Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Jungle Spice - Give Away Has Ended

Here we are again OG family​:+1::+1:
Jungle Spice is the Bodhi strain
@lefthandseeds your my breeder & donor.

We thank you for giving up your time, effort, and those hard earned seeds for this project to be accomplished, this is the start of it all!

:warning::loud_sound:How this works is :loud_sound::warning:
Donor sends seeds to breeder OR breeder has the seeds already for the project
Breeder grows the plants and documents it in the assigned thread
Those interested puts their name on the list for the breeder and distributor to go off of (How many packs needed)
Receiver ensures their safe address is on file through pm
Breeder harvests the seeds, dries them out and sends them to each distributor
Distributor reaches out to everyone in their area to arrange postage and delivery
Distributor sends out the seeds and gives receiver an estimated delivery date if they can
Distributor moves the members name from wait list to shipped list
Receivers inform seeds received

Current Request List:

:envelope_with_arrow: Address on file :envelope_with_arrow:
Canada: Shadey
Latin America: MadScientist
UK/EU: Gaz29
US and everywhere else: MomOnTheRun

Badfishy1
beacher
Bongedtobits
ConwayFarms
Craigson15
dgtxxx
Fewding
Gardentroll
Gaz29
Gman
jcfougere
Johnnybsmokin
KronicKuz
legalcanada
MadScientist
MikeM
mistichaze
Mongobongo
Morgwar
Neogitus
OrganicGorilla
Pakore
pookie123
ShiskaberrySavior

Sunvalley
tacoavenger17
TheJanitor
TinyTuttle
toastyjakes
Trichomelab
Trich_house
ukpollenchucker
V4vendetta
werbas

ADD/SEND LIST
:seedling::seedling::seedling:Please Pm Address to Sebring or your distributor :seedling::seedling::seedling:

Canada: Craigson15

:clipboard: If you have, put your name in bold above :clipboard:
Canada: Craigson15

:clipboard: If you have not, put your name below :clipboard:

50state
Baltimore
gordongecko
Hoodini
MBVapester

:heavy_check_mark: Shipped :heavy_check_mark:
BubbaRay
Burnso
cannabissequoia
cannacrab
danonly
DanzaKuduro
Dr_Jekyll
Fortheloveofbud
goatrock
goodgrace
growhard
Hashtree
hewhocorruptz
Howard.Crane
I_thewindcries
Jamescoldflame
JaxxMunster
Jjm
khaoohs
lonnieboy28
Meesh
MidwestMover
MomOnTheRun
MudDragon
Niburan
Northern_Loki
Olbrannon
oleskool830
OtisCampbell
PedroBan
Phatlewtz
randrobertson522
reallifegrows
riahgorf_1
schmarmpit
Sebring
SteppinIntoTheLight
Thaweedguy
thenasty1
Tommy_McCain
Whadop
Worcestershire_Farms
zephyr
Zion

34 Likes

Thanks for setting this up! I love this strain. I think y’all are gonna love it too.

Timeline Update: This strain will be a little bit extended. My tent will be occupied for a large pollen chuck with a yeti male against 4-5 other strains (I’m happy to share seeds from that run as well). So I’ll kick this off probably sometime around January.

If anyone is itching to get this in their hands sooner and do the F2 breeding work, my offer stands to be the donor.

Update 9/28/18
I’m going to start these seeds in 2-3 weeks. I’m bumping this up as my next grow. I have 9 Jungle Spice seeds. I’ll germinate all of them, and open pollenate all, unless a few stand out as being worse than others.

Bonus: I’m planning to run 2 more strains in my mini tent from some extra random seeds I’ve acquired. I’ll keep one (best) female from each and cross it to the best Jungle Spice male. To go along with the Jungle Spice F2s. Get free seeds with every order of free seeds! Vote below!

• White Widow
  • Tajikistan Hash Plant
  • Black Domina
  • OG Glue
  • Afghani (with Menthol phenos)

0 voters

17 Likes

That could produce a lot of variation in F2 form… right?

