Bodhi x Cookies Just Announced

Their site was simply Sproutways.com…but it looks like it’s no longer available. Curious if that means they folded or just that they forgot to pay their server guys.

1 Like

It was a collaboration destined for failure.

Berner wanted to call it “Bookies, buy a bud, place a bet.”

Bodhi wasn’t having it.

2 Likes

I threw all my bohdi gear in the trash. He sold his soul and I want absolutely no part of him.

2 Likes

I’m growing out some Garfunkel now, really wanted that old school dumpster. Also Cali connect had Jedi kush which is also to have some dumpster, she’s in the back left of this photo…

5 Likes

if youre gonna trash a mans reputation make sure you mean it. decades of hard work doesnt become worthless because he needed a cash infusion and a rich guy came around pretending to be irie. some of the most intelligent and successful people have fallen victim to scams of personality when miracle cures and cash are tossed around. berner did tell everyone in his own words he was going to scam them so it is a bit comical in that sense i guess.
nothing on bodhis menu i want right now but when he gets sorted that will probably change. medellin was sort of interesting on the cookies menu (or the medellin crosses) but everything ive tried from lemonnade in flower form was absolute dog shit.

6 Likes

Lovely plants! You should post this in the Bodhi Plant Guide thread, for the other Bodhi growers to see.

1 Like

Lol, sure you did, that’s a very simplistic way to have interpreted what happened.

Because of his kind and generous nature, he unfortunately got taken advantage of, Bodhi clearly thought there would be a way for him to actually benefit the mass market of hype strain buyers. And in turn help prevent the bottlenecking of genetics in the mainstream market.
But Berner is a snake oil salesmen, he’ll have promised him all sorts of shit, and never delivered on any of it. Berner just wanted that look of credibility in the community by having Bodhi’s name attached.

:v:

13 Likes

We’re best friends now.

1 Like

Guru from Gangstarr made a damn song about it (Moment Of Truth) and then still got caught up in some persons BS when he was dying of cancer.

4 Likes

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I thought Bodhi was also facing some issues in his home county (maybe around plant counts?) and needed to find a place if he was going to continue operating?

4 Likes

Not sure if hes still where he was, but he was in aptos forever. I was also in santa cruz county for years and it was the most friendly forever. In the last few years they have cracked down like crazy and raided anyone and everyone. They even raided some tomato greenhouses cuz the sheriff isnt a terribly smart dude and they were just going rouge after any greenhouses in the county.

Its such a same to see it happen to so many people i knew. “legal” cannabis and the corporate interests are literally doing everything in their power to grease counties to crack down on any perceived competition. Drug war 2.0

11 Likes

Yup…actually did. Threw out my coveted cut of black triangle as well. Principles over everything. :v:.

Bet I get dragged for this comment, but he is a sell out!! When you partner with someone who stands for the complete opposite of you, you sell your soul. Wish him the best of luck, but changes my opinion forever!

4 Likes

Bodhi also may not share the opinion many of his customers seem to that GSC and its progeny are not worthwhile strains. Even though the partnership is over, he did just release 88g13hp crosses with Oreoz and Gelato 41. GLG also has the Gelato 43 cross listed and JBCseeds is offering the Thin Mint cross as a freebie.

4 Likes

What did Bohdi get from “selling out” exactly?

Seems like he tried to have a healthy partnership for some mainstream success and it fell flat.

Dude didn’t double his prices or start acting like he invented anything like some people in this buissiness.

Got nothing but love for Bohdi, and I hope he finds all the success in the world, he deserves it.

9 Likes

https://oregoneliteseeds.com/product/berner-x-bodhi-limited-zkittles-x-lavender-lemonade-10r-and-razzberry-orgasm-x-lavender-lemonade-5r/

$1000 for 15 regs, what a joke.

4 Likes

It can’t be too much different from crossing zkittles to any wookie.

2 Likes

on sale 50% off too because they didnt go over well in the testing dept.
every zskittles hybrid ive tried has no effect only flavor from it, maybe pure coincidence but definitely seems like a popular breeding tool.

3 Likes

I honestly can’t understand the people who think he just “sold out”. It just shows that they don’t really knowuch about him or understand the guy and his philosophy and way of thinking.

And for those throwing out his seeds/cuts, do you think when he did this deal with berner that all of his previous work suddenly changed?
The genetics, the work, the love that he put into everything is still there, still the same.

:v:

11 Likes