Bodhi Crowdsource Round 2

Had some discussion in the Bodhi thread a few weeks back about doing another crowdsource run of some discontinued B strains. I wanted to do something alittle different then just creating F2’s. I have a couple of strains that I have 100+ seeds of that ain’t getting any younger. What I had in mind is to have some volunteers grow a pack each, pick their best female keeper as a round 1 selection winner. Then gather all the keepers from their respective growers and send clones of all the round 1 winners to those same growers to have a round 2 growoff to find the ultimate keeper cut that will be crowned the OG Forum cut of that strain. That cut will then be shared FREELY far and wide! This whole shebang will be handled outside the site sponsored boxes that get distributed several times a year. They do enough for the community without asking them to manage this project. Details up to this point are intentionally vague because I want to gauge interest in this project which has a goal to find the standout cut from a 100+ seed distributed pheno hunt. Time to add another “forum cut” to the cannabis lore history books lol. First thing to work out is what strain people would want to do this project with. So here are the choices:

• Goji OG (B cut) x SSDD 104 Seeds
  • Blueberry Snow (B’s unknown Blueberry Indica x Snow Lotus) 117 Seeds

0 voters

Let the games begin! If you might be interested in being one of the volunteer growers shoot me a DM. We’ll take this one step at a time and workout the details as we get further into the project, if we make it that far that is lol.

61 Likes

Damn this would be pretty rad. I’d be so down if I didn’t just vow to drop 4 different members beans. lol depending on start date. I’d be down to help with this project. Whatever the case pretty cool. I’ll be watching.

13 Likes

Bless this website :pray:

6 Likes

I guess I voted for the wrong one!

10 Likes

Excellent! Glad to see this becoming a reality.
I’m committed for a test grow next, and then I’m running a couple member crosses, and a Bodhi repro in the new year, so I’ll be cheering you all in from the sidelines!

8 Likes

I commit myself to test growth in the Brazilian territory and spread a cut of this here

5 Likes

Oh wow! This could be legendary!

11 Likes

Very interesting project!
I see a problem sending clones far away, how they will survive. I have received seeds overseas in 5 days, but that is a exception.

Anyway, I’m out of free space for now, so I will watch from the fence.

Good luck!

3 Likes

This is the coolest thing I’ve heard of. As a new OG member I am mind blown at the sheer power of the community. I have been treated like a close friend by every member here. I can’t wait to be employed so I can subscribe to the patreon thing ! I have so much to payback for in these two weeks. I just feel like I have to

7 Likes

thats gone be fun for sure!

1 Like

That blueberry snow sounds amazing!

3 Likes

Unfortunately this will be US only, so Over Grow the states lol.

This was the one problem i had with creating OG forum cuts, and not making seeds.
But it’s not like there aren’t enough f2s flying around on here, and there’s always new preservation runs happening.

So I do think it should go ahead (i voted for the Goji x SSDD).
I’m just annoyed at the laws we have to live by, not the members organising this. I wish you all the best, and hope you find something amazing!

:v:

5 Likes

A similarly community driven reproduction that blew my mind when I was a new member. Check it out!

4 Likes

Sounds good.
As SonsofAvery pointed out, no international borders with clones…

Now, what would be really cool would be to cross a male with the grand winner for all of us folks in the peanut gallery:rofl: :+1:
(non US types…)

Cheers
G

10 Likes

The @gpaw Amendment: everyone who grows a pack keeps their best male as a cut; once the winning cut is created, ROUND 2 begins! Now each grower receives the winning cut, and crosses it with their male… all seeds are consolidated for distribution! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

5 Likes

Or reverse the winning cut to make s1 fems

13 Likes

Ding ding ding. Haha

3 Likes

Very cool! Love it. My bodhi collection isn’t getting any younger either . I’ve got repros slotted…. Well forever probably now that I have a dedicated breeding area. But I love seeing all these repros and adages going on constantly. And you definitely can’t go wrong with any of Bodhis work! I actually just blew my own mind when I went and looked at the extent of my Bodhi list. Awesome

3 Likes

Here’s is your winner!!

I second this!

:v:

4 Likes

Don’t know if I qualify, but if you go the s1 route I would like to participate. I wouldn’t feel comfortable shipping clones.

1 Like