Books, PDF's, and other useful nerdy sh#t

I love that they labelled jodrey as a “career hustler”. I started laughing immediately.

3 Likes

Here’s the full 2hr banter smoke sesh:

:v:

:evergreen_tree: complete groupie

4 Likes

Excellent thread folks. peace to the i.

1 Like
6 Likes

That’s where reading material on this stuff comes in handy.
Dig it Rosenthal and Frank’s, get to learnin

The Bible on the subject

Some stuff you don’t get in these forums, it’s not brought up cuz people just want to grow and now breeding has become a thing even for novices.
Muddying the water downstream, cuz the buck don’t stop with them it goes to their buddy’s so on and so forth.
And yes I know people don’t want to hear that, my wife calls me the most stand up and straight forward person she knows.
Lol

9 Likes

Also thee number one reason why you see more hybrids for sale than anything else.

You start breeding hybrids with hybrids that’s just a whole nother big ole can of worms and so on and so forth.

2 Likes

Well you just made me rethink things…this fall I have a pollen chucking project I’m gonna take on, with 3 strains. I was just gonna hit selected bottom buds on the mother, and start working them f2, f3 and so on then bx them. Now I’m thinking on doing the full plants for a bunch of f1’s. I still got alot more reading to do between now and then.

3 Likes

Much better idea work the f1’s find what you’re after clone that girl breed her with something special not just Willie nille.

4 Likes

Any of their books on the subject you reccomend? I believe they have a number of them.

1 Like

I got the books to read :grin::+1:

12 Likes

There ya go read and absorb that first one I mustve read 20 times made the mistake of letting someone else borrow it, never saw it again .
Happened so long ago don’t even remember who.

8 Likes

Of course first editions didn’t have oaksterdam on the front cover but I did know they adopted it for their handbook.

Cannot stress it enough people love to take short cuts, learn about what you’re doing and why.

6 Likes

I know what I want to do, but doing it the best way possible, is what I need to know :+1::+1:

1 Like

I appreciate the advice. Would you like a PDF copy of that book @OleReynard ?

1 Like

That Ed Rosenthal is awesome. I’ve read through George Cervantes a dozen times as well

1 Like

My thought is that if you have a pack of F1 that you want to make F2, use all the males and pick the best female. In general, you should be able to find something at least as good as the female you selected in the F1 generation. Taking cuts and backcrossing to earlier generations is good too. In smaller numbers, I think it’s probably easier to get a consistently good seed population by backcrossing than inbreeding, or using backcrossing with inbreeding to slow down the bottlenecking if you want to produce something stabilized for outcrossing.

After thinking about it for a while, I think an approach I plan to use more is to take cuts of everything and grow them along side the best cut from the previous generation. Use at least a few males and select the best female to grow the next generation. If the best female was your cut from the previous generation, grow the backcross from her next. If the best female was an inbreed, grow the seeds from her next. And just progress in that manner, always keeping the best cut from the previous generation to either select or retire when a better one is found.

This way, you can always be assured of forward progress, even if it’s “backwards” progress. :joy:

26 Likes

I enjoyed reading this :rofl:

3 Likes

Which book as a pdf?

I’d be interested in adding all the books to my library as .pdf’s!

1 Like

Frank’s and Rosenthal
There again research, look up growing books on the net

2 Likes

Ask me again on Monday bud. I have the book being spoken about and many more in PDF form.

2 Likes