Best cash back/ rewards CCs?

finally caught up in life and being an adult.

trying to find some hacks to reep some rewards and cash back from credit cards.

I get 5% back in quarterly rewards from home depot (when u spend 50,000+ a year /business ) $1600 this last quarter.

my bmo i got $440 back last month but they put it on my credit card so I have a credit amount. from Amazon purchases MOSTLY.

i use Canadian tire for a designated work card and the rewards on that are shit.

scotia bank offering an ax scene+ rewards now.
mostly local stores n grocery converted to Scene+ from airlines.

I really believe that it’s best to always use a credit card an just pay the posted amount monthly.

I just want to find one that gets the best rewards and use it solely. and working on getting that just one business card. I’ve got personal and business separate but sometimes a few things are mixed up.

anyone got the secret to redeeming the most rewards from ccs? now i don’t mean CC rewards scams lol

moat beneficial ones !!!

so . do you use gas rewards. groceries. cash back? hardware stores?

asking and posting because it’s my community and friends I want to hear from.

night !

2 Likes

Welcome to adulthood! :rofl:
I’m in the US and have a Fidelity 2% rewards card and a citibank 2% rewards card. Aside from the rolling 5% cards, i am not familiar with anything higher than 2%.

2 Likes

I use amazon card for 3% rewards on amazon

Costco card for 4% back on gas and 3% restaurants and travel

Citi double cash back (2%) for everything else.

1 Like

CIBC just took over Capital 1,'s card for Costco, you get 1% on groceries 2% at Costco, 2% for gas and 3% for restaurants, fast food places.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s correct. I just logged into my card (the Costco card is a citi card) and my benefits are

It’s a great card

2 Likes

hahahha thankss ffs 35yo but I made it…I’m here lol better late than never I guess.

I’ll check what my BMO cash back is and get back.
Welcome offer: Get 5% cash back in your first 3 months.1
Get a 0.99% introductory interest rate on Balance Transfers for 9 months, 2% fee applies to balance amounts transferred.8

Then get 3% cash back on grocery purchases, 1% cash back on recurring bill payments and 0.5% unlimited cash back on all other purchases!*
bmo

BMO ELITE

• Welcome Offer: Get up to 10% cash back in your first 3 months and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year.[5]
  • Earn 5% cash back on groceries 4% groceries 3%gas2% reoc bil.payments 1% unlimited cash back lol

hmm Ill see what this is a about if better than current

thx. not at Costco right now.

1 Like

I wasn’t picking on you, i promise. I was in my late 30’s when i started becoming a responsible adult. :rofl:

1 Like

haha - no worries what so ever .

looks like I’ll try and work on that 3% cash back on groceries … and maybe consolidate all my reoccurring bills to one bank account lol

I have Ike 4 bank accounts because when i started my business - I would take personal checks or certified cheques from customers and to avoid holds - I would go directly to they’re branch and they would tell me I had to open an account there if I wanted the funds right way ahahah .so maybe I’m down to 3 banks now.
which is absurd as i have 3 monthly banking fees + a business account.

going to try and hammer all this down in the next few weeks and see which best fits my needs… I really don’t like how Scene+ took over Airmiles at most places.

No mine is cibc, you must be in the US, I am in Canada, we always get less than the US, same with car warranty and other stuff.

1 Like

I mean these cash back cards are like giving yourself an x% raise (after taxes too). It always kinda amazes me that people don’t take the relatively small bit of time to optimize their cards.

Some of the travel ones are great but there can be a lot of hoops to jump through plus constant changing of cards when the teaser runs out.

It upsets me that people with not as great credit scores are locked out of stuff. It’s really a case of the “rich” getting richer while being financed by everyone else who pays interest.

2 Likes