific humidity target rather than a range. If there’s any way you can swing it, install a direct drain to empty the extracted water outside. That way you can just set it and forget it rather than needing to empty the “bucket” manually.

Cheers,
-Grouchy

4 Likes