hey.. I found out something convienient, you can somewhat sample buds after about 5 days dry time

it tastes like hay, but some retain flavour when the buds are bone dry, works best with really resinous strains, I grew an auto Betty plant and sampled it at 5 days my time (California) and it got me high, I was high for about 5 minutes

im not trying to force you but if you want to try it out its your call!

3 Likes

Yeah brother, this is called a “tester bud”;
other methods include microwaving in short intervals, or in an oven at its lowest setting. A lot of us do it :bear::+1:
Glad you discovered it on your own!:grin:

4 Likes

I have a pizza stone in the oven. I preheat the oven to lowest setting and turn off, and wait till when I turn it back on it reads 150 f ish, then turn oven back off. (Oven is not on when there’s weed in it)

I roll snug in a paper towel and microwave at 10 % power for thirty seconds.

Then I hang it over the pizza stone from the oven rack above it till outer bits are a little crispy/crunchy.

Let cool to room temp.

Repeat at less and less intervals.

The microwave nukes the moisture out of the stem, which rehydrates the flower in the process. The dry heat cycle dries the flower, the microwave pulls moisture from the center

You will always say bye bye to terps of course, but this is the best method I’ve experienced. :woman_shrugging: and I haven’t seen any faster way that doesn’t absolutely destroy your weed lol.

This is an attempt at a combination of two stand alone negatives to make an acceptable positive

6 Likes

There ya go OP!
I’m an oven guy myself, because I don’t have a microwave, and I know Upstate is a microwave-only guy…I imagine there are almost as many methods as there are growers!

2 Likes

I’ve found oven only leaves flowers dusty before the small stems have released moisture,

Microwave only can get out of hand real quick and stays really green tasting

Imho the alternating works the best for me :+1:

Edit, for testers and desperation only tho, lol

2 Likes

I just take a branch off and throw it in the herbs now dryer

3 Likes

Just how many testers do you need? :laughing: I kid

I didn’t click far enough to get to the meat of it, but whats the price tag?

I definitely have fond memories of a particular food dehydrator, but the make and model escapes me. This appears to be purpose driven. :thinking:

3 Likes

They have one for $99 I got a 2nd hand one directly from Scott when they were sold out…pretty good guy

2 Likes

Only 99 doll hairs you say…:thinking:

I also know a pretty good guy named Scott :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I only paid $50 for mine

1 Like

I’m curious how well it works now, I want a cannatrol but that’s never happening at 3000$ :canada: but if this works well and retains moisture/terps 100$ is a far cry from 3Gs

3 Likes

I put fresh buds in a brown paper bag on the dash of the car with the windows rolled up. When you get off work, your car smells and you’ve got a nice bud ready to roast. Just how the good lord intended.

8 Likes

It definitely works i just need more trays the (Grease’s pieces x Tropicanna cookies) x (Cherry west bc) tasted cured straight out of it :joy:

4 Likes

I hang my testers in front of the dehumidifier for a day or 2 after cutting

5 Likes

And there’s the easiest answer!

4 Likes

I done it a lot of ways
Microwave
Oven on 225 f
When i do it and after the quick dry
It still tastes great and gets me high
I know we are close or there.
If it’s hay, it needs more time.

2 Likes

Hellelujah!

4 Likes

Haha I love this! Epic

4 Likes

I found the Air fryer set at the lowest temp to be pretty decent for quick tester nugs,better than microwave anyway

3 Likes

“No not yet officer. Do you have any papers?”

4 Likes