Bodhi Seeds - Goji OG Crowd Source F2 Preservation (closed)

i think it was in his cheech wizard thread, but @nube had mentioned cutting the tops off the males and sticking them in a vase of water once they’ve started dropping pollen to allow them to continue opening without having a whole plants worth in the mix. i had figured this would be a good space saving option, could be something to look into.

EDIT: ive also heard of folks flowering out males in their showers . . .

9 Likes

“Any advice would be appreciated.”

I’ve found that screw-in leds work much better than cfl’s. I’ve also found that 5000K is not necessary for vegging. 3000-4000K works fine, and isn’t as blinding!

Here’s a good thread on the SIL’s:
https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/grow-diaries/micro-grows/315715-off-the-shelf-retail-store-screw-in-led-and-cfl-bulb-comparisons

8 Likes

I modified one of the standard 6’ tall metal racks for my space. Home Depot often sells a version that comes with corner posts that screw together (for tighter shipping/packaging I believe). So a 6’ post comes as two 3 footers that thread together. Instead of stacking them I installed them side by side into a square. Using (8) three foot posts, the shelves connect everything together.

Not sure if you follow, it’s a little tricky to explain. This is the best photo I could find atm. I could get you some better ones later if ya want.

Also, I’m in the same boat as you with the males, curious about possible options as well. I’ve been thinking I would flower everything together, but cut the early flowering male flowers off, transfer to a cup of water that gets kept in a separate place (prob my mudroom, lol). I would collect that pollen for use as well, but it would allow the slower males a chance to get into the fun also.

Edit: I been needing to figure out a space to take clones. Came up w a solution here @NorthNorthNugs

15 Likes

Ive posted this before somewhere I think, its my old diy solution… cheap easy effective.

23 Likes

I got you… this is making sense. Thanks for sharing!

Yes maybe this is the way to go! I really only need the tops. Hmm I will consider this further.

Amazing thread. Thanks for sharing!!

9 Likes

Awesome thread - always wanted to run some strawberry goji but never got around to it.

Look forward to seeing what comes from all these grows of the goji. Such a good strain :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’d say these two are on opposite sides of the expression spectrum.
I’m vegging on 15/9 with 5000k lights. not to be stereotypical, but I think the tall one is a boy.

one thing i have observed with both of mine is how much the leaves move.
see here they are kind of drooping, but this was after lights out and i just turned on the light for this pic. in the morning they will be in praying position and ready to go.
has anyone else noticed this?

22 Likes

100%!!! I was going to ask as well. I’m vegging under 18/6 and typically around hour 14-16 about 4 of them are in full droop mode… I figured it had something to do with DLI. I’m assuming this is just some type of phenotypic expression. I’m going to write some notes asap about each pheno. I’m noticing similar things with my lot as well. My #10 plant is staying SUPER squat. Same with a few others. There is a real difference in internodal spacing for sure. I can’t wait to see which ones are male/female to compare to what I believe them to be.

I meant to bring up a different issue to the group. With all of us taking clones and sending them around I figure it would be smart to come up with some type of naming convention since we are all numbering our plants the same. Maybe we assign a letter to each of us to put at the end of our plant names. For instance;

NorthNorthNugs = A and all my clones would be names 1A, 2A
antheis = B and all your clones would be named 1B, 2B
Neb = C = 1C, 2C

etc etc…

So that when it comes down to breeding later down the line we’ll know that 1A x 7C means that we took my cut and bred it to Nebs cut. I don’t know if any of this matters but I was just thinking ahead.

How does that work for everyone? I’m open to other suggestions.

16 Likes

The little one on the right reminds me of the cutting that I have. Speaking mainly in terms of the look of the leaf.

7 Likes

Ive noticed a few of the taller phenos are a bit droopy in the morning - thats really the only time I look.
Noticed the same with some super squat phenos - Ive got two that are very squat with distinct ridges on the leaves. Really nice structure and they seem to have nice branching starting as well.

11 Likes

My computer crashed on me a bout a week ago so I have been offline since. I just got my new computer built and I am back in business. I’ll read through the replies in this thread in the next couple of days but wanted to give everyone an update on my lot. 22 of 26 seedlings have survived and are thriving. I was feeding Jacks321 at half strength for the first couple of weeks but am now feeding at full strength. Happy lil seedlings =)

26 Likes

i have found that (CAREFULLY over a large bowl), SCUFFING older seeds w 150-200 grit sandpaper before planting, reduces the seed shell staying-on aka “helmet head”.
It’s supposed to help loosen the shell seam or hinge, and the embryo can absorb more water.

A small pill bottle or film cannister lined w fine sandpaper works great. GLG seedbank has been giving out these as freebies.

10 Likes

Great idea man, I was already gonna tag anything I send but that idea is smarter

7 Likes

Cool… I just think it would be the easiest thing. So if we’re sending cuts across the country or something and someone loses one then they can trace it back to the original person to maybe get it back. I’m just thinking about if one or two of them being absolute FIRE and it’s like the best medicine ever we can track it down properly. Anyway… just a thought.

7 Likes

makes sense to me to jump on an agreed upon naming convention before folks just do it on their own. that way everyone on the same page. just my 2 cents there. :v:

6 Likes

hows this?

14 Likes

Perfect!! Thanks for organizing that.

I’m cool to move forward with this if everyone else is.
@The_Lazy_Hippie @Stankonia @ramblinrose @catapult @antheis @Neb @Islayhearts @G-paS

Are we good with this naming convention?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

7 Likes

Heres a little update with my two favorite stretchers and shorties. Both phenos have very nice branching developing - nice to see that even the squat ones have good branching. This is 3 days after topping (I think 3), so they’re starting to grow again.

And heres lil runt… its alive and doing very well!

22 Likes

Nice thinking ahead, love it.

Along a similar vein, was there an intention to try to coordinate timing for flip? I seem to remember that being mentioned as a potential goal, at one point. Maybe we all won’t be on exactly the same schedule, but prob could be fairly close.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

Definitely agree with coordinating flip

3 Likes