Bonsai Mums by Oldtimer1

Alaskan fish and Neptune harvest was all I use to use.

2 Likes

I used the previous for a LONG time.

2 Likes

Yeah that is what i was wondering as it is just a salt nutrient as far as i can tell. Do you water your mums with run off by default?

1 Like

Yes, I usually water to runoff, but wasn’t for a while and got some salt buildups.

3 Likes

Yeah the Megacrop rep was a little concerning. I was talking about amendments for soil and he advised me that it can be used to amend soil. After looking further into it found it was just salts. So the advice was bad. As it is called a “vegan” product it is often mis identified as organic. I like the product as a salt though.

2 Likes

I haven’t done any of this yet, but I find the seed vs clone as mother very interesting.

I know it is the go to method to clone and send the seed plant to flower to see how it looks and also I imagine is a bit faster…

However, I would have figured the tap root from the seed plant would have been better to have as a mother, really interesting to me that the clones develop more feeder roots and how that all translates to better moms.

6 Likes

Hey @ReikoX how are the moms doing?

Do you use a humidity dome when you take fresh cuts? Do they go straight into the 16 ounce bags?

Was directed to this thread and I’m really interested in your bonsai style, guess I need to add ‘learn to sew’ to my priorities list

3 Likes

Well, I’m down to three mothers because I got HpLVd but they are doing well since I reset.

Yes I take clones in rooters and a dome.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to recover the garden to its former glory soon.

1 Like

Well since reading and implementation of bonsai mother’s. I have successfully held
Jack Herer
Super Lemon Haze X Jack Herer (2 phenos)
Black lime reserve
SLUSHEE beer
GMO rootbeer
JR77
Sour D
Corey95
Cuban black haze (plasma slugs cut)
Original C99
RKS
Sparkle berry
Cambodian
And a few more to come soon
All in a 2x2x2 now for over a year. With one t5 over them and a fan.
They stay in solo cups and hit the ceiling, then when I get a chance I take cuts, put them in new solo cups and give or use the plant in the solo cup.

Not quite ot1 style but by golly this is the bee’s knees in my eyes.

14 Likes

First attempt at bonsai a grown CG mother in solo cup to 4” air pot. I’m hoping I did it right. Thanks to @HydroPower for re-posting article. Perfect answer to space saving.

10 Likes

Hi @Enjoi802!! Good morning and Happy Easter!!
Would you have pics? 500ml solo cups? really nice!! Congras!
Btw, about to move a Purple Moonshine from a 6"! Thanks!
:pray: :hugs:

9 Likes

Have you ever tried Maxicrop?

No, using Jack’s 321 for bonsai mothers now. Actually turns out the megacrop wasn’t my issue though, I had HpLVd and thought it was a nutrient issue.

3 Likes

Do you use a root eating enzyme? I was just looking at Cannazym reviews.

jacks is my go to. that or masterblend. i use them interchangeably. sorry to hear about your hop virus outbreak. is everything ok now? did you ever figure out where it came from? im guessing a dispensary cut?

i have a bunch of cut ive bought from the dispensary. its such a pain to clean them up from pests, ive pretty much given up on bringing in new cuts. my biggest fear is a virus, but mostly i battle pm. sorry for your loss, based on your comment sounds like youve cleaned up the tent well

1 Like

Yes, everything is okay now. I ended up trashing everything and starting over. Yes it came in on a dirty clone I got from a fellow on another forum.

3 Likes

I will try that as soon as possible, might fix some space problems.
Thank you very much✌️

2 Likes

Old but priceless information. Does anyone know of a more printer friendly version of the guide ??

1 Like