100 acre plant farm :)

So i have a big task and lots of years of growing ahead of me , and i need the communitys help to get me going … i have aquired 100 acres of land through family and a very nice house sitting on it and i would love to turn it into a growing oppurtunity legally, they used the land for growing hay and other veges. i was going through new yorks websites on how to legally start growing and selling my outdoor weed (have always done indoor) but got lost with all of the stuff they have on it . can anyone help me apply for my licenses and what not (albany new york)

12 Likes

Prob should add the state, had me excited till i seen new York, wrong side of the country for me

2 Likes

Good luck on you’re new venture, be prepared for a lot of never ending work/task…

5 Likes

I can’t help with legal. but if they had it in Alfalfa hay first thing you need is a soil test. If it is still growing. plow it under and really work it up,

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Make half of what you grow a variety of vegetables because the weed prices are gonna plummet in the long run.

Invest in seeds instead of machines.
And always make your own seeds so the genetics adapt to your soil and weather and bugs.

Instead of working the soil, work the seeds.
I’m talking about going out there with wheelbarrows full of seeds.
Don’t waste any resources starting seeds in seedling trays.
If you keep throwing enough seeds at the soil, it’ll take off eventually.
What doesn’t sprout wasn’t worth growing or will sprout later.
Covercrops and variety are your best friends.

Harvest only half, let the rest go to the soil.
This is regenerative agriculture.
Improving soil year after year.
It doesn’t get any easier.
Only sow and harvest.
That’s it.

I’ve elaborated a bit on this method here:
Stacked Pots of Joy . 2022 . The Genesis - #131 by Rogue

Sharing what I have learned.
Do with it as you please!
Feel free to PM me. :+1:

7 Likes

was growing timothy ,orchard , clover and alfapha

4 Likes

Right now ny is issuing temporary license to qualified hemp license. I’m not sure they have guidelines for licensing after that.
It’s definitely intense process with all of ny requirements for every aspect

Good luck.

4 Likes

Growing hemp for CBD extracts is maybe an easier State hurdle for commercial growing.

Even in the tiny state of RI we have several large scale hemp farms running for several years now.

CBD is pretty big business.

Just a thought…

5 Likes

yes as of right now you have to grow hemp for at least 2 years to start growing any thc

2 Likes

In farming the term ‘start small’ applies. You perhaps should keep what you have going and start with maybe an acre of the pot/hemp. Put it close so you can tend it
and watch for poachers.

legally im allowed to use only 1 acre which is 25k ft

One acre is a lot of dope! We have a few way up North nowhere near society, couldn’t even fill it 1/6th of the way up and still had issues with just too much for a couple guys to maintain. Definitely need some ample help. Great Thoughts and good karma headed your way

2 Likes

The conditional cannabis license is only for existing hemp farms that have operated and harvested for the past 2 years.
There is going to be quite a bit of legwork to obtain a license in NY, I’m currently going through it now.

My best advice would be to join the NY cannabis growers and processors association and start networking there, shoot me a DM if you want more info. Or have any questions about the regulations.

3 Likes

1/2 acre - 144 plants - 640 Lbs - 2 Guys
farm1-sm farm2-sm

16 Likes

I have a plan to run a tier 1 mixed 5k sqft indoor and outdoor. It’s designed to be run by one person. With two helpers at harvest.

I’m not sure on NY laws but I do know the MA industry in and out.

5 Likes

*damn jumped the gun, same info above LoL

They’ve only issued 52 grow licenses and i believe they are prioritizing current hemp farmers to have a quicker turnaround with established farms with experience with the plant.

Yeah see here form their site
" To be eligible to apply, the hemp grower must have been authorized to grow hemp under the Department of Agriculture and Markets Industrial Hemp Research Pilot Program and meet certain other requirements."
You also must have already applied for the hemp program before Jan '22

“To be eligible to apply, an entity must have applied for a Cannabinoid Hemp Processor License before January 1, 2022, and hold an approved license issued by the Office of Cannabis Management”

You’d be better off applying for hemp now and be ready for next time they do applications in 2023

They discontinued the hemp program in NY I’m pretty sure. Out of about 750 hemp license only about 250 were eligible for the conditional license.

1 Like

I have a question about your farm. Did you do an auto planting first followed by a photo planting after?

2 Likes

Only Photos, Started inside in april, placed outside on June 1st. after sexing

4 Likes

Thank you for your response. I was curious

2 Likes