Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

The typos are made by Bad Dawg’s brother, who otherwise is a great guy and kindly answers my (possibly annoying) email questions. He runs the “office” side of the business. Payments, shipping etc.

Though misspelled strain names does make it harder to Search on the GLG site. They are otherwise great for seeds. Second only to Headiegardens imho.

17 Likes

Secret chef would be when someone gives you a “pot” brownie w/out telling you.

19 Likes

My records show that I grew four of these Spirit Train F2s last year. They averaged 70 days of flower and a hair over 3oz dried harvest from a 3 gallon fabric pot. I don’t have any of that flower left so I just have to go on memory for the flavor/aroma. The big thing was the fat spears. It makes for an easy trim job and great visual appeal.

SpiritTrain2

42 Likes

Yeah man I remember seeing some of your grow and you got those fuckers fat! I haven’t cracked any f2s myself bc I didn’t find any representative examples of the trainwreck that I remember from ~20 years ago from a clone that was passed around my area. Went to find out later that the clone we all ran came by way of Kansas and apparently wasn’t the Arcata cut that’s more widely known. Who knows. But I’ve not heard anyone describe TW the way that cut was- finicky but yielded if you knew how to grow it. Up front hard lemon pledge pinesol but this crazy savory terp that we always described as turkey dinner- like Thanksgiving stuffing or breakfast sausage. I think it was like a sage note. The butane hash we’d make was straight lemon pinesol, everything about it was so dank.

Not trying to minimize the spirit train by any means but nothing closely resembling that description was found in the pack that I ran. Leads me to believe it was an entirely different cut of TW or we were told it was TW but was really something else.

20 Likes

^ maybe a zingy pheno of Sensi Star passed off as a TW?

FYI Headiegardens still has Bodhi’s Trainwreck HP in stock.

8 Likes

the kashmir seems to be a very dominant inbred line… the only kashmir genetics ive grown out is dla4, but having grown out several 88ghp crosses with the same male as the dla4, i would say the kashmir is by far the most dominant of the females used in the crosses ive grown out (time bandit, lazy lightning, black triangle)

in conclusion, i wondered if the spirit train would be more kashmir or trainwreck dominant and theorized it would lean away from the trainwreck side… seems congruent with your experience, though given the nature of the trainwreck cut you’re familiar with there could be other variables

23 Likes

Such good info, thank you!

13 Likes

Blockhead BX F2 day 42F
7 females pollinated by 4 males, open pollination
Making some seeds to spread out here in Brazil

:peace_symbol: :heart: :brazil:

41 Likes

This is the lower on a Wolf Pack, pollinated by its half sibling Cobra Lips. So this batch of seed will have the Appy male as the “grandfather” for bolth parents or top and bottom, as they say in the dog pedigree world.:grin::v::canada:

35 Likes

Did anyone here grow Bodhi’s Banana Spliff?? I could have sworn I remembered seeing some amazing photo or photos of that one and was wowed by it… so much so that when a guy on discord said he was trying to sell a pack I immediately jumped at the opportunity when I saw the pack. So tonight I searched every forum, looked on Instagram… trying to find whatever photo/comment left the impression that it was a “must have.” I didn’t find much. I saw a few okay to nice looking photos and a few comments that I know I never saw before that made me happy I’m buying the pack… but not the one that blew me away. Hmmm did it really happen?

I do think so… however I just can’t quite remember where or when. Someone help me out here. Banana Spliff… is it gonna knock my socks off?

8 Likes

I had 5 banana spliff girls. All of them had the same look of super frosty og Kush like nugs. 2 had no banana smell whatsoever but we’re Kushy and had this cool gunpowder/4th of July smell. They both had a pretty good relaxing high but nothing too special. The other 3 had a banana laffy taffy smell and taste and were incredibly potent. Bell ringers, the type of stuff to make me say to myself “Man… I’m really high” I made F2s with a vigorous skunky fruity male.

26 Likes

Apologies if inappropriate, but if anyone was open trading newer bodhi pack drops for csi, message me.

4 Likes

Wow. What a response. Welcome @Ziggy77 and thanks for that description. Sounds exactly what I’d want to hear.

I saw this photo elsewhere… maybe on Reddit… I honestly don’t remember much other than it was Banana Spliff. I’ve never seen a pack for sale at a shop but I did see an old listing at JBC.

21 Likes

Banana Spliff is a good one. We made a cross with it
Banana Republic (Banana Spliff x Candy Shop).

9 Likes

Looks excellent should be a fun one

5 Likes

Dragons Blood Hashplant
F2 by @MomOnTheRun, F3 by @BigMike55
40 days from seed

25 Likes

Beautiful little ladies. Congrats.

2 Likes

Did anyone try his BCO Afghani or Uzbekistani Hash plant?

5 Likes

AFAIK when the BCO Afghani repro showed up on DG a few weeks ago it was the first time it was released? I mean, other than by Breeders Choice/Hot House

4 Likes

soulfood I nicknamed this one the collard greens pheno because it has a sharp garlic, oniony, gassy smell to it. Also have a really cool carmel apple pie pheno that I’ll have to get a good picture of to put up here.

45 Likes