Black Snow: The Grow Show

Happy Birthday @anonymous4289 !
Have a great day. :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

2 Likes

ah. thanks guys.

2 Likes

Happy birthday brudda! Once more around the sun!

2 Likes

thank you. nice start to a year so far.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for the offer!! I’m in canada :frowning: don’t really do seeds in the summer too warm for 2 tents . I start them when the outdoor work load ceases .

I will stick around and checkout the results . Again thanks for opportunity maybe next time

2 Likes

Happy Birthday @anonymous4289!

The good

Here’s some pictures of these girls in the shower to follow the up close and personal pictures I recently posted.

What a gorgeous green to show off those big booty fan leaves. Looks like I forgot to tie down some branches but the night is young, plenty of time to put that off another day. The middle and rightmost plants are still quite malleable, but the one on the left is as solid as a tree. Already cracked her down the middle during veg when I had considered training her, though you wouldn’t know it looking at her today.

Speaking of lefty, I think she is getting sick of her 3 gallon living quarters. New growth is looking healthy but the larger and lower fan leaves are showing discoloration. With four weeks of flower already behind us I don’t think this will be an issue for too much longer.

The Bad

Look how beat up these girls are looking. I wasn’t kidding when I said I should look for a fan with varying and lesser degrees of intensity, this one is mutilating anything within a two foot radius.

Even the big beautiful fan leaves are falling victimto such treachery, at least on the sides nearest to the fan. You may also notice I set up a plastic barrier between the pots and the fans as the non-stop high intensity air circulation is very effective at drying out the soil completely.

The Ugly

These cuttings have been sitting in a forgotten solo cup since February. Incidentally they are only remaining descendants of the bushiest plant in the shower.

Despite having taken and rooted dozens of black snow cuttings it seems I have somehow misplaced all of them. The good news from all of this is that there will be more black snow growing across the land than we will ever know. No stopping it either like when the cloned dinosaurs got free in Jurassic Park, and just like Jurassic Park it’s all thanks to some wacky cloning experiments.

After finding these two dehydrated survivors desperately clinging to life in a party cup they were rescued and transplanted into these cool miniature SIP pots that performed so admirably for the girls presently in the shower. I also top dressed with some malted barley powder as I read it reduces transplant shock, and the plants always seem to enjoy such ministrations. I’m sure when I come to remember about them next they will be well on the way to becoming magnificent trees.

Bonus Round

This Black Snow was formerly a member of the backup roster who was neglected and forgotten about in one of the very same miniature SIP pots. I didn’t post too many pictures out of embarrassment but this plant is making a fine comeback.

Not that I’m really so foolish or negligent but I am constrained by the number of pots and the amount of grow space available to me. Still honing my scheduling game.

These pictures showcase my training technique involving little more than a salvaged headphone cord and some discarded pieces of copper station wire. Learned that one from MacGuyver.

The sex of the plant is still to be determined, but I was determined to put some cuttings in water after a bit of topping and pruning.

Well that’s it for now, but the pictures are only going to get better from here.

Kinda funny, it’s @anonymous4289’s birthday but it feels like he was the one who lavished all of us with gifts. Thank you :pray:

:birthday:

11 Likes

thanks man.

oops, you fixed it

1 Like

That is exactly why I rarely post my plants, lol.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday @anonymous4289!!! :grinning::partying_face::crazy_face:

Is there anywhere else in the spare bathroom you can place the fan? A counter next to the sink? Or even slap a piece of plywood on the sink if you can and put the fan there to add some distance.

4 Likes

thanks man.

i myself have to pick up another tower fan for my 5x5, but i don’t think it will be strong enough. they also take up space i could use for another plant. not sure what my options are.

2 Likes

:joy:
You’re something else @lophophora.ca

As I’ve mentioned before… he’s the one who has provided us with a bunch of gifts…
The one on the left is nicely bushy… from the good… :man_farmer: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

3 Likes

@anonymous4289 ; HAPPY BELATED FIREBALL ROTATION SURVIVAL!

@lophophora.ca ; if you remove the base of the tower fan you can hang it horizontally above the plants. I did this on a side wall with a 2x2 that keeps my wall from caving in from negative pressure.

Plants look great!

3 Likes

The good the bad and the ugly, I can probably show the same here.Happy belated birthday @anonymous4289

2 Likes

Happy belated birthday @anonymous4289

Some final pictures before she gets taken down this week. A bit of a lean after moving, but she’s a looker.

14 Likes

Leaning is good that shows she has weight as well as sparkle. Nice job on the grow.

8 Likes

Thanks bud! Supper happy with it. Ticking all the boxes so far for me. The other plant also has been packing on some serious weight and has the super dense flowers. So I feel like black snow is a winner.

Hopefully i can give your OHGA the same treatment!

5 Likes

Looks great! Chunky thing for sure, definitely looks like she has weight to her

4 Likes

Wow great job :clap:

4 Likes

hey @anonymous4289 happy seriously late Birthday man! i hope it was a great day and equally great bday week!!

4 Likes

A few pics from trimming this morning. Super sticky really gums up the scissors. I also tried a sample nug. Not too much flavour yet, quite subdued, but I think it’ll come out more in cure. The high is impressive, very strong head and body. I’ll do a proper report when cured.

19 Likes