Best led dual spectrum grow lights?

If you’re northwest England you got a decent light builder on your doorstep :wink: definitely like meeting local and not so local growers anyway.

What’s your budget?

4 Likes

@Smokinsammy that’s a great offer mate, i’d go with a local made solstrip lamp over anything commercial. I’ll be going down that route myself when i can afford to. A good passive cooled led solution is my long term aim and i aint seen anything better than solstrips for doing that at a reasonable price.

3 Likes

As long as I make a little smoke and enough cash to make another light I’m happy. I’ve asked Baudelaire about a bulk order if I can distribute strips in the U.K. then I’m going to. I still rate cobs highly as a bloom booster. Not great for veg but strips and cobs are the way to get right through

In my humblest of opinions

4 Likes

I fully respect your opinion, and I am gonna have to build a cob light of similar wattage so I can “compare” the great debate of cobs vs strips lol.

I think the strips are gonna still win in my testing simply due to the fact there are way more points of origin.

3 Likes

And I fully respect your opinion as well as growing technique. I personally think the level of concentrated red light if directed on top of your colas will certainly aid in bulking up flowers. I haven’t used either yet myself but I have seen what my last cob build did over a bodhi space monkey and it was quite impressive. This time I’m seeing what my light does myself over the 3 germed ssdd. Still got a helmet the runt (calling it shell shock) but they’re definitely all up. I am going to use coco in ordinary pots until rootbound. Then using the net pots in oxypots.

1 Like

Probably about £70 and it would need to fit comfortably in my 2f x 2f x 5f grow tent but it all depends on were in the northwest u r

I have literally one suggestion for a £70 budget. That’s a 400w hps and ballast for your size room. Anything close to decent led to light that with drivers etc is gonna set you back £250+

There’s close to a grand in my light including the £180 that’s on its way to Baudelaire for another 6 solstrips

Greater Manchester is as detailed as I’m getting lol

Edit. I actually saved a bit due to a hookup on shipping and stuff but will have to pay duty this end when they land and go and collect them from the p.o

6 Likes

If you’re local and can travel I have a 400/600w switching magnetic ballast. 600w hps. And a cool tube. You collect it you have it and reinvest your money elsewhere or save it and chip away at building a good rig over time

6 Likes

If you could, take Cola’s offer of the HPS then you could put your money into ventilation… do NOT buy £70 of LED you will most certainly be disappointed.

Very generous mate. you must be confident in your new build :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have every faith in my work Pedro bro. The last light I built is still running and running well. I even sold that to an electrician who said he didn’t think he could do better (not gonna lie that was a good feeling)

The hps. Cool tube and ballast are sorting redundant so if I can help pay some of that OG kindness forward why not

5 Likes

you don’t want to get a LED fixture from amazon majority of them are crap. your best bet would definitely get an HPS for the time being until you have a better budget.

you could likely get a single 304pc PCB and a driver for ~120gbp which would give you 150w, would be OK for your space. dimmable so good for veg and flower.

4 Likes