Who Wants to F2 some SSSDH?

Look what I found in a jar in the fridge. :slightly_smiling_face:
I pulled out the seeds and put 6 on a wet paper towel for a germination test (this is at approx. 36 hours).
These came from an open pollination on the first run after I got the pack years ago.

I’d LOVE to see someone run these and make some F2s…

So I was thinking about giving them out in packs of 20-25 so people can sift/hunt through them. That would probably get packs to at least 4 or 5 members. And maybe some smaller packs to other members - but remember these are F1s and have a lot of variations. But this would be a chance for the community to pheno hunt through the stash.

Tell me what you guys think.

36 Likes

I say do it man !! The more the merrier :fist::fist::fist::100:

4 Likes

We would love to run em. Find the Pheno and get those F2 in circulation next

3 Likes

Same here!

3 Likes

You have room for 20 more?? :smirk:

3 Likes

EXCELLENT germination ratio!! CONGRATS…stay safe/be well.

2 Likes

Ohh i wish

But

I still have some left if it wont work the first time !
And if they don’t work maybe I’ll send you a pm!!

But i say go for it man… and if you can’t do it yourself there’s alot of good people who can do it in this great community!!

But the best thing is man to do it and just spread the love! We need to overgrow :heart:

9 Likes

That’s what it’s all about. I need people that can do a decent number of plants at once. I don’t know of packs of 5 and 10 will give enough varieties to sift.

I want us to find 1 or 2 good males and hopefully share the pollen, and find 1 or 2 good females to cross with.

8 Likes

I think that is an awesome idea if you found someone that would log the process and explain what and why. This is definitely some stuff I would love to watch and learn, so I can run some of my own projects in the future. Then that gives me the opportunity to teach some others.

Great idea, good stuff. Thanks for bringing it to the table

10 Likes

That’s sort of what I’m hoping for. Sort of a cross country cooperative.
make F2s and then share them. Maybe this is sort of a breeder/donation sort of thing - but the breeder has to agree to post a few photos and share the seeds.
And I’d like to see how practical it is to ship pollen to each other. :thinking:

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure there several people around that can address that. If you can ship seeds, I don’t pollen as being any harder, as long as it is dried properly.

2 Likes

I think it’s a great idea. I’d love to have a few of those to try out. Thanks for the offer man. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

5 Likes

Do we have to run them for preservation?

3 Likes

I have some females that need to get a little dusting. But I also have some pollen coming in about 6 weeks or so that I can share. I mostly want to test how viable it is to ship pollen.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to do whatever you’d like with them. I’m hoping we can get a few people to run some larger batches so we can find some good phenos.

But if someone just wants 10, I’d be willing to do a few of those I guess. I just don’t want to do a 30 piece mailout.

5 Likes

I’d take some just didn’t know when I could run em

3 Likes

Same here. I’d love to run them but can’t for a bit

2 Likes

I guess count me out, didnt realize you wanted to run all 20 at once, but good luck to all!

1 Like

So what does sssdh stead for? I’d love to pheno hunt but don’t have the space to

3 Likes

Super silver sour diesal haze? I could run them. I have sour d so could be a cool cross. Let me know.:facepunch:

6 Likes