Best medium to root clones in

docdseeds@gmail.com

He super polite, has great CS and great offerings.

And the prerelease packs are only 30 bucks and fire as all fuck.

3 Likes

Wow @Grohio those are really nice roots in definatly gonna have to try those

I always use a clear beer cup full of the same soil I will be using to veg. Cut the stem at 45 deg and remove bottom leaves. Lightly scrape the stem with a razor blade. Very lightly. Then stick it in some root powder. Cheap Walmart stuff. Then make a hole as deep as you need with a pencil. Pushed the clone in and lightly push the soil around the stem. Spray with plain water and cover with a Ziploc. 2 weeks later should have roots showing in the clear beer cup.

1 Like

I think it depends on the person, some methods work better for some than othersā€¦

5 Likes

The condition / preparation of the mum prior to taking cuts is the biggest factor in rootin clones successfully : )

3 Likes

I agree 100

2 Likes

What do you all do to prep the mom I just pick plants that show the traits I like and are healthy and havenā€™t been recently fertilized

1 Like

Also taking cuttings lower on the plant seem to have more auxin in them promoting the cuttings to root faster, ive found.

2 Likes

@Metz2
Mums should be being fed 1/1/1 in total ( a nice balanced feed ) , so as not to load up leafs with too much n
5 days to One week befor taking cuts , we feed bloom feed a total npk ratio of 1/2/2
This will help load up the plant with p and k
P for rooting and k for plant health
So when the cuts are taken they themselves too are loaded in p and k and not overloaded with n

If the mum is full of n , cuts will be too and happy to just sit there and not fire roots as they have plenty n in leafs to feed off , weeks will pass and cuts will slowly be depleted of p and k by then and clones will be in very bad shape and will take even more time to recover if they manage to even fire roots at all

N is easily stored in plant , p and k not as much , so prep of mums makes a big difference , in speed of clones rooting and their general Heath there after

hope this helps : )

4 Likes

Iā€™m sure it will thanks

2 Likes

@ifish Thank you very much for this information!!

1 Like

Itā€™s a pleasure @joker , weā€™re all in this togeather : )

1 Like

Iā€™ve rooted in many mediums. Rock wool, root riot cubes, oxy cloner, peat/coco/perlite, soil, plain cups of water, they all work as long as you are mindful of different factors and give em what they want. Iā€™ve had cuttings root in a cup of water that I forgot about in the basement for a few days and when Iā€™m trimming plants sometimes I just take the cuttings and shove em in the soil for fun with another plant and watch em root and grow. Grew a plant last year because of that which produced a total .5 g :joy: