Big Smoke Farms! 2 Year Hemp License (Upstate NY/Burn)

Hi all! i am making this post because I’m in the process of getting my 2 year hemp license and would be open to all the OGers advice on this. I have sent in my FBI fingerprints and am trying to start my legal outdoor grow to mass produce. Currently I’m sitting on 96 acres of land and have grown in Austin TX illegally with a 4x4 and 4x8 all with horticulture heavy duty lighting and did pretty solid, read a bunch of books , did the online studying and found out A LOT. I’m no expert at growing however i do have a buddy with over 20 yrs of grow experience and lots of awesome clones who will be helping with the grow part of things.

This is the area I’ve chosen to grow in. I’ve got everything set up for the actual hemp permit like the business LLC , EIN , fingerprints , ariel view of grow location , actual coordinates to the spot . my address is changed to my farm , can anybody tell me if for the LLC do I still have to pay for osha and all of those things in order to apply for permit ? i am pretty happy with what I’ve got going on and figured I would have to share this with somebody. as you can see from the picture its pretty secure and on a lot of land . another thing i think would be pretty cool is if yall gave me some grow ideas being that i have to grow hemp for the first 2 years . Has anyone ever been profitable and actually found a good distributor for the hemp? I could go on and on to the tooth with everything I’ve got going on at this farm. The big fields all had alfalfa hay growing for horses every year and the fact i get to try and make my dream business with this is very exciting.

14 Likes

Just my observation, NOT a Naysayer, believe me. In recent years, especially right after Classification of Cannabis/Hemp, MANY entered into the Commercial side. Too many, too fast. Supply exceeded demand and many went out of business. Before I would ever put ONE seed in the ground, I would make sure I had a outlet for my crop at a preset price that would cover my initial investment. “Pie in the Sky” is one thing, getting a share of the market is another. To sell to the “big boys”, there’s a lot of testing of your crop that’s required. After you cut your Hemp, you gotta be sure you don’t leave it out drying too long, it will go hot (exceeding the .03% threshold for THC!! There’s a lot to consider. If you venture forward, I wish you continued success, take care, stay safe, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

thank you :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

hey man i also have the seeds with it at exactly .03% and its in ny like required with all the contents of it Trinity Feminized Hemp Seeds - CBD Hemp Seeds | Fortuna Hemp

i also have the testing location thats close to me

im in talkes with a couple cbd shop owners who would 1. either give me their prossesor or 2. buy it directly from me
they are in the proccess of being a legal dispensary but with how laws work here they are required to do certain things and have a shop for so long with cbd i. when i go to reaserch prossesors i cannot find any local or how to even inquire about them proccessing my stuff . do you know where i can get info on ny proccessors?

i have a big ole barn girl that im gonna try and dry my product at 55% humiditiy and 68 degrees

Pardon my Manners…forgot to welcome you to the OG. Hope you enjoy your stay, plenty of members with Commercial experience here. They should be able to give some advice, pitfall avoidance tips, etc. Don’t run off, please. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:NOTE: Did it again… :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:WELCOME!! :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

3 Likes

im also thinking long term to get through the 2 years i might have to be non profitable which is okay with me because im trying to make this long term . i got a lot of buddies that are gonna be my farm helpers i can put on payroll

2 Likes

Congratulations on the permit for your farm!! You gotta be stoked :grin:!

Hemps def. profitable…seeds, compost…same ol same ol, ya know.

I wanna point out or rather ask the obvious here. Given that there is actually no THC in a plant(unless combusted) can’t you grow as much cannabis as you want? I mean the law is specific to THC, not thc-a, CBD or anything else.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I’m in upstate NY. Would love to lend a hand depending on location. DM me if ya wanna get specific. Excited for ya brother.

3 Likes

yeah i could grow however much i wanted

1 Like

awesome ill definitly send you a dm

I’m a bit confused about your 2 year statement.
Are you trying to get into the recreational market?
There is no requirement for people applying for a dispensary license to run a cbd shop.

Also upstate ny

@BigSmokeFarmsLLC most ny processors are getting conditional processing license for the recreational use market. New York no longer has a hemp program it’s federal now. You might want to check with them.

2 Likes

the only reason id be doin hemp is to get into the marijuana farming , im not sure on the cbd shop to run a dispo , i know it does help when you go to apply and ive been told if you also have a marijuana conviction it helps , for the adult cannabis coultivator license could you send a link to apply?https://cannabis.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/08/aucc-guidance-8.17.pdf this is all i can find

it also seems like in order to get that license it says ypu need at least 1 person with hemp experiance thats done it 2 years, the window is also closed for it.

You can go to the ocm site and read the requirements from the state.
The hemp was for the conditional license. Cultivar license is closed for 2 years.
The social equity aspect for dispensary are
1- conviction
2- profitably run a business for 2 years. Be able to provide all business documents and operational info on the business.
@BigSmokeFarmsLLC