Best way to quick dry some buds

It does effect the flavour yes but once dried enough just give a little bit extra curing time and the flavour and smell does eventually come back. I only use this method if I have various strains growing at the same time that don’t finish at the same time as my tent is also my drying room.

2 Likes

Exactly my situation! :grinning: I have a critical kush coming down by Sunday, and a liberty haze that needs at least another 2 weeks. That’s why I was going to use the box untill I read your post saying it might mess up the smell lol! But you made me feel better when you said to just leave it in the jar a little longer and the smell will come back, so I think I’ll use the box, because I really don’t have a choice anyway! :smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm, I thought about this. Anybody ever try it?

Small freeze dryers for home cost around 2K$, and it’s the option i will take a day because i’ve twos left hands ^^ The result is just impressive and very fast, not avoiding the curing process in the same move. The result is very hard to reach with a classic air cure + curing heavenly done. The bud is near intact, solid, make foam in the grinder but the taste is the best side of this technic. You get scents in nasal and palate than you spot in the crop when they are alive and finishing, i was very impressed. But it’s more an expensive quest for the top grade bud than really a nice trick to save your hungry lungs in urgency ^^

Food dehydrator suggested by ER1X0R sound interresting to try with what i’ve read on it this night lol It’s relativly cheap. Specially for the case involved in the subject : urgency. The problematic i see at first is the temps used (close to 90°c/100°c for most), pretty agressive. I generally never hit more than 40°c for a fast drying. Maybe the regulation of temps can be hacked in cheating the electronics, then be lowered enough to help hungry stoners sometimes. Can be interesting for me because it’s fully automated and a guarantee of constancy each time, to test fast the stats of some clones when i need to do a difficult choice. It’s a suggestion i will digg anyway.

2 Likes

fwiw, the way i balance need/weed in these situations is to accept that it’ll just get better until it’s almost good by the time i’ve burned through it and am waiting on the next big one. :wink:

in other words, rush the minimum amt you’ll need, try treat at least some properly & treat yourself a bit before it’s all gone.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

i put some on tinfoil in the oven on lowest (120* or so) and the door left open a crack, buds broken down to smaller parts, checked frequently as overdrying is def possible! enjoy

2 Likes

We all do it. WTF? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I smoke my weed faster than I can grow it! By the time I put plants in flower, I’m out of weed! Working on perpetual harvest which I should be able to do with 3 tents! :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Been in that situation many times…In my own method of many years,I find that the Microwave does infact work the best for me…Never go over 10 seconds at anytime,Pull it out,Cool it…Put backn for 10 more sec…About A minute total microwave time but the cooling takes a lil bit longer…Smoking in about 5 min>>>>As all have said,Not good but hey!! We all been there! Also chop up abit before nuking…Works!! Just don’t over dry!,Dont take long and you will figure it out!
Good luck!!

1 Like

That’s way outta my budget! I got to look into the food dehydrator thing a little more. Oleskool got the right idea! Just grow enough so we never run out lol! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

They were only the lower larfy buds. The liberty haze does have at least another 2 weeks to go. The critical kush will get the chop by Sunday. I haven’t tried her yet. I wouldn’t have the heart to quick dry these buds

3 Likes

I wish I could go perpetual. I don’t have the room or the budget, and I’m still fairly paranoid as my state only recently went medical and it’s still illegal to grow yer’ own.

Oh go ahead and knock a bud off. I do it with no ill effects. Slow dry is the answer. But it can be accelerated. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes