What size dehumidifier

Looking at what size dehumidifier to run in a 10x5 tent to bring humidity from 80 down to around 45-50 and how much water I can expect to pull per day? I have a 95oz one and it looks like it’ll fill up within an hour…. Looking for any insight…

2 Likes

i run a 4x4 and a 3x3 in the same room(venting into the room). i have to run a 70pint 24hrs a day. i have 2 dehus one i run at a certain RH with lights on, and the other runs with lights off and a lower RH setting. both have pumps built in and empty at least once a day! they take more electricity than my entire setup. but its that or bud rot. at least in my super humid environment.

6 Likes

Looking to run it inside the tent?

1 Like

I wanted to as I don’t have a drain nearby but won’t the humidity just stay in tent then if I run it inside?

They dump a lot of heat and we’re heading into summer so if it’s in the tent just be ready for that.
I run one in my lung room , pull air through the tent and then exhaust it outside (or back into lung room in winter)

When I bought it the advice was “buy the biggest one you can afford”. :rofl:

5 Likes

My basement is 65RH without any plants in a tent… I’m not sure how else to lower it without a dehumidifier. Didn’t realize they rip that kind of power

1 Like

So off a 4x4 and 3x3 you’re still pulling 140 pints of water out day?! What percentage RH you set too

you will need a drain or to drain it. i can get 5gal a day from my envoirnment. yes each of the 70pt i have draw about 650w and depending at the stage of growth can run without turning off.

2 Likes

that all depends on stage of growth. i can run no dehu the first 2 weeks of flower and all veg. then i have to start lowering it every week or 2. and i have to dry with a dehu also(lost more than enough).
edit: average RH in my area is about 100% hahaha. maybe closer to 90%, i live about 1 mile from the ocean.

3 Likes

So how am I struggling so bad at 64RH in my lung room to maintain 60-65 during veg. My 5x5 has a 600w, 9 plants and running an ax infinity t8 fan on setting 4z no intake fan on floor just two open vents…

My 4x4 same light 6 plants t6 setting 4 I’m at 70f and 66rh…

I leave for vacation tomorrow and am a bit worried. Lights out in at 80RH . I’m in veg so not as concerned as no flowers yet but that’s still high. Don’t want to come home to my entire garden gone… but clearly I can’t plop in my 95oz dehumidifier… that’s like 3 pints it will fill and flood tent in an hour….

Thoughts on what I can do? Desperate for ideas! I even tried opening tent door didn’t help much it actually raised it a bit?

I’ve got one rated for a large basement that has a pump in it to just run constantly if need be. Free distilled water, too.

sorry having a bit of trouble understanding.
you have 2 tents in the lung room, 1 4x4 and 1 5x5? one is flowering the other is in veg? light cycles at the same time(except the extra hours for veg)? why run the fans at 4? crank them up , that should level out the humidity in the tent and lung room(more than it is now).

2 Likes

Got a 4x4 and 5x5 both veg right now same light cycles. I’m nkt cranking up fans higher as it feels like tent will implode in….

1 Like

Yeah you will need some high cfm frame kit.( gorilla makes one for their own) not sure if anyone else does(mounts on the tent poles so they need to be the same if using on non gorilla tent)

1 Like

When I get about 45 days into flower I have to run my exhaust in the 4x4 at 8+ to keep humidity in check, and dehu set to 35%

1 Like

My tents are all vivosun tents. Maybe extra crossbars will help? I don’t want to have to buy three new tents. I may see if I can get a dehum w pump put into the lung room. Set it to 40RH and leave tents open and run a 50ft garden hose to my drain by furnace… prob my best bet what ya think

1 Like

As long as the dehu is higher than the drain you should be fine. You may not need to open the tent doors, and will have to play with the dehu setting for your environment.

I’d open so that both tents can feel the effect of the dehu. Putting it in one tent wouldn’t fix both… doors to tents open w it running in king room think May do it

I’ll put it on a shelf

That room is going to get HOT From the dehu, you have to find the sweet spot with the dehu, ac, vpd is key.

1 Like