Bodhi x Cookies Just Announced

how would he know they went over well before he released them? im just going off the information available.
if you want to make assumptions then its pretty safe to say the only people who are enjoying those beans arent telling anyone anywhere, and its pretty easy to draw the conclusion that they are likely cbm growers.

i was a bodhi tester for a long time. For every pack released, there’s 5 that are not. What he is saying is that the ones that say NFT might actually be something like 1-10% herm rate because they were already tested but probably will not herm on you. He takes stability really really seriously like other older breeders like Prof P.

4 Likes

im not sure who was arguing that by selling his NFT packs at $50 each he had sold out?
were talking about the $2000 pack he released with berner that had terrible germ rates.

looks like you are now???

yes, the special release with berner was clearly not fully tested as well.
the point is he put his name besides a guy who bragged about beating up women and sold the beans for $2000, the quality of them is not relevant to the original point.
never said he crossed some line he cant come back from, but maybe he saw that somwhere down the line there was one and he turned right around and came home.

the beans were released with the cd right? the most obvious answer would be that he was rushed into a deadline by berner, or those managing/running the music/promo side. maybe that was what made him realize it wouldnt work, we dont know.

You said they didn’t go over well with testers, I countered that there was no indication that was true. I have yet to see a negative review of the NFT releases?

I’m pretty sure the Berner CD packs were originally 750? Not that that isn’t bonkers, but it’s not 2000.

1 Like

do you really think were in disagreement or that ive got the original price of the packs wrong and youre used to everyone trying to be a dick on the internet lol

I think you have the original price wrong… like I indicated by comparing what I recall versus what you’re saying the price was at the drop?

Never heard about a divorce, that’s terrible.

The only people who know the details of the deal are bohdi and Berner’s people.

Maybe bohdi follows Berners, thinks his albums are sick, doesn’t mind the womanizing, and wanted to make some dough. Maybe he has no fucking idea who berner is, but someone came to him with numbers, a buissiness plan, and he agreed because what is one more plant in the garden?

I have no fucking idea why he did what he did, I doubt anyone here does, but criticizing his character based on this one instance of bad buissiness instead of his whole body of work is short sighted in my opinion.

8 Likes

the NFT drop he did without berner is great, i think theyre like $40 on sale right now at glg…
none of it is for me but that has nothing to do with the quality of it.
but yea youre probably right on the price of the berner seeds, my point has always been morals. i dont think you need to hear my life story to make a reasonable assumption as to why i draw a line with people at beating/extorting women in my personal life.
ironically though as i may sound like a bodhi hater im not, when the dust settles im betting hes back on his game and i dont think he needs to explain himself either.
at the same time i see people flaming berner like they would say all that to his face, lol, they would not.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Yeah, maybe. But it seems almost impossible that Bodhi didn’t know Berner was a piece of shit and that it wasn’t going to turn out well at all. If we all knew that, there’s no way Bodhi didn’t know that.

Half-off, too, which is even funnier/sad/really, really funny.

5 Likes

Elaborate, please, if you don’t mind.

I mean, yeah, people talking about,”I threw out all my Bodhi gear after reading about this!” is way-the-fuck over the line, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to be disappointed in Bodhi for teaming up with a scumbag like Berner. It’d be like your favorite local microbrewery teaming up with Anheuser-Busch.

9 Likes

throwing out the bodhi packs when you couldve given them away on here to people who would cherish them is some selfish ass shit lol

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, too haha. Not that I need any more seeds, but for sure, at least give them away to somebody.

Kinda like when those dickheads were burning their Nikes or Adidas or whatever because Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem. It’s like,”Dude, you know other people coulda used those, right?”

5 Likes

Unrelated, but a number of years ago the warehouses in Oregon where the majority of the hops crop was being stored burned down resulting in a nationwide shortage. I was a member of the St. Louis Brews homebrewing club at the time. Maybe it’s because we were local, but Anheuser-Busch donated a large amount of hops to the club for free just so we could continue to brew our recipes. I hate the beer they make, but that was cool of them…

11 Likes

I don’t have any issue with people expressing disappointment or whatever about that partnership, but it quickly seemed to go from “I’m super disappointed and throwing away all my gear” (you can borrow my trash can!) to Bodhi selling tester rejects for half price in a hot minute.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was nice of them. Still, though… I love Anderson Valley’s Summer Solstice (and a lot of their other beers, too); if I found out they’d teamed up with Anheuser-Busch, I’d be pretty disappointed, same way I was when I found out about the Bodhi/Berner nonsense.

3 Likes

Nah, that’s not happening, is it? That link that whoever shared here for those $1000 packs (half off! Haha) wasn’t in the “Bodhi section” of Oregon Elite, was it? If it was, I missed that part.

1 Like

I think it was just confusion over the NFT packs Bodhi released (that were lower priced than regular packs, but also everything is on sale for the same price at GLG).

ETA: Given that most of the NFTs he’s released so far have had the G13/HP as the dad (which I presume is pretty stable), I imagine a person might discern something about the stability of the cross from looking to the mom?

3 Likes