Black Lotus by Bodhi Co-Op Preservation seed run

Wow, there’s some pretty colours in those pics! Very nice :metal:

6 Likes

Here’s a quick and dirty update. They’re looking real nice in the week since getting the strip’n’flip, lots of new growth as expected. Just gave them some teas, Buddha grow, and another top dress of Pride Lands to make sure they’re not gonna get hungry until showing sex. But so far so good under the big light!

43 Likes

some sturdy looking stalks there! :muscle:

11 Likes

Ha yea and then look at those little trees in the top right corner :open_mouth: different strain I suppose? But impressive. Thats why I like to veg relatively long, makes a strong and sturdy frame

7 Likes

Trees , some thick legs those Babies have for sure

10 Likes

Thanks! The big ones in back a couple Headband x Chem91s from CSI that are about 4-5 weeks in flower(gotta check my notes lol). I loved HB so much when I was young going to bay area dispos in like 2010, and its one I never got as a clone. So Im hoping to find something similar in seed form. So far one looks all Chem91, and the other is more Diesel-y looking with bigger colas and a lot more jump post 12/12

13 Likes

They are all looking really nice in there :muscle:

I can’t wait to see how they come out. Hopefully you get one that comes out like that HB
It might look like Chem, but might have the high you liked from the HB

Ive never had the chance to try HB, but I always hear that people love it.

6 Likes

Thanks! Heres a better shot of them. My scheme is I love 91 and HB both a lot, so no matter how they come out, I should enjoy it. HB leaner in back, 91 learner in front.

HB has kinda been my white whale the last few years. When I was young going to bay area dispos, it was one of the few strains that really helped me a ton(I was recovering from neurosurgery and in a wheelchair and all that junk). So Im hoping to refind that magic I remember! But I always try to keep a healthy skepticism lol.

35 Likes

Got some good news and not so great news on this update. Sadly 6 out of 7 of the Black Lotus plants turned out to be male(just my luck lol). But luckily there is a decent female, and it seems to be a late flowering one, which could end up being a silver lining! I am interested to see how long of a flower time it will be. At this point its looking like it could very well pass 10 weeks, which is right about how long Snow Lotus pure takes for me. 73-74 days seems to always be the sweet spot.

As soon as the female was showing pistils, I potted it up into a 5 gallon with some soil I had preammended and ready. It is doing well, and I for sure plan to baby it through life. As for all the dudes, I cut them way back. Quickly cutting most of the side branches to leave a good 4 or so tops each. Letting them go as big as they were would be an insane amount of pollen, and at this point I plan to try to get as much of a nice pollen mix as possible. As well as it will keep them happier in the 1 gallon pots, since I don’t plan to pot them up at this point.

47 Likes

6/7 were males?? That’s rough

7 Likes

Always a bummer when the odds dont come out in your favor like that, but atleast there IS a female! and at this rate you should have a nice bit of pollen mix for another project too!

8 Likes

Unreal!!! What are the fricken odds for that!!! Sorry about that bad luck. Hopefully it will turn around and be smooth sailing from here on out.

7 Likes

Are you gonna select one best male; best terps, structure, etc?

1 Like

Just have a massive pollen storm on that one female!!!

10 Likes

For this seed run, it was approved by the Co-op Group as an open-pollination. So the 6 male’s pollen mixed and used w the 1 female plant. For greatest gene diversity possible.

But BackyardB is more than welcome to save and use separate BL male’s pollen in other projects if he sees fit.

I found an example photo of what @BackyardBoogie420 will be facing.

15 Likes

Are you gonna collect the pollen, stir it, and then dust em to ensure the first male to drop pollen doesn’t hit em all?

2 Likes

Thanks So Much @BackyardBoogie420. You the man Fine mess we got into preservation Bodhi Black Lotus very nice the best coloration, I bet
You really dedicated growers ,God bless ogers…
Nice working together @BudWhisperer @yardgrazer @willie , Now thats truly a joint venture
OVERGROW THE WORLD WITH KILLER GENES KILLER SMOKE amen…

5 Likes

Yes this is the best way.

13 Likes

Aww, damn!
DoubleD and the DreadyPigeon put a curse on you! Seriously though, theirs weren’t that bad.
:joy:
@DougDawson and @Pigeonman

You could always collect from each stud and self pollinate multiple sites on the female. This would help keep a bit of the genetic diversity, won’t it? :thinking:

Still some good lookin plants though.
You’re doing something right!
:wink:

12 Likes

Yesss

Very accurate lol

:muscle:Im just super honored to be able to be a part of it!

11 Likes