Best medium to root clones in

Does anyone have experience using either of these to root clones in usually use jiffy pellets but ran out thought I might try something new any tips appreciated

1 Like

This is what I use. Convenient. Once u make it u always got water

6 Likes

In the process of making an aero cloner just don’t have it done yet need the air pump then it’s a go

1 Like

Cheapo aero cloner bromigos…

Building a Cheapo-Aero cloning tub

4 Likes

I bought a seed starter kit from Burpee that comes with coco plugs and I bought an extra brick when those run out.

But last time I mixed the coco with some promix and I like that better.

Oh, you’re asking about clones… I use Root Riot plugs atm, cause they were a little cheaper. I soak them in a mix I make first that has myco and humic acid and trace elements. Then put that tray on a heat mat and dome. Not my favorite thing but my cloning success has been pretty steady for a while now. I use cloning powder instead of gel.

I made an aero cloner and it works but I need another airstone. It took longer than the tray last time I used it. The tray and dome were twice as fast and with really nice roots.

I just need to get my mist spread out better.

5 Likes

Never seen root riot plugs I’ll have to look them up

I have used lots. aero cloners, high pressure cloners, rockwool, soil, coco, they all work great but try to keep it simple now.
If its just a few for myself then i just stick the cutting in some promix and and put a bag over the pot and forget about it for a few weeks and the are good to go. if its spring and putting out a bunch ill use rockwool. The cloners work good but I just always found it a hassle having to make space for it in the grow tent.

2 Likes

I have also tested rooting hormones and again found the the cheap ones are just as good as the most expensive ones.

4 Likes

Any moist media will do. You can just cut and place into regular potting soil and most will root. I use perlite or rockwool cubes. Rockwool cubes are especially convenient.

3 Likes

I go straight into a seedling pot of coco with clones as hormone and roots excel to water in , no lids or bags just a heat mat , takes a bit longer but I wanted to see how lazy I could get and the result is very lazy lol.

1 Like

Ive always used rapid rooters from general hydroponics.

I am with allot of those guys. Water is the best. No need for anything else.

Rapid Rooters soaked in tap water. Sterilized cutting utensil when snipping. 7 days later.

9 Likes

Nice roots @Grohio : )

2 Likes

Thanks…

2 Likes

@ifish one day after that photo.

3 Likes

Great power , they goin deep : )
@Grohio

1 Like

Its a @Doc.D Outer Limits. Vegged super slow but roots quick and hard.

Is there a link to doc d , there a list handy ? @Grohio , he might have something I like and neeeeeeeed lol
: )

He sends out a email first of every month with his available packs. Let me get his email for ya. Just email him and ask to be on the list.

1 Like