Exploring Sk1 x BP x PT Hybrid

For my second grow I decided to dedicate some time to this lovely hybrid donated to me by @Instg8ter. They’re currently in plastic cups filled with a base soil mix of coco coir, pearlite, and EWC. I soaked them until they all sank (maybe 6hrs) and then direct germinated. 3 days later we have some sprouts- a lot of helmet heads!

Plant A

Plant B

Plant E

Plant F

Plant G

C, D, and H have not sprouted yet- wondering if they maybe are struggling with their shells. Will see next week if they are still struggling I might help them out.

13 Likes

Hahaha I just smoked my last joint of the mother plant with an 8 month cure, much smoother skunk later in cure. At first it was a bit more acrid. The Pineapple Thai should go good with it. These were old stock SK1 x Black Pearl x Pineapple Thai heirloom from 707.

11 Likes

out of likes , will catch you later though/! and will be watching

2 Likes

I read @Instg8ter post after I asked what all was in the cross :grimacing:

2 Likes

His description fits what my nose is telling me on the one I have 70ish days into flower very well. She has the most wonderful pinene smell too her, that carried through to the tester I cut. Acrid definitely, at first I thought one of the cats pissed somewhere. It’s a mind fuck how well the two smells are playing with each other.

2 Likes

How’s that coming along? 70 days should be getting in the sweet spot…
:metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

I looked at them last night, maybe 40-50% cloudy, the rest clear. I grabbed another tester, still drying. She’s stopped throwing pistols now I think, but many are still white.

I may have stunted her at one or more points from my various learning mistakes. The major one I think I have confirmed now is nutrient lockout from alkaline tap water. She was pretty yellow before I fixed it, and that wasn’t until like a month ago. Think it’ll produce anymore or maybe just wrap it up this weekend?

2 Likes

Pineapple Thai may have put a bit of time on if it’s a Sativa leaner, I’d let it go if it’s still taking nutes… the SK1x BP is 75% Sativa I believe so it’s possible if they stalled to go 90

1 Like

Yeah, she’s nice and green on the new growth, much happier now that I stopped poisoning her! Drinks next to nothing though.

1 Like

These days I let my plants eat theme selves from the bottom up, may be some great trip weed early. I would give it a week if she stays green and see if it goes mostly cloudy and take it. That was the first pollen chuck I ever did. The SK1 x BP was from a small gifted collection and came along with a few of the old breeding stock from Black Pearl being Mr. Natural (and Nice maybe). MTF from Alaskan Seeds and a mix I haven’t gotten too that’s supposed to have G-13, Golden Tiger and some other oldies. It also contained a AK x BP (85%S) that was flat out fresh tanned leather. smelled great, very acrid smoke with a decent buz, but the taste was not pleasant to me.

2 Likes

All four are happy and healthy still, not much else to say.

3 Likes

I figured out how to maybe color balance the photos better, we’ll see.

Here we have only three, the smallest of the four slipped as I was examining and uh… it didn’t like the spontaneous repot. In it’s place is a little indica in the mix with a Space Monkey F2 from @Vagabond_Windy . I was going to grow out four and do a log for them but only 1/4 germinated. I’ll have to be more rigorous next go.

This monster clone here was taken off my last Sk1 x BP x PT female, looks like it might actually keep up with the seeds, maybe their vigor will over take it. It’s been rooted for a month or so now and finally got upgraded to a 3 gal pot.

I’m told these people plants stink? I just smell a lovely pine smell. Ok, maybe a little bit of ammonia or unwashed teenage armpit. But the smoke cures just fine, think this will be in my tent for a while.

4 Likes

I’m trying to remember if those Space Monkey F2 were the ones I made? Or the ones I was gifted?
If they were mine, expect them to be a bit difficult to crack, as I was away from my seed collection for 2 years and they weren’t stored like I would.
Good luck

1 Like

2/3 cracked but died after getting the tap root out

1 Like

I just had 4/8 pop and only 1 actually made it so let’s hope we both get females :crossed_fingers:t3::joy:

1 Like

Alright, not much to show, I switched two of the plants around so they were with plants of similar size.

I popped some Sour Diesel S2s and 8 more Space Monkey. I’m officially full until I can flower some of these or it’s finally warm enough outside.

I still have a clone of my first female; and it’s just so damn spindly. I attempted to train it and I think the crotch split. At least she’s still showing true female! Lovely little pistols all around.

5 Likes

Another two weeks goes by… doesn’t seem like I’ve got much growth. Maybe just my mind playing tricks on me.

The three seedlings took well to the pinch I gave the tops. One is filling out wonderfully, but one is shedding all but it’s top two sets of leaves. I’ve watched it drop 2 sets of fan leaves that weren’t shaded. Would low light cause this?

The monster crop is happily taking to LST. I love that she’s covered in the bright white pistols. I can see what she’ll look like in flower a bit.

4 Likes

Everything happy. I topped the seedlings and I don’t know that I should’ve. It seems like they lost a lot of vigor, but maybe they were building roots. The monster clone is doing good. I’m thinking I may take some clones off of her instead of seeds next time I get open space.

3 Likes

They have indeed recovered from the haircut, and everything is well.

5 Likes

I decided to stop calling this “the three way” and just call them Happy Trees. They aren’t trees but they do make me happy.

Monster clone getting a bit of a spread, the vegetation at the tighter nodes across multiples stems was getting crazy.

The next generation

These guys are loving life.

4 Likes