Best method for a small 2x2 to 3x3 tent?

Hi guys, I was a long time lurker on OG 1.0 and I just want to thank you all for everything I learned there and for providing this community now. You all are awesome!

Now, I am in the process of sourcing stuff for a new grow in a 2x4 ft or possibly 2.5x2.5 ft by ~63 in tall tent, with one of @Baudelaire 's SolSheets. I am trying to decide on the best options as far as method of grow. I am currently leaning toward 4 plants in 3 gal smart pots w/ coco and perlite and either hand watering or setting up a drip system of some kind. Any recommendations on maximizing yield? Should I stick with this or can anyone recommend a different method?

8 Likes

Welcome @KingGhidora! I think you should stick with what is comfortable while you get your feet back under you. Have fun! :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome bro. If you want check out my diary. I use a 240w SOLstrip setup in my growlab 80, which is 2.5x2.5. It works perfect. My other tent is a growlab 100 (39"x39") with a 16 Cob array.

Do you plan on using bottled nutes, LOS, or super soil?

4 Likes

Awesome, I’ll check it out now. I was thinking bottled nutes w/ a drip system or maybe just hand watered, with the plants in smart pots with coco/perlite 70/30 mix. Any suggestions on brand? I’m trying to keep it fairly simple.

3 Likes

Lots of people been having real good luck with Megacrop by Greenleaf Nutrients. It’s a 1 part all inclusive, i’d still occasionally use a cal+mag supplement since you’re using coco.

Megacrop is a forum sponser too, get a free 630g bag to try just pay shipping!

5 Likes

Personally I use LOS with pro-mix as a base. Me and coco have issues with each other lol. I was hand watering but I recently just set up some blumat drippers and they seem to be working awesome. As far as bottled nutes I’ve seen nothing but great results with megacrop, you should check it out.

3 Likes

Hmmm I have been seeing Megacrop pop up in a lot of threads I’ve been reading as well as the CalMag. I may just have to give it a try. How much Megacrop do you think is needed for 4 3 gal smart pots in coco/perlite for the full grow?

1 Like

Yeah I saw where you mentioned it in your grow diary… do you think it was due to not washing the coco thoroughly?

1 Like

Once I have all the equipment, etc… sourced I’ll be starting a grow journal on here. I’m super excited… the only thing I wish I had some better genetics - currently just working with some decent bag seed. But I think it will turn out good.

3 Likes

I made it through an entire grow of 4 plants with just the one 230g sample pack they do on other sites. So 630g will last you a LONG time.

It’s worth every penny.

3 Likes

That’s was my thinking. I may not have used enough oyster shell powder either. I’m 100% sure the fault lies entirely on me lol.

There’s quite a few breeders on here you can order directly from. @legalcanada also is a reliable seedbank guy. @Swampthing is also a great US supplier.

3 Likes

My sample has been ordered :grin:

1 Like

First if all Awesome avatar and screen name!
The only negative in bagseed is not knowing, but after the first grow, it’s just as good.
I’m on the fence between the sol sheets or doing another anjeet upgrade for my #2 tent so i’d love to tag along and watch!

1 Like

Thanks! I am super excited. The Sol Sheets and Samsung’s LM561C look awesome and I can’t wait to see how they perform.

3 Likes

Keep reading Overgrow.com.

4 Likes

hi King, glad you are interested!

You can calculate how much you need using the Feeding Calculator
https://greenleafnutrients.com/feeding-chart/

So if you were using about 100 Gallons over the lifetime of your plant watering, then you would need about 500grams of Mega Crop, so the promo free sample should definitely be enough !

1 Like

What did I miss? Lol

1 Like

Hey kg nice to see ur grow will be up soon will be watching but if I remember right you were showing pics of ur plants on discord but could be wrong keep up the good work

Yes, it is up! My post on this thread is from March :smiley:. Check me out…