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Usually on F2 we can have the highest expression of all the phenos.

5 Likes

I started to run the numbers on the possible variability of a 4 male to 4 female cross, with each having a moderate variation in their “88 G13 x HP” gene donor and a very small variation in their “Congo Landrace” gene donor. For a “Congo Landrace x (88 G13 x HP)” crossed to “Congo Landrace x (88 G13 x HP)” you’d get up to 8 distinct phenotypes for 3 traits, except we’re usually looking at half a dozen or more traits. Also, each parent will be slightly different, which means you could get seeds with 8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8=128 different phenotypes. As traits you’re selecting for are added the numbers get exponentially higher.

I believe that a better approach is to look at the solution from a larger view, because the raw numbers get so big. What will occur with a cross like this is a pooling of phenotypes as shown below.

F3 filial crosses will have have a similar variability range to the F1 cross, and F4+ filial crosses will have less and less variability.

21 Likes

F2 will definitely have more variation. I think it really depends on what we’re trying to do here. I could put more work into BX’ing off the pheno that I like the best, but then I feel like I’m really just giving out only one aspect of the strain (that suits my personal taste). At that point, I would be doing breeding for you instead of just crossing.

IMO If I were on the receiving end of the seeds, I’d want to get the F2s. I have a very piney, uplifting and clear headed pheno in this F1 set that I like. If I have some F2s, I can do a little hunting for it. If I have BX, then if the breeder didn’t select my pheno, I probably won’t be seeing it again. My goal would be to F3 or mother the pheno I like from the F2 population.

We can’t hardly make F1s true to Bodhi’s strains, so as I see it, them’s the only options.

20 Likes

:clap: Very nice/beautiful :nerd: write up. :slight_smile: Thanks.

@lefthandseeds I LOOOVE piney strains and they seem to be uncommon, IMO.

10 Likes

Then you’ll want in on this one!

I think I might bump this one up in my projects, and do it next. I’ll update soon, but I might go ahead and get this started in 3-4 weeks.

10 Likes

I’m getting close to starting seeds. I’m just waiting a few more days before throwing the beans in some water. I counted 9 seeds left. I don’t have original packaging to show… didn’t expect to be doing this! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking about running 2 strains in my mini tent, and passing those along as well as bonus seeds. I have some freebies and random seeds I’ve acquired I’d like to put to use. Only caveat is that my small tent is short, so I’m thinking indica leaners.

If you’re interested, put in a vote! Here’s what I’m considering:
White Widow
Black Domina
Tajikistan Hash Plant
OG Glue
Afghani Kush (which could be interesting, because the last one I grew smelled a lot like menthol, which would be wild with the piney pheno of JS)

17 Likes

black domina and white widow… get the Michael Jackson cross going :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Tajikistan or this menthol afghan!

3 Likes

exactly what I was going to say, I’m always interested in heirlooms. The tajjikistan hashplant sounds particularly interesting.

5 Likes

I added a poll above! Pick your faves, and I’ll run two of them in my other tent and pollinate with the best Jungle Spice male.

4 Likes

The refreshing and uplifting nature of menthol pine terps mixed with a body tingling sensation from the earthy hashy terps is just to much to pass up. I only hope we get a melding of terps!

8 Likes

Yes and Yes. :smile: They’re all interesting to me 'cept the OG Glue.

2 Likes

I have always wanted black domina… fast flowering indica… it was the first strain i ever tried growing ~10 years ago and it was a bust :frowning:

7 Likes

3/6 flowering plants chopped downstairs. Tent is starting to open up, so I’ll be sprouting seeds soon!

7 Likes

Do i even need to say it…

Naaaahhh!! You all know it! I AM DOWN FOR THIS!

Sci :robot:

8 Likes

Update! I’ve chopped all of my current running plants, and they’re drying in the tents. I’ll be going live with this in 10-14 days. Stay tuned!

11 Likes

12 Likes