Bodhi seed's Pura Vida Preservation Run (CLOSED)

@nube are you doing a Cheech Wizard f2 run in the future?? Which version?
Cheers

8 Likes

Day 16 since harvest and the buds are still too moist to shuck, but I did give them a shave in anticipation. Here’s half of the PV2 ready to shuck when it gets drier’n a mummy fart as @Torontoke loves to say.

Still a little ragged looking as most seeded plants are, but she gave her all to pay it forward to the next generation. The buds are very crusty, trichs almost sandy, granular and clumpy like humid sugar.

Smells very tasty. Not loud but distinct, the smell of fresh pressed cane juice, almost fermented into rum, and lime. I can see where this one got its name.

With our weather turning from 101F over the weekend to a low of 23F and a foot of heavy snow breaking trees around the whole area, I had to turn on the heat. Hopefully that lowers humidity so the buds will dry out enough to shuck in the next 7-10 days. So far, every F2 that pops out has been gorgeous, dark and brindle.

Yeah I’m planning on F2ing the Cheech Wizard from @MojoRising soon, maybe after the Good Medicine?

The only version I heard of is Green Curry OG x Snow Lotus.

What other version do you have?

34 Likes

I dont have either unfortunately.
There is a Green Curry OG x Appalachia version too.

I have underwizard which is Headband x cheech wizard. Not sure which version

13 Likes

OK whew. :sweat_smile: I’m a stickler for accurate provenance info when possible. Can’t stand when people rename shit and ignore fgens. I was confused when you said which version of Cheech Wizard cuz I don’t think he ever used different moms or dads for the cross called Cheech Wizard. Good to know there’s only one.

Going off of bodhi’s typical naming conventions, would he call it a different version of Cheech Wizard or would a cross of the Green Curry OG mom with a completely different dad like Appalachia get a brand new name? I’d think it would be a new strain name?

From my limited understanding, don’t bodhi’s strain “versions” always = same family but new fgen on the mom or dad’s side or something like that. I thought when he swaps out the mom or the dad (or both) for different cuts not of the same family, he calls them “remixes.”

While I’ve seen those naming conventions in the past for bodhi releases, I’m sure there’s 1 named retail cross out of his thousands over the last 25years that disproves that theory. My memory’s pretty bad, but the only exceptions to those rules I can remember is bodhi testers or non-released packs given to people as special gifts.

15 Likes

There are two Cheech Wizard versions from what I understand.
Green curry og x snowlotus
Green curry og x appy

Maybe Im wrong and the appy one was unnamed??
@50State do you know or have a pk of green curry og x appy to check the name??

11 Likes

Sorcerer’s Apprentice (Cheech Wizard × Appalachia)

Creamy chemmy soaring fruity spirit sorbet for the senses. Heavy wands of crystalized nuggles to turn on the muggles. Botanical blazing mind hyperdrive. Genetic breakdown: Green curry og x Afgooey x Blockhead x Green crack x Tres dawg

Edit: Oops! sorry, wrong one that’s cheech wizard x appy.

Edit: Edit: the font Bodhi uses is called Papyrus. :v:

11 Likes

EDIT 9/12: This Cheech Wizard V2 debate was resolved in post 305 below. There is only one version of Cheech Wizard, and any packs claiming to be “Cheech Wizard - Green Curry OG x Appalachia” were a labeling error and do in fact contain the one and only Cheech Wizard - Green Curry OG x Snow Lotus.

Here’s the situation: That pack was bought on an auction. I notified the buyer directly that that pack was mislabeled and they claimed it was vetted by a 3rd party but didn’t show any screenshots in support of their claim. That 3rd party was wrong and here’s why:

I actually found a person on BreedBay asking about that same pack back in 2015 at this link: https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/post-762206 Here’s the quote:

I have another question for those in the know, or maybe for B himself. I got another pack of Cheech Wizzard in the mail today and it shows “Cheech Wizzard - Green Curry OG x Appalachia” I am guessing it was just a printing error and is meant to be Snow Lotus?

And 2 posts later a poster said he asked directly and it was verified as a printing error. https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/post-762234
Here’s the exact quote:

Asked about this myself, yes printing error. It should read snow lotus, the same slip up has happened before with blue tara labels reading appy as the father, its just a mistake with the label maker.

