Bless This 3 Tent Mess

Pulling up a chair…

How are you applying the power bloom?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I just scatter it over the top. Usually I let my cover crop get overgrown and chop it down after I top dress so it keeps it semi covered.

3 Likes

I was mixing it up in a little soil and topdressing but I can only do that a couple times. I wondered about applying directly and watering…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I used to do this but I overfilled the pot and don’t really have room anymore. After this run I may take a couple gallons out so I have more space.

3 Likes

Every week!? I’ve been doing every 3 weeks as directed on the back of the tub using 3 tbsp for my 3 gallon pots.

I similarly added it to my 15 gallon no-till at 3 tbsp but far less frequently- its not an exact science approach.

Judging by that lush greenery in your photo, you’ve got the application much better figured out.

That’s what I do. Seems we are in good company.

2 Likes

I used to feed once a month but I decided to try it weekly based on some advice
on my old journal. 3 tbsp a week is only 12 a month, which is 1/2 the recommended dose.

2 Likes

Had to move my Marie’s Wings mothers to the taller tent as they grew into the light of this one. The pole Dancers are in here now and are blowing up.

4 Likes

Student loans are finally in so I treated myself to some seeds
~20 malana Banana from 7eastgenetics, the ~20 Palestinian Princess were freebies. I also have some f2 peanut butter breath from kropduster on strainly on the way.

All of the seeds are in some propogation trays, heat mats should be here tomorrow so that should help speed up germination.

F19
Moved my filter and fan outside of the tent and raised the light another 5 inches. I can now run it at full power without raising the canopy temp stupid high. My cheap duct fan does NOT like pushing through the filter (which I expected) so I’ll probably switch everything back but we’ll see.
I also put the Grape Pie x orange gojis in the flower tent so I can sex them.

7 Likes

Some filters work better than others when pushing air through them as well.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I may have missed it, but why do you have the fan pushing through the filter instead of pulling? I was under the impression they’re more efficient that way
Edit: meaning the filter is more efficient, not the fan

1 Like

Definitely is more efficient. Basically I moved the filter, fan, and hose to the outside of the tent for the extra space in the tent but the only way that works is if the fan blows through the filter

1 Like

Ah, I see.
Also I’ve been meaning to give you props for the username/avatar, the first couple seasons of Bojack had me laughing so much! :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

It really is a great show. I relate alot to Vincent so I figured it was a good choice, that and the name usually isnt taken :joy:

2 Likes

Heat mats + propogation trays are a godsend. I have seeds popping in 3 days without soaking.

Took the enormous leaves off of the pole Dancers cause the humidity was getting excessive. Switching to 12/12 for a few days to weed out the males.

Mw2 mom was becoming a bush so I stripped it down a bunch. I put the mw1 plant in a 5 gallon so I can flower it out in this tent at some point.

F22
Spun the pot around and pulled the plants apart with rope ratchets, tried to supercrop the tall afghan but split the stem as I do every time I try supercropping. Patched it up with micropore tape but it’s gonna need a stake to keep it up.
Some plants have a touch of burn on the tips so I’m holding off on top dressing this week. That said overall they look good.

Peanut butter breath f2s are in as well as some Mac crasher freebies from kropduster.

9 Likes

F27
Finally starting to see some buds and a little frost. The big landrace afghan smells like sandalwood and the smaller frostier one smells like brut.
To the far left is an old revegged mw1 clone that I just put in the flower tent cause I don’t want to keep it anymore.

Trophy wife showing the most frost and also a touch of tip burn. Can’t tell if there are pink pistils or if that’s just the red of the light.

9 Likes

Flower tent looking good, no problems so far. Haven’t top dressed in 2 weeks (I think?) because I forgot but they probably don’t need it.

Veg tents are packed to the gills! No plants have shown their sex yet so I’m playing the waiting game. Moved the Palestinian princesses to solo cups, gonna wait on up potting the malana bananas till I get different colored solo cups cause I am not trying to label this many plants.

8 Likes

F32
Still cruising along in the flower tent

Afghan1 is the happiest plant in the bed. The buds smells like Irish spring, stem rub is really sour. This one is just as frosty as the raspberry beret, the picture doesn’t do it justice.

Afghan2 still smelling like sandalwood and not much trichomes, definitely gonna be the biggest producer in the bed. The buds are pretty huge compared to the other plants.

Trophy wife is still the frostiest. Has a sweet fermented fruit kind of smell.

Raspberry berets look nice but not much smell to speak of sadly

All the baby’s have been up potted. I’m overcrowded at this point so I’m hanging a few plants

Agressive defoliation in here to keep the humidity down. I can FINALLY see preflowers starting to form so hopefully I’ll be able to start executing males within the week.

6 Likes

And then there were fewer

Took a test nug of a few plants and I’m very glad I did because I found nanners on the afghan2. Upon further inspection there were enough that I cut it down. Spun the bed around so I can keep a better eye on the remaining plants. Hoping nothing got pollinated cause I’m not loving the smell or trichome production on this one, and I don’t want beans that throw nanners. Not freeing a tent up to dry this one so it’s gonna dry in the tent closet.

The Mw1 in the 5 gallon is the biggest plant in the tent which is exciting but it is reminding me why I don’t flower in small pots, seems like it’s always dry. Obviously the fan being jammed into it isn’t helping but it won’t fit anywhere else.

4 Likes

F35

Trophy wife starting to look crazy

Mw1 is huge, would like to get it into a 7 gallon so I could water a little less but I have no room. Not used to top dressing in these small pots so I’m expecting it to be underfed or overfed.

Threw out a couple of stragglers to free up some floor space.

Still no preflowers formed yet :angry:

6 Likes

The afghan did in fact pollinate the tent so I chopped everything yesterday.

F16. Hoping the mw1 didn’t get pollinated, spread it out with a screen to fill the tent out. Sprayed it down and pointed the fan up to dry it out.

Down to 5 pole Dancers. Once the rest show preflowers I will plant them in the 25 gallon.

Still busy in here, so far everything seems happy.

This is the afghan that pollinated the tent. For 30 days of flower it’s pretty dense but the smell is not one I like at all.

2 Likes