Boron Deficiency?

So, I posted some pics of my sick plants in my grow thread:

Initially, I thought it was disease, but I think it has been narrowed down to Potassium or Boron deficiency.

I’m posting here in the hopes more people will see and provide additional input.

Thanks for looking. And thanks to @DefNSmokn and @LegsMahoney for narrowing it down.

2 Likes

This might help you out.

3 Likes

Have you checked your pH recently?

2 Likes

I check the pH of the input, but I don’t really have a way of checking the pH in the soil. I had been watering at about 6.7. Today I dropped it to 6.5

1 Like

Water until runoff and then check the pH of the runoff. That will give you an idea.

I’d say statistically it’s more likely a pH issue than a weird deficiency. Or a weird deficiency caused by bad pH.

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll try to do that next time I water. I have had a couple of pH issues before, so statistically you’re probably right.

2 Likes

Can not say it any better than that.

2 Likes

Microbial activity deficiency.

A layer of horsemanure will do the trick.

Looks like it’s been flowering a while, could also just be plain old senescence.
They don’t live forever… yet.

1 Like

Pretty sure it isn’t senescence. It started on the one plant early in flower.
Unfortunately, I don’t have any more horse manure. But all throughout, I have been using Recharge, and more recently Kelp4Less inoculant, and one application of Great White. I think there should be plenty of microbes. Maybe not the right ones?

There’s no microbes in bottles.
It’s folklore from the guys who want your money.

If you don’t wanna run into these kinds of problems and save a lot of money try no-till.
It requires some research, but lots more fun and less work.

1 Like

Within the last week, I actually started watching KNF videos and started reading the JADAM book.

1 Like

Checked the runoff pH just now: 6.7

3 Likes