So there is no Cheech Wizard V2. There’s only one Cheech Wizard and it’s Green Curry OG x Snow Lotus. The pack that reads Green Curry OG x Appalachia is a labeling error and contains the Green Curry OG x Snow Lotus seeds.

Original post follows:

Yeah I’ve seen people claiming “versions” for other bodhi packs lately, but they’ve been proven either fakes sold by unscrupulous IG scammers (now that the old style bodhi packaging was detailed with font and gold label SKU and all that) or they were unreleased testers/gifts.

There was one person who claimed he got a “Cheech Wizard v2” pack from a headiegardens auction, but we know it wasn’t a different version. It’s likely a fake since it’s labeled Cheech Wizard in one brag post, EDIT: my bad, the “Sorcerer’s Apprentice” is a completely different cross in their other brag post. Here’s the pics:

As far as I know, when he uses a wholly different mom or dad for a similar cross, it gets a new name. Always been that way. Otherwise, shit would get confusing quick.

24 Likes

Maybe I can ship you some dry desert air to speed things up. :rofl:

22 Likes

There ya go. Solved it. Two versions of cheech wizard are out there.

I think the snow lotus one is more desireable

12 Likes

As I’m understanding it, Cheech Wizard is Green Curry OG x Snow Lotus. And then there’s Sorcerer’s Apprentice which is Cheech Wizard x Appalachia. Two different strains, one is Cheech Wizard, one is a Cheech Wizard hybrid. So, not two different versions of Cheech Wizard.

Kinda weird Bodhi named that one Sorcerer’s Apprentice. Besides Sunshine Daydream, I can’t think of a cross utilizing Appalachia that Bodhi didn’t name “Something Mountain.”

10 Likes

15 Likes

Lol there are two versions of cheech. One w appy and one w snow lotus.
Period

3 Likes

Nah man, there aren’t. I’m not saying aliens, but…

aa

Thank god for BreedBay. If you’re ever looking for bodhi info, just go do the research there. That’s what I did.

Here’s the situation: That pack was bought on an auction. I notified the buyer directly that that pack was mislabeled and they claimed it was vetted by a 3rd party but didn’t show any screenshots in support of their claim. That 3rd party was wrong and here’s why:

I actually found a person on BreedBay asking about that same pack back in 2015 at this link: https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/post-762206 Here’s the quote:

I have another question for those in the know, or maybe for B himself. I got another pack of Cheech Wizzard in the mail today and it shows “Cheech Wizzard - Green Curry OG x Appalachia” I am guessing it was just a printing error and is meant to be Snow Lotus?

And 2 posts later a poster said he asked directly and it was verified as a printing error. https://www.breedbay.org/community/threads/bodhi-seeds-release-info.201345811/post-762234
Here’s the exact quote:

Asked about this myself, yes printing error. It should read snow lotus, the same slip up has happened before with blue tara labels reading appy as the father, its just a mistake with the label maker.

So there is no Cheech Wizard V2. There’s only one Cheech Wizard and it’s Green Curry OG x Snow Lotus. The pack that reads Green Curry OG x Appalachia is a labeling error and contains the Green Curry OG x Snow Lotus seeds.

27 Likes

Thanks for that. That’s a much more, uh, patient response than mine. I love that “But Aliens?” dude.

And just for fun, everybody say “Cheech Wizard” ten times fast. I can’t even do it once.

11 Likes

I can’t even do it in my head :rofl:

7 Likes

This is great info. Sounds like I need to check out BreedBay.

10 Likes

I had just started reading your post when I saw it disappear. But just so it’s clear to everybody, I’m not interested in being right, just in being accurate.

@schmarmpit Yeah man, it’s worth the free login. I would hope everyone would use BreedBay.org anytime they have questions about bodhi cuts or lineage, as just about everything has been posted there in the past.

Ever hear about a new bodhi cross with unknown parents? Chances are, bodhi posted about them 10 years ago somewhere on BreedBay, and more often than not included a pic or at least a description.

26 Likes

I get ya, sorry. Didnt mean to be ignorant.

15 Likes

Hey man, you’re fine, no worries. I’m of the opinion that reasonable people can and do disagree. We all gotta work together to get to the truth. :slight_smile:

28 Likes

that Giorgio guy - its his hair that is alien…

5 Likes