BOO (Bag Of Oranges) reproduction

I was going to run down to Niagara in two weeks with my wife and hit up some wineries and sell him a couple lights for dirt cheap. I had arranged to sell and would meet him down there on our wine tour as thats his area and we could meet up. I already was basically giving the lights away to him and was going to drop them on him for only my gas cost as we agreed the original price of 250 for the two as they are 400 brand new each, i knew he was hard up and was going to give them both to him for 50 bucks just to cover my gas. So happy i stumbled across this thread today.

12 Likes

This directed at me?

1 Like

No it wasn’t

1 Like

I sent $40 worth of stamps to TST last year for the BOO seed run. Seemed like a good idea at the time. He was asking for money, stamps, pucks etc. He sent a message thanking me for the stamps.
When the second ask came this year around January I knew something was up.
Then it just kept getting postponed.
I realized that it wouldn’t get done and that I had been burned for some stamps.
That’s not something that really bothers me, others had given more.

11 Likes

This is the part that has GOT to get fixed ! If you drew attention to anything along these lines it’s a shame for sure that it was ignored …
It just sucks completely because it makes the entire site feel different… like we all have filth on us we can’t wash off now… it’s bullshit! All I have to say… and I’ll leave this thread with this comment… is give me 5 minutes alone with individuals like that… I have the cure! In both hands :+1: :facepunch: :muscle: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He waged a war of nerves but can’t crush the kingdom brother

6 Likes

Well that sucks. I for one really appreciated your help and kindness sending out seeds.

2 Likes

As a percentage of activity, this is a minor thing here. It’s less than a percent imo.

17 Likes

Thanks! For all the good things I’ve learned and people I’ve met here, one bad thing doesn’t bother me. Honestly I had forgotten about it.

10 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I did. When I heard he needed a light I just said, I got one, you are welcome to it. He came and picked it up off me at work. He even bought me some edible goodies which was cool. I never though much of it, just figured I didn’t need it and another grower did so might as well help him out. Then the light went to @leetdood which I though was also cool. It’s with a grower that can put it to use so I am still happy about it. In the end, I would do it again, lol.

28 Likes

It’s super fantastic and helpful. Thank you so much @DougDawson

I didn’t wanna drag you in but it definitely came from you, so thank you so much.

6 Likes

That’s my take also. Personally I try to just give with no expectations where I can. Its nice and frankly a privilege to be able to do it and not care. So much of life can be dealing with bullshit that its about just putting out the opposite.

The thing with having seen a few cycles of scammers on this site is that I notice an almost obsessive quality to the behaviour of many and soooo much time put in that I can never understand why? If you put half that effort into building something you could actually do something cool rather than scamming for peanuts.

24 Likes

A member here who I trust, fwiw, started a thread about 6 months ago regarding her experiences trading with some of the “well known” OG members. I know that her experiences with TST was the impetus for the thread. Unfortunately, despite lots of comments, nobody was willing to name names. And that’s understandable, and that’s why these things persist for so long and create so much damage

Sure, there’s a feedback forum but who’s going to call out one of the site “elders”?

13 Likes

Yeah… for now…

Unless we find a way to ensure stopping it… it will likely start a cancerous thing that goes on… and I’m sure it isn’t the 1st time… but I still say… it’s pretty important to maintain integrity here…

In the end we all just need a little damn tegridy lol

9 Likes

We won’t get that percent back by restricting honest members.

4 Likes

In my experience,

People are reluctant to name names

Part of it is because conversations can get heated and go south quick. People throw in judgments and insults, which leads to escalation.

Honest feedback is important and there should be a place for it.

3 Likes

I never said restrict… I said initially to expose… exposure helps alot… but how to do it without either embarrassing exposure to needy, maybe not wanting to be exposed as needy? It gets hard to do…

Ensuring doesn’t mean restrict… it means a way to ensure credibility… a way to ensure what’s all actually being given before everyone’s pockets are emptied

This is a minor thing.

1 Like

I sent $10 to help out with the BOO run - added a note that I didn’t expect any beans in return. He replied i will be getting a generous pack in return. Nothing lost.

I still have 4 S1 BOO’s that can go to someone legit on reproduction. Weren’t kept in ideal conditions.

11 Likes

Hey, no worries. I am glad you are getting good use out of it bud.

Personally, if done tactfully and honestly than everyone should if they have an issue. All members should be held to the same standards. Trust, honesty, the willingness to follow through, these are all things I would expect from a member. I don’t care if you are a MOD, TeamOG member or basic user. All should be held to the same standards IMO.

27 Likes

Didn’t get a hand-job, a hundred or a pony…. That was some budget assed grooming….You should demand at least a Pepsi can full of wine, bourbon…something….

6 Likes