Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

@syzygy :drooling_face: well done, my friend! Agree on the DHP being ready in the next day or two.

7 Likes

Beautiful job growing those plant bro!

4 Likes

^^All of these are Red Eye Jedi, but these are not all of the REJ.

Kalifornia F2 ^^^

Monarch ^^ Not sure why I dont have any more photos, will have to take some next time Im in the room.

All of the plants are good, but there are some that are much better than others. Based on noses and resin rubs I expect easy elimination of all but 10-12 phenos, and then it will be much harder to decide. With that said, even the worst pheno will likely be better than anything in a dispensary.

Monarch seems to bring OGK/hashplant mix with a berry note and a familiar OG type 2x+ stretch, moderate hashplant dominance.

Red Eye Jedi seems to have the most OGK dominance, Im getting a nice mix of kush scents mixed with the chemmy sometimes fruity 88g13hp. These are much more squat, 1.5-2x stretch with a slower veg.

Kali F2 has lots of variation in resin but very little in structure. All plants resemble OGK in frame but some are more beefy than others. The thicker the stem the more hashplant leaning IME. The thinner but stretchy framed OG leaners are my favorite, similar notes as the nice REJ phenos but stretched out on a great yielding frame.

51 Likes

I know your environment is fairly well controlled and dialed it, but am wondering if you saw any intersex issues on the lowers of your REJ or have they been clean?

Great pics! Love the look of the last picture (Monarch?)

10 Likes

Convinced me to pop some og x ghash next time I pop some seeds some black triangle and monarch are getting soaked for sure killing it as always @advancedbuffalo

12 Likes

I didn’t start a grow log or anything, this is kind of a test run for me. Welcome to OG also!

15 Likes

Thanks! I’ll try to remember to check back in a couple months when they’re in flower!

3 Likes

Nothing odd that I have seen on the lowers but I’ll keep an eye out and will let you know if I see anything!

@DesertHeartGardens They are great lines! I’m going to hunt more Ghash crosses next year. Hope you find some keepers, keep us updated on em!

8 Likes

Oh man! Very nice as always @advancedbuffalo i want to run that monarch SO BAD! Now even more so! Anybody got a pack they wanna trade? :wink:

3 Likes

It has the Appalachian intelligence. Watch out for that one!

2 Likes

How can you tell that they are polyploid?

5 Likes

Bodhi is an approachable guy if you have an avenue to converse with him.
I was a tester a couple or 3 times , most notably for the Grandma’s Hashplant before it was named. Because of them being testers I never made any seeds with the killer cut I found in those 11 beans. I let it go last year after keeping it for 4 or years. I bought 2 packs I have n ice though so will take that adventure again soon.
Goji OG x 88G13HP I received in a gift box from a grower who has left the weed scene a few years ago. It was a Blessings/Freebie pack in the green baggie with the gold label as we are all accustomed to. I had a real hard time finding any grows of it online at the time and as the plants were growing I knew I had to F2 them. Using 2 males and 3 selected females I did branch in bag pollinations and ended up with a silly amount of seed.
I had no plans to sell them but there was so many and seemed very few people got them and even fewer posted grows online. I saw that there were some fundraisers and such associated with GLG at the time and contacted Bodhi to get his thoughts on donating the seeds to GLG to be handed out as freebies or used in the fundraisers. Though I am paraphrasing from memory… He specifically requested that no one profit from the seeds but was fine with them being given away or used in non profit fundraising. At the time GLG decided to step away from the charity auctions and such so the seeds went into storage. They are GLG freebies until the sack of seeds run dry.

Since testing for Karma , Bodhi and a couple other breeders, I learned valuable lessons on what to do and not do with a breeder’s test seeds. Some breeders guard thier old or discontinued lines as well as is the case with Karma… not faulting him for it. I reached out a while back about the Old Grandpa Scratch LTD. Only 100 packs were released , i guess over 10 years ago now(?) and I ended up with 7 of those packs. I found some crazy killer plants in those seeds and some of those plants have gone on to be a building block for an OG line I have been crafting since 2017 that I call “precious og”, None of the generations have been released until recently with a pack enroute to @crownpoodle.
Anyways I talked with Karma to get his thoughts on my idea to work the Old Grandpa Scratch itself , keeping it pure but with my selections and he was not receptive to that at all. I offered to send him packs of my many F2’s that used multiple females and males in several seperate breeding groups over 2018,2019,2020 but again he declined. I pretty much begged him to go back to the line and work it again because of the plants i found but there has been no hint of that happening and it probably never will. I have way to much respect for Karma to let any of the Old Grandpa Scratch fgens out of the garden which really sucks but he did say that he was fine with people making and releasing crosses with his work in it.

my big ramble has a point… if you have plans to make Fgens with a breeders work and share it in the public domain as we are accustomed to doing here on OG … it;s best to reach out the breeder themselves if possible and get thier input before you share those Fgen seeds…

19 Likes

I appreciate your “rant “. I don’t understand what he doesn’t approve of if the line is dead with him.

10 Likes

I feel quite honored to have that pack of Precious OG headed my way @SHSC-1 .

12 Likes

In tracking transgressive traits and combination for Wookie the lavender thread was helpful

The depth of the red petioles never came out in lavender, but the bleed down leaflets is in some of the population. The red dot or blood red is within the '84nl, but mostly recessive.

The recombination hit a cord and amplified both the NL marker with almost perfect tracking and unlocking of the associated NL profiles, but amplified beyond either. This profile was not found in the rest of the population absent of these parent traits and combination of genes. There were a couple that are the most intoxicating floral lavender I have ever smelled and have the bud color, but most of the ones that look lavender on multiple traits have mid level floral interest relative to the lavender outliers

There are a lot of potential uses, but this depicts so of the technique for ghost hunting and breeding back to desirable ancestral traits.

https://overgrow.com/t/lavender-collective-grow-show/27173/552?u=stoneguru

Pictures 1: Somas lavender. A portion with similar petiole bleed

Picture 2: atypical lavender pheno (in leaf)

Picture 3-5 ancestral recombination and associated accurate amplified profiles. No notes of og, chem or GC whatsoever.

17 Likes

Seems like this sort of info might be better if it was in its own thread. It’s a bit less Bodhi and more genetics and tracking markers in general, so it may ultimately get lost among the rest of the Bodhi info here.

13 Likes

Really? So you just showed up at the most popular breeder thread on OG and started talking about your own stuff (which, from everything you’ve said, seems to me to be tangentially-related to Bodhi at best)? For no reason whatsoever except you “don’t know how these fancy weed-growing internet forums” work?

You’ve never, ever logged on to another weed-growing website before? You don’t know how those work? And you’re in no way interested in trying to promote your own seeds? You’re just talking?

13 Likes

My interests are mostly learning and documentation, but also made some great friends along the way. I am not new to growing cannabis. '95. I’ve been on the Bean basement for a couple years. Great community over there. Hopped over here looking for something specific and found it. The above information and pictures are all Bodhi’s Wookie. Popped 9 of his packs listed above to take a look and that seemed relevant to this thread. Is there another one for that?

1 Like

Dude, seriously… Enough. Just start your own breeding thread. Enough with the ,”Whaaaaa??? Wha’d ah do?” If people are interested, they’ll be there.

9 Likes

I am not contending anything and both welcomed and thank the advice before you and also acknowledged your echo now twice on a topic already concluded. It’s just asinine now and certainly off topic and of no relevance. Onward :ok_hand:

3 Likes