Help me with the right strain

I am totally new to this.
I am growing in a small “cabinet”, an old phototron (yea, I know, people dont like phototrons. I am going to see how it goes).
From what I have read, Indica is better for a small growing space.
I intend to use the pot into edibles.
Thanks

7 Likes

Something like this?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Damn, that looks like a great call! Thanks

1 Like

I think @PhilCuisine is your man for the Phototron

4 Likes

You came to the right place, OG is awesome .
That Phototron be good to start on for now and will make you want to go bigger for sure.
Afghani, Bubba Kush , cookies all a good start. Good luck.

5 Likes

I’ve never grown any autos or fems in my Phototrons…1 question about autos, Can you force them to flower just like regular seeds? The reason I ask is because the Phototrons have limited height. Do autos flower when they get a certain height or maturity? In small Phototrons I think the max height is 24" this is during 12/12 after the stretch is done. Not quite sure but the big Phototrons is 36" max height. This plant was grown in 1 big Phototron and I got a little over 3.5 oz.

5 Likes

Yep I been watching him looking good in a phototron my lil bro used one in the 80s he grew so wiked pissah weed in that thing

Peace and stay safe

1 Like

I think you would be ok with 36 inches and an auto

Peace and stay safe

1 Like

@Zubenal has a small P-tron 24" max will an auto work? Can you force flower an auto at 6.5"-7" tall?

1 Like

You might be able to I’ve had WW autos flower at about 10 12 inches and finish in like 12 weeks

Peace and stay safe

Why not train the auto to spread out more? I can’t think of who it is that started it but there is an auto training 101 thread floating around in here if you search it. Doing things like bending and staking to help get more are used during the time before flower just Taking care not to stress or top it. Not working with a box that small but have played around with smaller size boxes before.

1 Like

So I take it that your WW auto was over 30" tall at the time of harvest. That will work for the big Phototrons but I doubt it will work for the smaller Phototrons… @Zubenal it’s up to you your Phototrons max height is 24"…Ideally you should flip your lights when your plant get 6.5"-7" because you have a smaller version of the Phototron.

I read up on this technique. I even bought the pipe cleaners to do it.

2 Likes

I have done that with my grows…this is @Zubenal first grow in 30yrs and I hate to make it more complicated for him because I want him to succeed with his Phototron grow. @Zubenal if you want to read up on auto training 101 be my guess bromigo.

2 Likes

Any suggestions on the strain I should consider?
Again, I am just doing this for a hobby, so I am happy to experiment, figure it out.

There’s alot of guys who micro grow on here, @Mr.Sparkle has a couple of great threads to check out as well, there’s also a photoron thread that has been active lately too.

2 Likes

That phototron thread is probably me and PhilCuisine!
I am going to search for the micro grow.

3 Likes

Makes sense, I’m not trying to overcomplicate things just saying there is info out there on it if wanted/needed.

1 Like

More than likely, I can’t remember offhand but I’m sure your right( just did a dab a bit ago and it hit a little harder than expected haha)

1 Like

Well now that you have a plan, you have to ask yourself what kind of highness do you prefer? Energetic or narcotic? You can grow any strain now because now you have a plan on training your plant…

3 Likes