Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

never seen Appalachian Super Skunk called ASS until the ASS cut was released and the people that were calling it that also happened to be selling seeds with Appy Super Skunk as part of the lineage :thinking: :thinking:

13 Likes

That’s a lot of ass.

4 Likes

This guy?

From his other post at the top of that page:

“Grown in the greenhouse last year, these crazy sativas were all flowered out and most seeded up with some Maruf Kandahar Black (from ILE) pollen:

• Acapulco Gold (Nierika)
  • Lower Ulleri Annapurna Nepali (Nierika)
  • Upper Chuile Annapurna Nepali (Nierika)
  • Oldtimer’s Haze (Ace)
  • Eastern Manipur-Burma (ILE)”

Or the dude here?

9 Likes

I messaged the first guy on IC-M

3 Likes

Yeah talk about some fire landrace chucking whew boy. That sativa selection is A+ and KB makes a very interesting Dad from what I’ve seen of it in other peoples grows, it looks super dominant and inbred

3 Likes

Acapulco Gold!

8 Likes

the cangshan is a cool line. very late finishing outdoor sativa, but it’s doable if you can tough it out until around thanksgiving. high in cbd and trace cannabinoids, very medicinal for muscle spasms and cramps. cerebral sativa with a medicinal effect on the body. the buds are loose, with tiny tiny calyxes. I mainly use it for my rick simpson oil.

very rustic and unrefined. the tallest ganja plants I’ve ever seen.
it was not easy to germ, there was a steep learning curve to care for them so it wasn’t an easy grow the first time around, and it was tough to produce ripe seeds before winter.

I hope bodhi will release more of these rough around the edges landraces. it’s worth it for the diversity of the genepool, the potential to find unique medicinal qualities, and they have the potential to be good fits for certain climates where conventional hybrids don’t perform well outdoor. I learned a lot from this plant.

13 Likes

I agree! I had a really good and educational experience growing a reproduced heirloom collection from India, the Colorado Sativas/Old World Organics Malana Village sativa hashplant, which was collected in 2014. It wasn’t as rustic as the Cangshan looked in your grows, and was an easy grow with two fairly consistent phenos between two plants. But the overall package was very rustic and sparse grown organically, while also being appealing in terms of vigor, structure and resistance, and beauty honestly. The second OD Malana was grown in a 5g pot with a ton of Jacks and other liquid amendments I use indoors, and the buds are much denser, it wasn’t as pretty of an airy sativa structure but still didn’t get any mold or bugs even in the cool wet alley I grew it in. Pretty interesting seeing how an heirloom reproduced organically responded to salts plus bennies, I still have to compare the smoke between them.

These two plants will probably yield the same dry trimmed weight, is my guess after seeing them dried and binned together:

6 Likes

that’s definitely true.

in china cannabis is actually grown as an ornamental in some regions. I found a really interesting article a while back documenting a tradition of growing male cannabis plants in front of entrances to restaurants in a city in northern china.

it also had photos of an international botanical expo in the US (from the late 90s I think) the chinese installation actually had vegetative cannabis plants growing at the edges of a small pond or water feature. the article also described enormous flowering male cannabis plants inside of an enclosed butterfly apiary.

it sounded like those plants were more hemp like, but it still would have been a big surprise to see that planted on display at a botanical expo in new york in the late 90s.

the articles were linked in a cangshan grow log on rollitup a few years ago.

That’s something that I’ve been wondering about too. The cangshan was verry sensitive I think that one might be tough to grow with salt based nutrients.

some cultivated landraces are traditionally planted in manure or very hot compost, and may be well adapted to handle generous applications of nutes.

10 Likes

You know, that’s a really good point! Heirlooms could very well be used to manures or rich soil, and I guess the knowledge of using mineral, animal, compost and fire char-based fertilizers is extremely ancient, so there’s that too. Like a landrace heirloom from a terra preta area would respond way differently than one from a sandy glacier retreat mountainside

7 Likes

Havent seen this in awhile but it is at GLG now.

8 Likes

Here’s the pics I have from the Lower Ulleri and the Upper Chuile:

Lower Ulleri (2 pics)

Upper Chuile (3pics)

One of these was autoflowering in 18 hours of light.

I made hash with all these and they didn’t grow the best in the greenhouse with the cold weather. They were all December strains but the weather got too cold and I had to harvest early.

@misterbee has some seeds for a giveaway of a Lower Ulleri outcross to Kashmir Sunshine, called Stairway that will be included in an upcoming giveaway for any of you that want to try a somewhat tamed version.

24 Likes

I am him and he is me.

3 Likes

(And we are all together).:wink:

6 Likes

Probably during the “Annual 50 Member Spring Fling Giveaway”. Upcoming “Annual 50 Member Winter Giveaway” already sealed and ready to be dispatched, only requiring “personals”. Compiling Strain/Variety List for the “Fling” underway, to be finalized by March timeframe. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

He has arrived!

