Blueberry Snow

Just make sure Bad Brains don’t knock over the beans…

Following along for the ride mate, I’ll be in the middle of the circle pit

4 Likes

Here are a few more pics just to wet the appetite.

25 Likes

They look amazing so I’ll have to pull up a chair and get hte popcorn out! :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Have no fear we are here and ready

2 Likes

Awesome tuning in here! You probably know, but blueberry varieties do like lower N than normal - otherwise ive found them pretty simple to grow. Ive read snow lotus leaners can be similarly sensitive to N.

4 Likes

I’ve got a grape pie x snow lotus she seems to like the nitrogen fairly high . And another one that’s a bit picky both quite similar in looks and taste . The nitrogen hog is a bigger producer .

4 Likes

Positive vibes to you @khaoohs!

3 Likes

Seems like vigorous bunch!
I’ll be standing in the corner, watching…

5 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words. These plants will thrive on the good vibrations coming from this thread.

13 Likes

Saturday’s update on Monday.

2021-09-25

12 days from germ, 10 in soil. Most of these are getting bigger, but we have a few scrawny stragglers. We’ll see how those do over the next few weeks.
They’re still sitting under a dome, I think I’ve watered the tray twice, maybe 3x, since putting them in soil.

18 Likes

Love the use of rice hulls. They always look so neat and tidy.

7 Likes

I will be keeping an eye on this for sure!

2 Likes

do you guys get rice hulls locally?
i can only find it online 50lbs for $45 iirc.

3 Likes

Check to see if you have a local home brewers supply store, they sell rice hulls as well.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I found organic rice hulls online for pretty affordable shipped - Organic Mechanics brand 2 cu.
Homebrew shop is most definitely a cheaper option, but I don’t think they are organic… I have no clue whether non organic ones are sprayed or w/e so I just went with organic to be sure.

3 Likes

H-H-H-H-H___ High FIVE
thats my max headroom impression.
lucky for me theres quite a few home brew storesin town.

3 Likes

Brewers are pretty particular about their ingredients. They are definitely food grade if nothing else. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Week 3. Gonna pull the runt any day now.
Starting to get roots pushing out the bottom of the bags, they should be ready for an up-potting next week.

15 Likes

Quite a bit of variety in structure already!

2 Likes

Agreed, thought to be clear, the top-right plant is something different, that’s an HSO Blue Dream I found in the fridge.

Here’s a different angle.

11 Likes