Best Strains for Novice Growers

I have a few beans to choose from… are any strains easier than others for first time Growers? Any recommendations?

2 Likes

easier strains would be things that stay short, finish fast and don’t have super tight buds. I would recommend you trying out some stuff from dna genetics or reserve privada (same company)

4 Likes

Awesome…

you can search the strains by breeder and it will tell you flowering times, heights, yields etc. critical mass can be susceptible to disease so maybe avoid that

2 Likes

I would recommend sticking with established breeders and read what they recommend. You have a lot to choose from so separate what sounds good and then read on seedfinder or some other site about them.
I think MTG and Bodhi have some easy strains to grow but they are made a few hours from me. They are bred in my local environment so i think they have a better chance of growing well here. TGA i have had good luck with as well as Fleur du Mal lately.

2 Likes

You pretty much have every strain ever made. Grow a few at one time and see which one caters to your style better.

2 Likes

Yes!.. perhaps a controlled experiment :-)… Would be interesting

I know I would fuck something up though… If I had like 10. different strains and they all needed to have different care :frowning:

1 Like

Just remember if it isn’t fun you are doing something wrong. Keep it simple and know why you are doing what you do. :grin:

4 Likes

they will all need the same care just a little extra bending on the taller ones:)

2 Likes

If you’re not fucking something up, you’re probably not learning.

6 Likes

Advice so far… Have to have fun… And have to fuck something up… …love it!

3 Likes

i selected for fast flowering with high yield and high thc content with no regard for difficulty myself.

“just do it”

5 Likes

Your northern lights would be a first choice for simplicity and pretty easy to grow…very forgiving and suitable to learn from…and suitable to tinker with techniques…m

2 Likes

I was going to suggest Northern Lights as well. A good solid strain for starting.

1 Like

The hardest part of growing is following directions.

1 Like

and knowing who’s directions to follow…

3 Likes

Listen to the plant, ignore most people.

2 Likes

Well in that case i am learning a whole lot… HAHAHA!

1 Like

I think Skunk #1 has it all. Easy, Strong and balanced high, yeld great.
Sometimes people forget how good this thing is. Ive tried both Dutch Passion and Sensi. Great plants imho.
Well, perhaps my nickname says something :wink:

5 Likes