1 Like

Here’s a little more landrace info from Bodhi, courtesy of @Cannavore ’s guide, plenty more in the link at the bottom:

Watermelon Hashplant (Annapurna National Forest, Nepali Himalayas; Village: Mileche; Elevation: 2000m)

an open pollination of 18 individuals hand collected in the nepali himalaya, this will be the first and only open pollination, the rest is up to you. there are plans to work the line selecting for early maturing dense and resinous individuals with a release of those in the future. theres alot of nepalis to work on so i want to do open pollinations, get them out and move on to the next one asap, before the germination levels drop too low. aroma: watermelon, tea rose, mountain flowers

Ethiopian Highland

Originally from african seeds stock, the now defunct old school purveyors of the finest south african heirlooms. these are an open pollination made by a friend from my previous filial selections. Heres the original write up: Ethiopian Highland - Outdoor Considered the finest in the world by the ruling Empress Zauditu and Ras Tafari who became the Emperor Haile Selassie this pure sativa comes direct from the ancient land of Ethiopia in what we believe is a world first. Cultivated and inbred by his latter day followers in the city of Shashemene this sativa grows well at altitude and in cooler climates. Buds typically long sativa with visible resin droplets providing a clear energetic high. Plants are shorter, branched and stockier than the tall bushy southern african types. Should also do well indoors but not fully trialed yet.

Ghandruk Giant

pure nepali mountain sativa

village: ghandruk
elevation: 1940m
classification: giant bushy foxtail hashplant
aroma: sweet lavender, geranium, aftershave.
notes: found this one on the day of the chopdown, not many seeds, biggest hasplant ive ever seen.

Lao Highland

amazing jungle mountain sativa from the borderlands of lao/china/myanmar. immense vigor, mold resistance, and size. i collected these on my 2014 yunnan china and northern laos seed safari from muang sing akha tribal group women. most turn purple and have deep berry floral incense aromas, a less common green pheno has a hazy citrus nose. very expansive, clean, and energetic effect. should make amazing f1 hybrids with compact pure indica. big stretcher. one of the biggest plants I’ve come across. outdoor harvest nov-dec.

Malawi Gold

Characteristics: electric mind fire

Originally from african seeds stock, the now defunct old school purveyors of the finest south african heirlooms. These are an open pollination made by a friend from my previous filial selections.
Heres the original write up: Malawi Gold - Outdoor Famed by travelers across Africa for its potent ‘up high’ and mythical gold color. The sativa ganja tops are bound tightly in banana leaf and cured to form the well known Malawi ‘cob’. High yields from big buds loaded with THC. These are wild seeds selected from some of the most learned cannabis growers in Malawi.
(these are a small preservation release for this years outdoor season)

The infamous Cannavore Bodhi Guide, enjoy if you haven’t already:

26 Likes

I remember seeing a bunch of ASS plants on a bigass fullterm farm in SLO county in 2016. I didn’t even know it was Appy Super Skunk until the end of the season. We just went out there and slapped a lotta ASS lol

7 Likes

To the question of Bodhi clones out there (some of them)

Clone Guide

A list of the clones Bodhi released at Kind Peoples in Santa Cruz CA, Summer 2013

Goji OG (bodhi cut): the classic dark berry pinesol goji og cut. 9 weeks

Hippy Slayer : a dirty hippy x road kill skunk sativa hybrid with a unique aroma and extreme potency. found by pj in the test batch. 9 weeks

Pinesoul : an extreme lemon pinesol f2 goji og cut, very stretchy and robust. 9 weeks

Purple Goji : a purple stemmed goji og f2 cut that stays shorter and more full with a rich heavy berry aroma. 9 weeks

Queen Mother Goji : an f1 goji selection from 100 seed plants, chosen for its size, extreme resin, and buttery og berry smell. 9 weeks

Santa Cruz Strawberry Cheesecake : The super frosty strawberry goji pheno from the f2 generation. 9 weeks

Temple (bodhi cut): huge fast hazy towers of canna mind medicine. 9-10 weeks

Thunder Egg OG: an f1 goji selection from 100 seed plants, chosen for its incredible denseness and amazing refreshing effect. 9 weeks

Wookie #7 (honey bush pheno): a rich sweet she musk wonder plant comprised of big buddies lavender clone and appalachia. 9 weeks

This is post #7 in the above link

28 Likes

sort of bad news from the genius thai… i tried new containers, and got really root bound… not sure if they started flowering on their own because of the root bound, but three started showing big pollen sacks/bananas/ whatever you might call em. so 3 confirmed males, the one that wasnt root bound im not sure what it is yet…

in which case… im thinking if i get one female, and by any chance it is a good one, any repro will be an S1… i dont got space for 3 males. unless anyone has any good stories breeding with the genius thai male…or knows if i should be looking for anything specific in the line/male

sorry @VAhomegrown

18 Likes