Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 3)

Will be soaking 2 of the Panama for the next round shortly(3 weeks maybe). Hope for 1 female and will clone her.

9 Likes

Just a guess but my fear is that any impurities in the “seed-soaked” water like chlorine, chloramines or bacteria or algae might also stall the fresh healthy seeds?
Might using clean fresh water be safer?

4 Likes

A13usaonutL.CLa_2140,2000_815Qj2kPuVL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UX466

5 Likes

I’m using well water now. These are older seeds that have stalled. I’m trying to figure out how to add a little boost back to them.
Thank you for bringing the concerns up. I should boil and cool the water pre soak if I go that way

5 Likes

I’d put the taproot down into a root plug and see what happens but I’m by no means the most knowledgeable person here, nor do I pretend to be :joy:

2 Likes

Johnnypotseed swears by laying them on wet worm castings. Haven’t tried his method but the man knows what he’s talking about!

13 Likes

I’ve done this and it works well.

10 Likes

That’s the easiest solution. I’ll try it first

3 Likes

If you know they’re old seeds, I’d just crack them first thing.

5 Likes

I can attest to worm castings… after reading johnnypotseeds way with worm castings I’ve not went back… it typically gets 90 percent success rate… if not higher… if they don’t pop here in my opinion they won’t pop… heat mat seemed to speed it up… I have most crack in 1 single day… and it works great for older seeds for sure!!! that says alot!!! Thank you @JohnnyPotseed

6 Likes

In that thread first post, I say I use a heatpad cuz lol
Glad a lot of folks find the ‘mini-tute’ useful though!

10 Likes

Lmao I edited that… I didn’t realize that was 1st there

3 Likes

It’s been such a great method… it’s been good to me so far… I won’t ever go back to paper towel

4 Likes

the paper towel method is my second ‘go to’ if at the moment, I’m out of worm castings for some reason. It, like a lot of methods, works. It’s just the WC is the best I’ve found in all my experimenting lol

7 Likes

I just didn’t like how sometimes the paper towel would start to disintegrate etc

4 Likes

lol OR… the tap growing into the paper before you can get it out!
Plus, the paper towel usually takes 2 days while the WC can only take a day sometimes

7 Likes

Totally!!! It’s like sewing with a very delicate needle lol

4 Likes

Soak for say 20 min, then dump that water then soak again and use the 2nd soak.
Many seeds have germination suppressing enzymes to help them compete against other seeds.

So discarding the first soak removes these negative enzymes and then using the 2nd soak gives you the good enzymes.

11 Likes

Space monkey f2 day 40

41 Likes

16 Likes