Bodhi Seeds - Goji OG Crowd Source F2 Preservation (closed)

:raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_woman:
:green_heart: :seedling:

18 Likes

I would help make goji f2’s if I could but I’m currently booked up with making mother’s milk f3’s and then ssdd f2’s or ix after that… it’d be like this time next year at the soonest.

18 Likes

Wow all I can say is thank you to all who have offered to help. What an outpouring of positive energy for this project. It looks like we have enough folks who are able to provide some space in their gardens to keep this strain going strong.

Here is a list of folks that have reached out and volunteered to help so I am going to tag them all so we can discuss some logistics. There are more folks then I have packs available but there might be a few folks who drop out once we start hashing out the details so I will include everyone in the conversation.

@NorthNorthNugs
@Islayhearts
@G-paS
@ramblinrose
@Neb
@Sasquatch
@antheis
@catapult
@Dirtron
@Astrodude
@harveest
@Shanti-ri

Please let me know If I missed someone or you are on the list and don’t want to be.

First things first, these seeds are no longer in their original packaging. They all came from reputable seedbanks in their original green Bodhi baggies with gold label but I removed them and put them into my own containers with desiccant and vacuumed sealed. I can 100% vouch for these seeds, but I can also understand if others don’t want to take the chance. I get it and no hard feelings if this info changes anyone’s mind.

The next piece to work out would be timing and how coordinated these grows should be. Would trying to have these F2’s ready for the Spring Co-op box be realistic? Seems like most who have volunteered are able to get to these immediately which is nice. The other part is if we should try to coordinate schedules so that pollen sharing can be attempted. This would be an awesome thing to do but make things way more complicated. I am totally up for that if the other growers are as awell. The other option is just everyone make their own batch of F2’s with their own plants and on their own schedule as long as they are finished by a future date that could make sure they are in the spring co-op box. Whats everyones thoughts on this?

39 Likes

I believe it’s fully possible to finish this for the summer boxes. I also support the idea of ​​synchronizing times and sharing pollen that would make things more complicated but not impossible in a way that you can’t even try, for that reason I think we should try.

it would really be an epic co-op if we do it in sync with all the seed runs at once and finish together. maybe we can make 1 list for subscription and 8 separate topics to make it easier to compare

18 Likes

I no longer have 100% confidence in my seed germination abilities so I will not be offering to grow any of these precious F1s. Thank you @The_Lazy_Hippie for doing this and making these available for the community.

I would definitely be down to participate in the F2s :green_heart:

20 Likes

Sounds good to me. Synchronizing would be challenging, but Im open to trying if thats what we decide upon. Will be an epic project!

10 Likes

i can and will germ these the day i get them.
my plan is to sex them and flower the boys first to get, save, and share pollen.
i won’t cull anything unless it shows intersex.

12 Likes

Yes I would make it conditional, everyone start germinating on a specific date, have to grow the whole pack, make some type of criteria or up for a vote when it comes to tossing plants. Set a general flip window. Everyone post their plants in the same thread.

This will hopefully make it so only people that can start them immediately and to full effect, get the seeds. Everyone can see what all the phenos are, at the same time, and all the flowering and shucking and such should line up so they can all go out on the same box.

That’s how I’d do it anyways, that’s how some of us are reproing these Mothers Milk f3’s. Group grow show of f2’s, just not here.

28 Likes

Just curious but would pollen sharing be necessary???

Out of the 11 seeds a pack, chances are you’d get at least 3 males and 1 should produce pollen minimum.

I guess my thought is that you want the most diverse mix for pollination so would sharing a male ruin that?? Or are we keeping it in hopes that if there is a failure to get a potent male , we share? Or use that pollen on a female clone batch???

Just curious is all. I know I see/look at things differently than most.

And I’m down for whatever the group decides if I’m chosen to be part of the repro.

15 Likes

I was going to drop asap. Would you hopefully be wanting them started right away or drop 1/2 and collect pollen and share it while the rest are growing? Just a thought.

Also locations could make it hard to get them done in time or sharing of pollen. We could have to wait a month or two for seeds and/or pollen to arrive to each other. Playing devils’ advocate.

16 Likes

This is a great idea That’s so OG! Goji OG! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To the folks who threw their hats in to run these, you can trust @The_Lazy_Hippie 's packaging method. I’ve now run a few of his donated packs, and shared others that have been ran elsewhere, and they are what he says they are. And they’ve been stored well.

Spring sounds fairly reasonable. It would be better if everyone ran them at the same time, otherwise you have people who keep them rather than run them. People gotta commit to running them immediately, none of this “maybe next run” stuff. Depending on when this run happens, I may try to join in with my own pack!
:green_heart: :rainbow_flag:
:sun_with_face: :seedling:

P.S. Perhaps a portion of these seeds can make it to a seedbank or two and be used for freebies with a purchase of bodhi seeds? :slight_smile: Or a fundraiser for @strayfox’s daughter or something?

47 Likes

i’m putting off doing a seed increase of killer queen x shit i bought from useful. i’m super serious about this.
i vote we plan to pop around the same time - ie: when they are received.
they should and can go into the spring 22 box.

16 Likes

I am ready whenever you are my friend. I will admit I am a bit nervous but I am confident in my growing abilities by now and ready to take on a challenge and give back to this community.

Standing by good sir!

19 Likes

@The_Lazy_Hippie thank you for your generosity! I don’t have the space currently but I will watch and offer emotional support!

:relaxed::grin::relaxed:

11 Likes

I’m so excited for this project. I ran a pack of Goji OG and got some stellar girls. Very cool to see this mentality on OG, why hoard a bunch of beans that will never get grown. Crowdsource the work, because no one I know has the space to run all of the packs. Genius! Mad props to @The_Lazy_Hippie !

If anyone does end up dropping out, I would be honored do a seed run on a pack after I finish the Tranquil Elephantizer Remix run, about three months or so. But, I hope all the original volunteers can complete the job.

I agree with most, I think everyone should agree to run them at the same time, just to ease in the coordination of distributing the F2s.

Man, it’s gonna be so cool to see the treasures that the F2 opens up! Will be following along closely :eyes:

18 Likes

I just dropped out

2 Likes

I think Im going to grow them outside in the spring if I get a chance, I am not aware of the best way to collect pollen so maybe someone would shed some insight on that, Id def be willing to collect some and send to people if needed.

I could grow the whole pack outside in the spring, the tent prolly not. (7x7)

1 Like

He wants them in the spring box :rofl:

:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

I assume that means grow em in the spring? lol

2 Likes

No it means the seeds are ready to ship to members in the spring :wink:

6 Likes