Bodhi Seeds - Goji OG Crowd Source F2 Preservation (closed)

Oh no no. No dice. I want the clear bag ones lol

5 Likes

this comment just reeks of armchair activism and virtue signaling.
this plastic should never enter a landfill since it is reusable.

i feel you on that, what’s the point of color changing if you can’t see it?

3 Likes

Thanks for the hostility. Just trying to share what I’ve found. I thought it was pretty cool!

16 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

17 Likes

hey man i wasn’t being hostile. we can disagree without hostility.
sometimes a different perspective can be abrasive and i won’t apologize for that.
like i read in a book a while back, “iron sharpens iron.”
when iron gets sharpened two things happen: sparks fly, and you get sharper to cut through the bs.

6 Likes

That is Proverbs 27:17 :slight_smile:

14 Likes

You always surprise me @DougDawson
Well versed you are in many things ,)

6 Likes

5 packs of Goji OG beans went into the mail this morning. This covers the folks who volunteered from the US. The Canadian folks will have to wait a couple of more days while I work out some details. Let the games begin!

I still have 1 pack of Gogi if there is someone willing to run these. Requirements would be that the seeds are completed and sent back to me by mid march. Also that the goji should be grown in an isolated space away from other plants. Hit me up if you are interested. I know there were a few folks that seemed available if needed so hoping they see this.

39 Likes
6 Likes

I’m interested, I was even quoted but for some reason I was taken off the main list here and spring and I manage to meet deadlines.

12 Likes

Hey @Shanti-ri

Sorry, been doing my best to keep up with all the communications. I appreciate your offer to grow these out for the community. I’ll shoot you a PM.

EDIT: I am primarily looking for folks in the USA to avoid having to deal with sending seeds through customs but I am willing to explore all options.

23 Likes

I am still down, but kinda removed myself from contention considering many of the volunteers are more active than I am, but I am still willing. DM me if you want to. Monday and Wednesday are my days to hang out here.

15 Likes

And so it begins. This is going to be an epic run and massive effort from the OG crew.

I hear great things about Goji. Having even the slightest chance to be able to grow them is awesome.

I’ll be sending good growing vibes to everyones garden

:peace_symbol:

17 Likes

I can’t wait to watch this progress!!! Thanks all volunteers and @The_Lazy_Hippie !!!

10 Likes

if there’s one thing i know about growing is to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of the soil where your seed is planted, since i’ve been doing that i’ve had 0, and i mean 0 issues with weak seedlings. from what i understand it kills the shit that kills seedlings

17 Likes

Fascinating. It also keeps ants away outdoors, when you sprinkle a circle around the base of the plant stem

9 Likes

All 8 packs of Goji F1’s are officially on their way to the volunteer growers. I am not sure what the end result of this project is going to be but it sure will be fun getting there. For those that volunteered their time but didn’t hear from me I greatly appreciated the positive energy but had a limited number of packs. No offense intended if you didn’t get a message from me, it was challenging to keep all the offers straight and I sort of lost track of who all spoke up.

45 Likes

Can’t wait to see this all go down. Are the updates all going to be put in one thread? This should be epic. Just hope I can keep up

11 Likes

Yes, I have asked everyone to drop updates in this thread in order to act as the main dumping ground. Folks may do their own grow logs but this one can act as a centralized place for general updates.

26 Likes

grower’s update:
day zero - seeds received. seeds are now soaking.

thank you for trusting me with this task.

58 Likes